Topic: Tea Brewing

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I love a good cup of tea, but I dont like the effort required in conventional tea making.

I have been looking at tea machines, and the Breville BTM800 appears to be King.

However at $450 its a bit ridiculous.

Does anybody have any tips on tea machines or speedy methods of brewing a cup of tea, with minimal effort and time required.

Posted: July 15, 2013, 09:06:23 pm

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.

Reply #1 Posted: July 15, 2013, 09:11:47 pm
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Haha.

Good answer, but that wasn't the question.

Reply #2 Posted: July 15, 2013, 09:57:01 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
And here we are.

The rock bottom of GetSome.

Reply #3 Posted: July 15, 2013, 10:44:33 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #4 Posted: July 15, 2013, 10:58:36 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Takes me seconds to make tea. But that's because work has a zip boiler and I'm a man so I don't pussy about waiting for it to brew, I just leave the teabag in.

As for brewing tea properly, boiling the jug is the most yawn thing, I can agree. But just use something like a plunger if you can't get a good tea infuser (teapot with a mesh compartment for the actual tea). One of these will cost you about $10 from the supermarket. The tea will get a bit strong toward the bottom, but that's ok if you're not a pussy about this kinda thing.

tl;dr, harden the fuck up.
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:10:33 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #5 Posted: July 15, 2013, 11:07:32 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Simpler than boil a kettle and put a tea bag in a cup?

Reply #6 Posted: July 15, 2013, 11:15:48 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Pro tip: take a saucer with you. Then you can plonk the teabag on it when it's ready to drink instead of standing around waiting for it to brew enough first.

Reply #7 Posted: July 15, 2013, 11:37:31 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I leave the bag in the cup the whole time and just tip the fucker into the bid from the cup afterwards.
But then again I have to frequently fight Russians (close enough) for control over my living room so I don't expect you guys to be as manly as me.

Reply #8 Posted: July 15, 2013, 11:41:56 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
just eat the dry bag like a man

Reply #9 Posted: July 16, 2013, 12:38:35 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Bell;1528580
I leave the bag in the cup the whole time and just tip the fucker into the bid from the cup afterwards.
But then again I have to frequently fight Russians (close enough) for control over my living room so I don't expect you guys to be as manly as me.

Quote from: Emrico1;1528581
just eat the dry bag like a man

Good tips, I'll try these before forking out $400 for the pro tea machine.

Reply #10 Posted: July 16, 2013, 06:17:12 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Try rolling up the tea leaves in paper and smoking them.

Reply #11 Posted: July 16, 2013, 08:11:45 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
LOL machines for tea.

What a rip.

Just get a tea infuser and buy good quality loose leaf tea.

Reply #12 Posted: July 16, 2013, 11:19:01 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
But machines are superior to manual human ways.

Reply #13 Posted: July 16, 2013, 11:21:30 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1528606
But machines are superior to manual human ways.

That's what she said.

Reply #14 Posted: July 16, 2013, 01:30:11 pm

Offline Pyromanik

BOOM

Reply #15 Posted: July 16, 2013, 05:27:24 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Quote from: Bell;1528576

Surprised nobody else saw this one!

Reply #16 Posted: July 24, 2013, 04:55:36 am