Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: Lias;1511029
Quite the opposite.. CL has a reputation for going above and beyond and being extra helpful with RMA's!

just RMA'd one of my GTX580, the Service guys were excellent, prompt communication very fast turn around time, one week from time of drop off to receiving replacement!!!!
only quam is that Billie needs to take a fucking happy pill or something, depresses me every time i have to deal with him.

Reply #175 Posted: December 08, 2012, 08:35:39 am
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
I've only dealt with Stephen. Anyone know if I can argue to get a replacement motherboard? It never worked from the beginning and somewhere along the line got damaged (its a tiny chip I wouldn't have noticed it when I installed so may have always been like that)

Reply #176 Posted: December 08, 2012, 01:33:27 pm
snprkd

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Stephen is awesome if only we could choose who we deal with when you walk through the door

Reply #177 Posted: December 08, 2012, 06:05:51 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline flyingpuffin

• I Posted!
  • flyingpuffin has no influence.
I know this section is more for previous-dealings with various companies. But I thought I'd let you all know about http://hungryPC.co.nz :) We really strive for the best customer service and cutting edge, custom built systems. Seen as we're not so well known around these parts yet, just PM me whatever you are looking for and I'll sort out a great deal for GetSomeNet members. If you ever have any questions or queries just let me know. I'm always happy to help. Thanks

Reply #178 Posted: January 17, 2013, 11:15:55 am

Codex

Your site needs some work, you should totally ask retardobot and xenolightning to do it :P

Reply #179 Posted: January 18, 2013, 07:20:26 am

Offline flyingpuffin

• I Posted!
Thanks for your comments, may I ask what you feel needs some work? Always happy to improve!

Reply #180 Posted: January 18, 2013, 09:51:51 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
This is probably not the right thread to discuss this, but Codex is right. I was having a look on your site earlier and whilst you may be a genuine guy offering a genuine service, your website doesn't show that. It looks like a blog, empty and only partially put together like it's only managed on the weekends or something. It's simple to navigate but it just doesn't instill any trust in a customer who has found your website without any prior contact with you.

Your website should do a good job at letting new customers know that you are a trust worthy seller because it is more often than not, a customers first impression of you and you don't want new customers finding you (because lets face it, it's hard enough to attract online customers as it is with the multitude of websites offering the same thing you offer) so when they show up, you want to do everything you can to keep them and not give them any reason to get cold feet because of how you present yourself online.

You may offer a fantastic service and great prices, but if you don't translate that into your website, all your hard work will go to waste because without a well designed website, offering the services you do in an online environment, customers wont know any better and just go onto the next guy they think they can trust.

Sorry if I'm treading on any toes, I certainly don't mean to insult you, just some critical feedback.
Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:14:32 am by Retardobot

Reply #181 Posted: January 18, 2013, 10:10:30 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Fully agree with Re, site is fine to navigate it just lacks dimension, might I suggest you peruse the computerlounge and playtech sites (being the 2 most used around here)  it's a lack of function, more so it just looks half finished in terms visuals.
It's just a case of instiling confidence in potential customers, in showing that you have taken the time and effort to make it nice to look at and function.
It's like, why should I buy a system/part from you when your site seems half finished, not trying to be harsh, just giving feedback.
Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:01:03 pm by Nostargate

Reply #182 Posted: January 18, 2013, 12:55:18 pm

Codex

Quote from: Retardobot;1515193
This is probably not the right thread to discuss this, but Codex is right. I was having a look on your site earlier and whilst you may be a genuine guy offering a genuine service, your website doesn't show that. It looks like a blog, empty and only partially put together like it's only managed on the weekends or something. It's simple to navigate but it just doesn't instill any trust in a customer who has found your website without any prior contact with you.

Your website should do a good job at letting new customers know that you are a trust worthy seller because it is more often than not, a customers first impression of you and you don't want new customers finding you (because lets face it, it's hard enough to attract online customers as it is with the multitude of websites offering the same thing you offer) so when they show up, you want to do everything you can to keep them and not give them any reason to get cold feet because of how you present yourself online.

You may offer a fantastic service and great prices, but if you don't translate that into your website, all your hard work will go to waste because without a well designed website, offering the services you do in an online environment, customers wont know any better and just go onto the next guy they think they can trust.

