Topic: GetSome TF2 Newsletter #3 - August 2014

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Hi all!

Well another month has past and it was quicker than I thought. More dribble time!

Counting down to the LAN in auckland, it's almost a month away, can't wait to meet some of you there. It's looking like a great line up of guests, and will also be worth going to see some new tech and gadgets on show.
A reminder to register for the lan on our website, www.getsome.co.nz. There will be everything you need to know, including links to purchase tickets.

The LAN also signals the start of the next school holidays. For those of you that get a break, make the most of your time and play some TF2!!! :)

Now down to some business...

As the event is coming up, we wont be getting some things done on the server front, so any basic modifications to be done, will be on the waiting list.

I mentioned in the last newsletter that the '!call' command will be working for all servers, this is not the case, it only works for Trade servers at the moment. But we are getting there.
Please use it to get our attention, if there is no response after X minutes, find someone that's on the CURRENT ADMINISTRATORS OF TF2 list. Add them and let them know.
Some people seem to think that when there is an issue, and think an admin is not on the server, goes and bothers another admin, makes them stop what they are doing, gets them on, to deal with it, when there may be another admin that is already aware or is dealing with the situation. Wasting time and causing more frustration to the admin that had to drop everything for nothing.

I also highlighted some basic rules in the last newsletter.  Things have been slightly better, but still can be a nuisance.
Mic spam is one of the biggest issues and most probably always will be. Admins act on these spammers, but seem to get themselves banned, when they evade the mute/gag/silence by reconnecting. When we are asked to unban, we do not until the time for the ban is up. Bans are set for a reason.

This leads me onto bans..
There have been some users who have been permanently banned for various reasons. These people continually try to join the server, thinking they will be removed. We also get people asking when they will be removed. The general response is "never..".
Some users just don't understand when they get banned a few times for the same issue, enough is enough.

The MvM servers have been getting some great usage lately, its fantastic to see. We have some random issues that are being addressed and will/should be fixed at some stage over the next couple of months.
Map changing seems to have some issues and the servers keep defaulting to decoy. When im online, and see that this has happened, I would manually change the map to something else. That way decoy is not being overused.
I am doing a stage 3 revamp of the Easy and Hard getsome waves. As there has been various feedback on the current ones. The next stage could see some slight changes and possible fixes to problematic waves.

The trade servers are still going well. Quite often I see a question popup, "How do I trade with people on the other server?". Currently you need to jump into the other server by typing '!servers' and selecting the other trade server from the menu, then pressing F3 to accept the request.
We are looking at organising a plugin that allows you to trade between servers. This may take some time to sort out, but could be a great tool to have.

All the other servers are doing well, over the next few months some changes are going to be rolled out. So keep your eyes peeled for whenever that happens!

We have noticed some new applications for admin as of late, but these applications have been from users all under our required age.
PLEASE is you wish to apply, read the ADMIN APPLICATIONS thread.
There have been people that wish to apply, but have no idea on where it goes. These users are not aware on how getsome operate, or even who getsome are. These users get a no by default.

Right stats time again, things should be smoothed out now as the stats have been seperated for a couple of months.

General: 1136 (18815)
MvM: 3324 (13055)
Trade: 6707 (17545)
Hale: 4027 (8905)

WOW, considering there have been no holidays or public holidays to influence the numbers, they are quite staggering.

Back to admins. We have made some slight alterations to the team. We now have assigned a senior role to some of the lads. This is so they can deal with some situations when Dumpy or myself are not available.

Lastly, I would like to mention the new comers to our admin team. Bluehomzee and Viklok. Both are from NZ.
Blue has been a regular with our trade servers and is very well known around the traps.
Viklok is a regular to our hale servers and has been dominating the leaderboard for some time.

Thanks again for allowing me to waste some of your time. Until next month, GETSOME!

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator

Posted: August 25, 2014, 12:45:46 am

Offline Raydiense

• Game Server Admin
  • Raydiense has no influence.
That inter-server trade function would be pretty neat.

Reply #1 Posted: August 25, 2014, 09:02:41 am