Topic: SUGGESTIONS THREAD: T&D Weapons \ FEATURES...

Offline DrNickel

• I Posted!
  • DrNickel has no influence.
Alright, I know that Quantum puts a lot of effort into the server, I am not trying to be rude in anyway, But what i think would be a bonus for the server is more TTT weapons, wont get as bored because many different way to kill.
Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:51:00 pm by `Kayne

Posted: October 19, 2014, 10:48:01 pm

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
...many different was to kill.
Whatever that part meant, but Quantum usually adds new things to the server every now and then, or when he chooses to, to be honest right now not many weapons don't need adding, it is well balanced in my opinion.

Reply #1 Posted: October 19, 2014, 10:56:26 pm
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
Instead of asking for more weapons please make some suggestions as to what you would like to see.

Even if it doesn't exist, if it's a good idea then I will consider putting a side some time to code it provided I am motivated enough. However T weapons are simple basically they kill people or kill people stealthy or cause a nice explosion that kills people. Detective gadgets are more complex they require allot more thought and a good idea without it being to complex to use.

All suggestions will be considered but they can't be overpowered or cause an unfair advantage.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:45:04 am by Quantum

Reply #2 Posted: October 20, 2014, 12:54:54 am

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.
Oh boy I have a good list of things that could be added such as :
-knife machine gun.  has 4 bullets shoots knifes. the knifes do 50 damage per hit.
-Spiderman gun. for the detectives, able to shoot lazers into the sjy thats causes you to hang/fly
-Mellon launcher. 1 bullet, direct impact only its a insta kill.
-Regualr AWP, gets 2 bullets, loud as fuck.
-Dildo. Substitute for the crowbar.
-lightsaber. substitute for the crowbar.
-land mines. place a land mine down anyone who walks over it will die or be put on qhp if wearing armor.
-Frag grenade. more explosive damage then the Holy hand but no fire spread.
-explosive Molotov. throw this deadly Molotov into a group/crowd and it explodes causing massive fire radius.
-Potable tester. For detectives, it is able to test 3 people then it self destructs.
-Fake potable tester, puts down a fake tester like the fake hp station causing it to explode.

welp thats all the stuff I can think off my head, but there may still be more to come.

Reply #3 Posted: October 20, 2014, 02:16:27 am

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
  • pickle-bomb has no influence.
a traitor weapon that takes all dna acquired from killing innocents/detectives and plants it all on an innocent so the dna leads to the wrong target

Reply #4 Posted: October 20, 2014, 11:21:23 am
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I notice my suggestion being removed, in my outrage I do believe we need an underwear cannon type of weapon, the sound effect can be a man relieving their flatulence, one shot kill.

I actually agree with this. A weapon that shoots directly backwards. Instant kill, obvious as hell who did it.

Oh boy I have a good list of things that could be added such as :
-knife machine gun.stole my idea bitch, but way too op
-Spiderman gun. Not going to happen
-Mellon launcher. Melon* and isn't this just the same as a awp / knife / "1 hit wonder"
-Regualr AWP, gets 2 bullets, loud as fuck. Regular* Not a bad idea I guess
-Dildo. Substitute for the crowbar. >:(
-lightsaber. substitute for the crowbar.>:(
-land mines. place a land mine down anyone who walks over it will die or be put on qhp if wearing armor.Trip wire mines / slams?
-Frag grenade. more explosive damage then the Holy hand but no fire spread. Agree to adding this as a normal wep, not just t or d
-explosive Molotov. throw this deadly Molotov into a group/crowd and it explodes causing massive fire radius.Like a holy hand?
-Potable tester. For detectives, it is able to test 3 people then it self destructs. Portable* Agree
-Fake potable tester, puts down a fake tester like the fake hp station causing it to explode.A must if the regular portable tester is done. I'd like for it to be controlled to either explode on test or "false positive" innocent

Can't you wanks use spell checker :(

Reply #5 Posted: October 20, 2014, 05:23:16 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bailey Ford

• I Posted!
  • Bailey Ford has no influence.
T weapon: invisibility last certain amount of time and still slightly visible (halo:reach active camo is a good example)
I'm just modifying this as ideas come through.
:A flash bang grenade for D or T blinds everyone in area
:freeze grenade obviously freezes them so they r unable to move or talk.
:A flame thrower a more weaponised version of the flare gun doesn't burn body's more ammo tho
 (throws flames believe it or not)
:baseball bat 50 dmg crowbar
I've run out of ideas
Kayne's ass? Just causes a bright light blinding everyone who sees it

Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:37:51 pm by Bailey Ford

Reply #6 Posted: October 20, 2014, 05:25:12 pm
Your local fedora wearing srcub

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
  • nichwilde has no influence.
can you code a gun that is a tracer missile and just chase after a set player. like you've gotta tag them then it'll just chase the shit out of them.

