Topic: Reputation System Broken

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Chrome.. They make other browsers?

Yes, Netscape Navigator.

Reply #25 Posted: January 05, 2015, 12:10:59 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Chrome.. They make other browsers?

Haha, Thanks, that helped a lot

I'm back.
It's fixed.

What's next?

Reply #26 Posted: January 05, 2015, 01:29:32 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I'm back.
It's fixed.
What's next?

• "Mark all as read" button on the "All Unread Topics" search page, not just the bottom of the damn main page.
  • When viewing a members profile, want "Show all threads STARTED by" x in addition to show all posts by.
  • Ability to see users email address and IP without having to go into the ban menu
  • One click "SpamBan" button visible on all posts by users with under 10 posts that insta bans that username and email address forever without going through the ban menu.
  • Ability to browse messages in the trash forum, rather than needing to search/know thread etc.

That's off the top of my head, I can probably think of more.

Reply #27 Posted: January 05, 2015, 03:47:46 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Lol, I'll see what I can do tomorrow

Reply #28 Posted: January 05, 2015, 06:44:31 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
FWIW the IP thing is probably permissions of some sort, I used to be able to see them by clicking on the globe icon, now I get a message telling me I can't see users IP's

Reply #29 Posted: January 06, 2015, 12:09:51 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
firefox ,firefox dev, safari.  all tested fine

Reply #30 Posted: January 06, 2015, 08:08:29 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • "Mark all as read" button on the "All Unread Topics" search page, not just the bottom of the damn main page.
Look at the pretty little buttons, mark all as read, or tick some you don't care about and just mark those as read.

• When viewing a members profile, want "Show all threads STARTED by" x in addition to show all posts by.
I have called it "Show Topics"

• Ability to see users email address and IP without having to go into the ban menu
Did that work? I've adjusted the permissions slightly, but i'm not sure if it's done the trick or I need to change some other stuff

• One click "SpamBan" button visible on all posts by users with under 10 posts that insta bans that username and email address forever without going through the ban menu.
Added, doesn't quite instaban, takes you to the ban page where you have to confirm, to prevent accidents.

• Ability to browse messages in the trash forum, rather than needing to search/know thread etc.
You can browse the trash forum can't you? what do you mean?

Reply #31 Posted: January 06, 2015, 01:52:21 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Look at the pretty little buttons, mark all as read, or tick some you don't care about and just mark those as read.
I'll check later for your pretty buttons, I have no unread posts right now :-)
I have called it "Show Topics"
Ta
Did that work? I've adjusted the permissions slightly, but i'm not sure if it's done the trick or I need to change some other stuff
No. I get a popup that says "Your IP address is shown only to you and moderators. Remember that this information is not identifying, and that most IPs change periodically.

You cannot see other members' IP addresses, and they cannot see yours."

Added, doesn't quite instaban, takes you to the ban page where you have to confirm, to prevent accidents.
Sweet
You can browse the trash forum can't you? what do you mean?

It was the trash archive, but a bit of playing show's it's not actually the trash archive.

It's because I'm used to clicking the main header (bit in red), but with the archives there is no content in them. Archive trash is in Get Some / Archive / Trash - Archive / Trash but I was browsing to Get Some / Archive / Trash - Archive  and it's empty.

On that note be useful if when browsing a primary forum like that you can see the sub forums. I actually always thought when you hit the "master" forum you were getting messages in ALL of the sub forums as well in your display but it looks like that's not the case. Can we either get it showing the sub forums as distinct folders, or just have the master forum showing messages from EVERY sub forum (toggleable?)

Like When browsing Get Some / General / General Chat you can see Get Some / General / General Chat / Sports / Fitness as a "folder" at the top if that makes sense.

Reply #32 Posted: January 06, 2015, 04:38:59 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Tested and seems to work. any way of pre populating the Message/Note fields with the word "Spam" or "Spambot" or something so we can just click confirm?

Reply #33 Posted: January 06, 2015, 04:42:03 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Lias change your profile settings to allow subtopics to be displayed...

Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first under look and layout options.. this addresses your trash complaint
Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:08:13 am by Xsannz

Reply #34 Posted: January 07, 2015, 08:06:34 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first under look and layout options.. this addresses your trash complaint

Sweet.. That should really be the default, who goes through the options like that?

Reply #35 Posted: January 07, 2015, 08:47:01 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I think we need a Ban Lias button, a really big one, right in the middle of the homepage. And it's available to everyone.

Reply #36 Posted: January 07, 2015, 12:31:25 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Sweet.. That should really be the default, who goes through the options like that?

it was off because you will notice it makes the threads look a little off, because of the window layouts and sizing of the themes, Blame Craig

Reply #37 Posted: January 07, 2015, 02:35:56 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
Don't blame me for that one :-p

I was outvoted.

Reply #38 Posted: January 07, 2015, 02:41:08 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Yeah I see what you mean.. Craig, fix it so it does that and looks good!

Reply #39 Posted: January 07, 2015, 02:44:38 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator

Is that better?

Reply #40 Posted: January 08, 2015, 12:50:29 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Is that better?

now if i could just figure out why the reputation system is BORKED..

craig... nice TV what did you do with the old one?

Reply #41 Posted: January 08, 2015, 01:45:55 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
The reputation system isnt borked any more? I fixed it..

The old one is currently sitting on the floor in one of my spare bedrooms, but I will probably put it in my bedroom and give the one thats currently in my bedroom to my mum or something for her place

Reply #42 Posted: January 08, 2015, 01:49:26 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
The reputation system isnt borked any more? I fixed it..

The old one is currently sitting on the floor in one of my spare bedrooms, but I will probably put it in my bedroom and give the one thats currently in my bedroom to my mum or something for her place

what not one on the back of the bog door for those quite sneaky ones...

what was borked on it?  and i guess i dint scroll that far up in the thread.. my fail..
Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:53:41 pm by Xsannz

Reply #43 Posted: January 08, 2015, 01:51:09 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
Someone had changed the reputation permissions for all users, It's not logged as to who, so pass..

Reply #44 Posted: January 08, 2015, 01:58:18 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Someone had changed the reputation permissions for all users, It's not logged as to who, so pass..

which section was that under i though i had trolled through them pretty danm well and the + and - permissions were ticked.

Reply #45 Posted: January 08, 2015, 01:59:45 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
they were, but the general setting to modify other peoples reputation wasn't lol

Reply #46 Posted: January 08, 2015, 02:02:05 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
they were, but the general setting to modify other peoples reputation wasn't lol

fuuuu danm complicated thing.. must have been written by an ex MS employee...  like active directory permissions.. user has group permissions set to allow, but is overridden by a deny in another table.. FUUUUU

Reply #47 Posted: January 08, 2015, 02:04:36 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

fuuuu danm complicated thing.. must have been written by an ex MS employee...  like active directory permissions.. user has group permissions set to allow, but is overridden by a deny in another table.. FUUUUU

I will take AD/NTFS style permissions over bloody unix permissions any day of the week.

Reply #48 Posted: January 08, 2015, 04:15:24 pm