Topic: MVM machine attacks servers crashing/restarting

Offline flashgnash

• I Posted!
  • flashgnash has no influence.
Every day I've decided to play machine attacks has ended with me ragequitting because of a crash at somewhere around ep 14. It's incredibly frustrating to spend ages getting the server to a high level then having the entire thing crash and have to start from ep 1. Could somebody look into this to see if there's a fix? Or at least enable votemapping so we can get back to where we left off when it does this? (From my experience it only happens at the start of rounds before everyone's readied up.

Posted: June 01, 2017, 05:45:52 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I've brought your post to Gutty's attention, I'm sure he will look into it and see what can be done.

Reply #1 Posted: June 01, 2017, 07:40:23 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Is it happening on that ep everytime?
What number server were you on?

Reply #2 Posted: June 01, 2017, 07:42:04 am

Offline flashgnash

• I Posted!
It's happened on different episodes, I think its more about runtime than the episode. And I'm not sure but I think it's on all the servers, I just tend to join the one with the most players.

Thanks for responding so fast, sorry for the vague ish answer.

Edit: Oh, another solution like allowing mapchange would be for it to save the map it's on so if it does crash it automatically sets the map back to the one it was on, of course this would require a mod and I can see it being rather difficult. Nevertheless, it's not a perfect solution but it would still help a LOT. (if it's possible)
Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:22:48 pm by flashgnash

Reply #3 Posted: June 01, 2017, 06:18:09 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
there may be a way we can do your suggested temp fix but we need to code and test it.

when the map changes, it should reset the memory usage so im not sure why it would seem as if its overloading..

Reply #4 Posted: June 01, 2017, 09:56:35 pm

Offline flashgnash

• I Posted!
Oh, some extra info, I heard from some others earlier today it's only server 13 that restarts daily, 11 and 12 are fine. I know 11 is fine, I was playing it all day yesterday and it didn't crash.

Reply #5 Posted: June 02, 2017, 05:36:29 pm