Sorry if I'm treading on any toes, I certainly don't mean to insult you, just some critical feedback.

I couldn't have said it better myself :) so I won't :P

A fantastic website will sell services even if the services provided are terrible. Yet a disgusting website (not saying that yours is, it's not bad, just needs what rii has outlined about) with top notch service won't sell well at all

Reply #183 Posted: January 18, 2013, 01:17:06 pm

Offline flyingpuffin

• I Posted!
Big thanks to some advice from you guys and especially Retardobot for his assistance, now our site is 10,000 times better, would love to see what you guys think now :) Sorry for spamming up this thread!

Reply #184 Posted: January 20, 2013, 11:45:29 pm

Codex

Infinitely better. Easier to know what you're looking at, all the small details are definitely noticeable too
Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 11:58:59 pm by Codex

Reply #185 Posted: January 20, 2013, 11:53:21 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1515401
Infinitely better. Easier to know what you're looking at, all the small details are definitely noticeable too
+1

Reply #186 Posted: January 21, 2013, 11:37:49 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Holy Shit.

Forum advice that is helpfull, without Trolling.

Recipient of Advice gratefull for the Input AND puts the advice into practice.

Results of the changes from the advice offered are both in line with the advice given and warmly recieved by the forum.

Fuck.

The Internet just imploded or I am dreaming.

(Nice site btw, hope you stick around some more)

Reply #187 Posted: January 21, 2013, 12:49:24 pm

Codex

^He wasn't a dick about it, thus people were more willing to be constructive. What it comes down to really.

He asked for the specific feedback instead of crying, it was received, and now the site looks like a golden testicle, even you want to lick the golden testicle

tl;dr lick the golden testicle

Reply #188 Posted: January 21, 2013, 12:53:30 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I want to lick a golden testicle.

Reply #189 Posted: January 21, 2013, 12:58:34 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;1515453
^He wasn't a dick about it, thus people were more willing to be constructive. What it comes down to really.

He asked for the specific feedback instead of crying, it was received, and now the site looks like a golden testicle, even you want to lick the golden testicle

tl;dr lick the golden testicle

I know, I know - but still makes a breath of fresh air and a change from the norm.

I'll pass on the golden testicle. but if he has Saitek X52 joystick for sale on your website and you want to give me awesome 'Because I am a mother fucking Demon Lord and will eat your soul for eternity if you charge me full price' discount

Then we could open up negotiations

Reply #190 Posted: January 21, 2013, 12:58:56 pm

Codex

Well I sure do know what I can offer you

A golden testicle.

Reply #191 Posted: January 21, 2013, 02:09:13 pm

Offline flyingpuffin

• I Posted!
Thanks a ton for the kind words everyone :) Also I've sent you a PM Demon Lord!

Reply #192 Posted: January 21, 2013, 04:00:03 pm

Bernie

The SD1010A also provides distinguished system features to the TFT LCD monitor solution. The first one is plug-and-play, and the second one is cost-effective system solution. To be truly plug-and-display, the SD1010A performs automatic input mode detection and auto phase calibration, so the LCD monitor can ensure that the A/D converters sample clock is precisely synchronized with the input video data, and to preserve the highest image bandwidth for the highest image quality. Furthermore, the SD1010A can generate output video even when the input signal is beyond the specifications or no input signal is fed.
Features

Reply #193 Posted: September 02, 2013, 08:30:08 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Thanks for that Bernie, always a wealth of information.

Reply #194 Posted: September 02, 2013, 08:35:08 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Whoever pass.co.nz on Trademe seems pretty reliable. Here is the feedback I received from them:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Profile.aspx?member=219643

Excellent Trader AAA+++++ Getsome!

Reply #195 Posted: February 04, 2014, 10:24:52 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Whoever pass.co.nz on Trademe seems pretty reliable. Here is the feedback I received from them:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Profile.aspx?member=219643

Excellent Trader AAA+++++ Getsome!

Its KiwiTAZ

Reply #196 Posted: February 05, 2014, 08:15:26 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Thread locked, destickied, and new 2014 thread opened at http://www.getsome.co.nz/index.php?topic=86864.0

Reply #197 Posted: February 05, 2014, 08:23:24 am