Reply #7 Posted: October 20, 2014, 06:10:18 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
can you code a gun that is a tracer missile and just chase after a set player. like you've gotta tag them then it'll just chase the shit out of them.
That would be awesome

Reply #8 Posted: October 20, 2014, 06:13:59 pm

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.

Like a heat seeking missile ?

Reply #9 Posted: October 20, 2014, 06:16:24 pm

Offline Bailey Ford

• I Posted!

How big woul that missile be r we talking like rpg or a actual missile bcuz that hav a hard time following people lol

Reply #10 Posted: October 20, 2014, 06:25:54 pm

Offline DrNickel

• I Posted!
  • DrNickel has no influence.
I was asking so I guess that I should throw some ideas around;

T WEAPONS:
A Radio Jammer, Cuts off Voice nd type chat. It makes a loud sound so people can find it and destroy it.
Turtle Bomb, Throw it and several turtles spread out and if you go near it they start attacking you. (Seen this on a server)
An identity stealer, It looks like a knife but what it does is steal someone's name. Doesn't kill them. (Seen this on a server)
Prop Disguiser, You shoot the pistol and you then turn into a prop for a set amount of time. (Seen this on a server)
Reverse Discombob - Sucks entities inward toward centre of explosion.
Cannibalism - Allows you to eat a corpse to destroy evidence and restore health. (Seen this on a server)
Death Faker, Fake your own death, but if you get spotted BAD LUCK.
Turrent, Place it down and it fires at anyone who walks past.

D WEAPONS:
DNA SCANNER Upgrade, It makes the DNA scanner into a better one so it finds the DNA more rapidly.
Freeze Grenade, It freezes people in place.
Camera, Place a camera and a small screen appears in the corner of your screen. Sit back and watch.
Junior Detective, You assign someone to be your junior detective, He gets a DNA Scanner and can see where you get called to. But no Detective shop.

Also a "!gettraitor" command so you know who the last T's are instead of asking. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289107172&searchtext=%21gettraitor

Sorry I know there is a lot but just ideas.

Reply #11 Posted: October 20, 2014, 07:50:55 pm

Offline Quantum

I will just give my feedback by quoting posts.

-knife machine gun.  has 4 bullets shoots knifes. the knifes do 50 damage per hit. We already that lol
-Spiderman gun. for the detectives, able to shoot lazers into the sjy thats causes you to hang/fly No allows people to exploit out of the map easily... can people can just fly away and camp, gives to much of an unfair advantage
-Mellon launcher. 1 bullet, direct impact only its a insta kill. Why not kind on strange but ok
-Regualr AWP, gets 2 bullets, loud as fuck. Ok, will use the loud custom sound that the 1 hit wonder has
-Dildo. Substitute for the crowbar. Don't want to know why you would want this but ok
-lightsaber. substitute for the crowbar. I have been thinking about that allot lately will need to find a decent sabre model that can be ported to TTT not just a lame model...
-land mines. place a land mine down anyone who walks over it will die or be put on qhp if wearing armor. So kind of like the SLAMS we already have ?
-Frag grenade. more explosive damage then the Holy hand but no fire spread. Already on the server I removed it for some reason I will have to look into the code I think it used an old method of creating the explosion magnitude I will fix it up and add it back.
-explosive Molotov. throw this deadly Molotov into a group/crowd and it explodes causing massive fire radius. Na I had a look at that it was OP and fire particles / effects aren't affected by any physics so it looks really bad.
-Potable tester. For detectives, it is able to test 3 people then it self destructs. T testers are going to cause RDM it's unfair as one of are rules state you can't KOS for refusing to get tested, on the other hand I might subitute this for a weapon scanner or something like that but it's not a reason to KOS if the person has a T weapon.
-Fake potable tester, puts down a fake tester like the fake hp station causing it to explode. Bomb station is way better.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:53:06 pm by Quantum

Reply #12 Posted: October 20, 2014, 08:28:42 pm

Offline Quantum

a traitor weapon that takes all dna acquired from killing innocents/detectives and plants it all on an innocent so the dna leads to the wrong target

Would cause way to much RDM just think about that for a second because this will never ever work.

Reply #13 Posted: October 20, 2014, 08:31:10 pm

Offline Quantum

T weapon: invisibility last certain amount of time and still slightly visible (halo:reach active camo is a good example) Ok I like that idea I will start that when I have the time.
:A flash bang grenade for D or T blinds everyone in the area. Sure maybe for detective, as it seems more like a police raiding device
:freeze grenade obviously freezes them so they r unable to move or talk. No sorry I have looked at existing ones and also re-created this poorly made add-on as it was very inefficient however half the time people don't realise they have been frozen so complain that they are stuck, yes people are that stupid.
:A flame thrower a more weaponised version of the flare gun doesn't burn body's more ammo tho
 (throws flames believe it or not) Ok I will look into this but spraying fire is pretty intensive as it uses allot of entities to create a realistic flame, so a proper fire effect would need to be found for this, firing like small object on fire would be less intensive so that can be done.
:baseball bat 50 dmg crowbar I don't see the advantages of clients having to download a baseball bat if the crowbar is just as effective and 50 dmg is really high it would have to be limited use but then again the crowbar does 20-25 dmg so it there any point ?
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:03:37 pm by Quantum

