Topic: Drama on Auckland Motorway.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8890123/Police-shoot-man-dead-after-chase
A man has died after an exchange of shots with police that ended on Auckland's North Shore following a chase which began in the Bay of Plenty.

That's an epicly long chase. Guy was chased after a home invasion from BOP all the way to North Shore, was shooting back at police with a high-powered rifle. Ended when he hit road spikes after Tristram Ave, Police shot him dead.

I was on my way to work this morning when I got stuck in the traffic, had to get off after Tristram Ave and take a detour and it took ages, traffic was nuts.

Posted: July 08, 2013, 11:32:37 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Glad the cops figured out that shooting into the on coming traffic is a bad idea this time.

Reply #1 Posted: July 08, 2013, 09:53:58 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
Cops should have shot him at birth and saved everyone a lot of time and fuel :p

Reply #2 Posted: July 09, 2013, 03:33:17 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I wonder if he stopped in Hamilton.

I always stop in Hamilton when I'm driving between Auckland and the Bay of Plenty.

Reply #3 Posted: July 09, 2013, 03:53:21 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
I wonder why it took the cops 350km to lay down some tire poppers?

Reply #4 Posted: July 09, 2013, 04:43:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
See if he was gonna hole up in a drug house. 2 birds and all that...

Reply #5 Posted: July 09, 2013, 06:03:32 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
What are the cops doing that means the motorway's closed for 14hrs?

Serious question.

Reply #6 Posted: July 09, 2013, 07:26:39 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Zarkov;1528252
What are the cops doing that means the motorway's closed for 14hrs?

Serious question.

According to Greg (what's his name, the Police Union dude) - Picking up evidence.

They had to find all of the spent shells & cartridges - all shots need to be accounted

Reply #7 Posted: July 09, 2013, 07:44:42 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1528241
I always stop in Hamilton

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN

Reply #8 Posted: July 09, 2013, 07:57:01 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1528254
According to Greg (what's his name, the Police Union dude) - Picking up evidence.

They had to find all of the spent shells & cartridges - all shots need to be accounted

They used to make that excuse every time there was a fatal accident [possible crime scene etc] on the city motorways.

No one disputes that, but they need to get it done a damn sight quicker. Some cop arse got kicked last time they shut the city down for a simple accident.

There's a huge human cost to tying up both north bound lanes for that length of time.

So what happened this time that was so mysterious?

Guy shot at police, police shot guy, simple if it wasn't for the NZ legal system.
Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:31:57 pm by Zarkov

Reply #9 Posted: July 09, 2013, 08:28:36 pm

There are rules that need to be followed, simple as that.

Sure accidents are cleaned up fast, but as soon as there is a crime sense, investigation needs to be done. The police need to make sure it's done right, otherwise it will come back and bite them.

Stuck in traffic? Deal with it. I did.

Reply #10 Posted: July 09, 2013, 09:13:51 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
You could almost say Auckland traffic was at a......

......standoff

Reply #11 Posted: July 10, 2013, 06:38:45 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Spacemonkey.

He deals with it.

Reply #12 Posted: July 10, 2013, 04:36:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Drink some wet cement, then harden up.

Reply #13 Posted: July 10, 2013, 05:41:17 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

I'm in Kaikoura atm, so I didn't have to deal with it.

However it was a great inconvenience to some of my cat staff.

Reply #14 Posted: July 10, 2013, 07:05:54 pm

Offline Pyromanik

When you come to Christchurch you should stop in for a beer.

Reply #15 Posted: July 10, 2013, 07:49:29 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1528303

yes.

also I agree with the chimpkey, if every crime scene was done as poorly as the bain residence then we'd have a bain case every few years.

Reply #16 Posted: July 11, 2013, 08:10:04 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Quote from: Pyromanik;1528299
Drink some wet cement, then harden up.

I drink wet cement for breakfast.

Then I shit bricks around 3pm.

Reply #17 Posted: July 11, 2013, 08:12:36 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: Pyromanik;1528303

Nearly stopped at Christchurch but went through to Kaikoura instead, it just seemed easier.

On my way home, currently at Picton.

Next summer..

Reply #18 Posted: July 11, 2013, 04:53:10 pm