Reply #14 Posted: October 20, 2014, 08:40:08 pm

Offline Quantum

A Radio Jammer, Cuts off Voice and type chat. It makes a loud sound so people can find it and destroy it. Ok that's an old TTT gadget lol but if people want it then sure....
Turtle Bomb, Throw it and several turtles spread out and if you go near it they start attacking you. (Seen this on a server) Yea this has been around for ages, I don't like it mainly because when they spawn they can cause players to become stuck. Maybe I will modify it to no-collide the turtles until the are away from players / other objects
An identity stealer, It looks like a knife but what it does is steal someone's name. Doesn't kill them. (Seen this on a server) Causes RDM.
Prop Disguiser, You shoot the pistol and you then turn into a prop for a set amount of time. (Seen this on a server) This is still kind of experimental it has been done but I have talked to developer that attempted to re-create it but in honesty he told me that it does not work well as you can see the player model above the object being possessed
Reverse Discombob - Sucks entities inward toward centre of explosion. Already on the server
Cannibalism - Allows you to eat a corpse to destroy evidence and restore health. (Seen this on a server) I'm not sure if I like the idea, may trial it for a week.
Death Faker, Fake your own death, but if you get spotted BAD LUCK. Causes RDM
Turrent, Place it down and it fires at anyone who walks past. If every traitor were to buy one then it would be extremely overpowered.
DNA SCANNER Upgrade, It makes the DNA scanner into a better one so it finds the DNA more rapidly. Not sure If I like the idea the purpose of the detective is to get DNA quickly before it decays and becomes weaker so this may advantage detectives to much.
Freeze Grenade, It freezes people in place. Suggested above, No sorry
Camera, Place a camera and a small screen appears in the corner of your screen. Sit back and watch. This has problems, However I will consider re-making it when I have the time.
Junior Detective, You assign someone to be your junior detective, He gets a DNA Scanner and can see where you get called to. But no Detective shop. No, not needed IMO

Also a "!gettraitor" command so you know who the last T's are instead of asking.

This command would cause way to much meta-gaming, It's actually a debugging command and it's already built into the game designed for admins to debug duh.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:20:58 pm by Quantum

Reply #15 Posted: October 20, 2014, 08:57:55 pm

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
  • Baby Fridge has no influence.

An identity stealer, It looks like a knife but what it does is steal someone's name. Doesn't kill them. (Seen this on a server) Causes RDM.

Wouldn't that kinda be the point of a weapon like that?

Reply #16 Posted: October 21, 2014, 07:08:39 am
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline Bailey Ford

• I Posted!
T weapon: T knife when u stab someone they turn into a traitor (saw this on another server) ( could be OP if every T bought one and doubled the amount of Ts)
You would hav to make the knifed Ts unable to buy from T menu for balance

Reply #17 Posted: October 21, 2014, 07:52:44 am

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
  • nichwilde has no influence.
+1 for a Kayne Seeking missile
that either sends zombies after him or sends a driod to chase him around at random times.

We need more chaos :)

Reply #18 Posted: October 21, 2014, 11:12:46 am

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
+1 for a Kayne Seeking missile
that either sends zombies after him or sends a driod to chase him around at random times.

We need more chaos :)
He must fill his special sauce orders

Reply #19 Posted: October 21, 2014, 01:00:20 pm

Offline Kmaybz1

• I Posted!
  • Kmaybz1 has no influence.
T weapon: T knife when u stab someone they turn into a traitor (saw this on another server) ( could be OP if every T bought one and doubled the amount of Ts)

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of T's being randomly chosen?

I understand the idea, but say a group of people were to knife the same person Every time they were T?

Reply #20 Posted: October 21, 2014, 06:51:41 pm
Fish don't swin

Offline Bailey Ford

• I Posted!

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of T's being randomly chosen?

I understand the idea, but say a group of people were to knife the same person Every time they were T?
then they're probably meta gaming

Reply #21 Posted: October 22, 2014, 03:52:20 pm

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
T weapon: invisibility last certain amount of time and still slightly visible (halo:reach active camo is a good example)

with this weapon it might be better that when you are invisible you cant kill people other wise it might be a bit op being invisible just going round killing people while invisible this means this weapons soul purpose is to escape innocents if they find out your a traitor.

Reply #22 Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:57:44 am
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline pickle-bomb

• I Posted!
Maaatee wanna take a breath? Perhaps add some punctuation?

Sorry sir

Reply #23 Posted: October 24, 2014, 07:49:13 am
#ExplodeThePickle

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I have a dream.. a dream of Quantum coding voice recognition into the server so it autobans anyone who's voice sounds under 18.

Reply #24 Posted: October 24, 2014, 09:06:38 am