Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
DO EEEEET!

Reply #50 Posted: February 16, 2009, 04:44:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: IGimpI;804024
C1 shoppingmall
http://c1com.co.nz/
Pros: always cheap. Good services
Con:RMA a bitch and slow. Poor range on cables

Tastech
http://www.tastech.co.nz/
Reason: Poor service, unreliable stock

Other way around in my experience.

Whenever tastech has been out of stock, so has the rest of the country. So I would hardly blame him.
He doesn't keep stuff in stock (afaik), which is why it fluctuates a (wee) bit. It depends on the levels the supplier has at the time. If he doesn't have it, it usually means everyone else is about to run out as well.
Gives me good service, never bitches and moans when I want to return something, all round good guy.

C1 on the other hand...
Sent me something I didn't want, nor paid for.
They advertised something they didn't have, didn't check with me before sending something else, took a few days before they even sent it, and almost didn't let me send back what they gave me instead. Took fucking forever to RMA and made a huge fuss about it.
Also took fucking forever to get to me in the first place, as they used shitty PBT (even after they actually sent it).
GG 'saturday delivery' that turns up on tuesday.

Remember folks, the general motto of a delivery company should be "tomorrow's freight today".
But in the case of PBT it's "today's frieght tomorrow"... and with fastway it's "tomorrow's freight a week from now".
Keep that in mind when you're ordering something, and don't give a bad review just because your tightarse went for the el-bugeto courier system.

Reply #51 Posted: February 16, 2009, 05:39:36 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Xenolightning;888994
Add to bad list =3

with http://www.silenx.co.nz
Reason: Ordered, was not contacted with any confirmation of payment shipping for 2weeks until I contacted them and supposidly it was a "glitch" in their staff not putting it out to ship.

I have had generally good deals with them, though they can be a little slow when it comes to rectifying problems, which is potentially what you were a party to.

C1, computer lounge, Ascent, Playtech, OCZone and PP all get positive reviews from me. Just bought a graphics card off OCZone and because they didn't have the one I wanted in stock (and it was listed as out of stock on the website) the bloke knocked $50 off the substitute. Not the best price, but a nice gesture which kept my custom. YMMV.

Reply #52 Posted: February 16, 2009, 05:50:01 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Codex;804730
wait a minute

tower junction by any chance...

Yes. I thought all of ICONZ-CHC knew this?

Reply #53 Posted: February 16, 2009, 05:55:14 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
He knows that now

He stalks me frequently

Reply #54 Posted: February 16, 2009, 06:24:58 pm

Offline nzBaron

• Devoted Member
  • nzBaron has no influence.
@ philo - yea (head?) older chinese dude @ playtech gave my brother and I worst pc retail experience ever.

After xlan my bro had a 10 dollar voucher 4 playtech that expired shortly afterwards, we went to redeem it, I was buying a PSU and getting him an xbox controller for his bday. We asked the guy if he knew if they worked well with vista. He basically said no, no, no, you buy it, you cant bring it back. (on the box we found later it had xp/vista compatibility)
and when we presented the voucher he made the biggest yucky face. oh. we no longer making money. controller, low low pricer. rar rar. So i said shit, I dont care, look, forget about the voucher. He goes, oh, no, we have to honour it, *big yucky face* ... spends 5 minutes processing order.

either, grin and bear the 10 dollar loss, or tell me straight up, oh, im sorry, we cant accept that for such a small purchase (150 bucks - ish)

I was feeling angry/uncomfortable/just wanted to pay and get the fuck out of there. If anybody here works at playtech, the older chineseguy that works there is a fucking idiot.

disclaimer, playtech is still my fav pc store

Reply #55 Posted: February 16, 2009, 07:13:12 pm
RIP TBAG

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.

Reply #56 Posted: February 16, 2009, 08:50:47 pm
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards

Codex

Quote from: lowrex;889424
He knows that now

He stalks me frequently

you love it :P

Update

Ifocus

do not buy from them using a credit or debit card, you get charged twice, the second charge is held against you for a few days (up to a week) then released back to you later. Very very stupid idea, which almost cost me my trip to wellington :/

Reply #57 Posted: February 18, 2009, 11:21:44 am

Offline 69shrub69

• Just settled in
  • 69shrub69 has no influence.
avoid URCOMPUTER in chch they don't seem to speak English at all. I walked in off the street they just turn there backs and keep speaking in other language between each other. I stood there waiting for a couple of minutes had a bit of a look around the 2 guys dissapeared out the back and watched me through a window....WIERD. I left soon after and went to Dragonpc who are fine once they get to know you.

Reply #58 Posted: February 18, 2009, 12:50:51 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BaronMan;889456
@ philo - yea (head?) older chinese dude @ playtech gave my brother and I worst pc retail experience ever.

After xlan my bro had a 10 dollar voucher 4 playtech that expired shortly afterwards, we went to redeem it, I was buying a PSU and getting him an xbox controller for his bday. We asked the guy if he knew if they worked well with vista. He basically said no, no, no, you buy it, you cant bring it back. (on the box we found later it had xp/vista compatibility)
and when we presented the voucher he made the biggest yucky face. oh. we no longer making money. controller, low low pricer. rar rar. So i said shit, I dont care, look, forget about the voucher. He goes, oh, no, we have to honour it, *big yucky face* ... spends 5 minutes processing order.

either, grin and bear the 10 dollar loss, or tell me straight up, oh, im sorry, we cant accept that for such a small purchase (150 bucks - ish)

I was feeling angry/uncomfortable/just wanted to pay and get the fuck out of there. If anybody here works at playtech, the older chineseguy that works there is a fucking idiot.

disclaimer, playtech is still my fav pc store

Yea TBH internets orders is pr0, I order in the afternoon, and as if by magic it arrives at work the next morning. <3

Reply #59 Posted: February 18, 2009, 01:01:41 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: 69shrub69;890521
avoid URCOMPUTER in chch they don't seem to speak English at all.

Would have thought that'd be obvious from their signage, lmao.

YOU ARE COMPUTER!

Reply #60 Posted: February 18, 2009, 02:17:46 pm

Codex

ifocus are absolutely fucking USELESS

"The bank requires you to fax them on this number so they can release the money back to me, can you pelase do that"

"Sure"

today, ring the bank, no contact from ifocus

useless fucks

absofuckinglutelyuselessfuckingfucks

:@

Reply #61 Posted: February 19, 2009, 10:02:26 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: philo-sofa;804273
I've found ExtremePC to also be good as long as you're strident about what you want will never deal with Expert Infotech again.

Expert Infotech

When I built my newest PC I ordered parts from different places. EVERYTHING arrived within 4 days except for my power supply which came from einfo. It took me a MONTH of constant email harangue (I'd already gone out and bought a power supply from the PBTech store) to wrangle a refund out of them. And the PBTech power supply ended up being cheaper and higher quality

Awesome places to buy

Pbtech - Dunno about Auckland but the guys (and girls) at Dunedin PBTech know their stuff, are friendly and very very helpful

Computer Lounge - Great too! Constant email updates about the status of my items from when they send it away til when it arrives in Dunedin AND when its been picked up by the courier and is on its way to my house!

PC Pacific - Same as Computer Lounge except it got to my house in three days from Auckland. Sweet

Reply #62 Posted: February 19, 2009, 02:32:24 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Hads

• Just settled in
  • Hads has no influence.
I have used URComputer, found them quite knowledgable on price and performance related stuff, often convincing me that a cheaper item is better than what I was wanting to buy due to X and always seem to have stock.

DragonPC charged my brother $50 to check a faulty motherboard we RMA'd saying that if the supplier sends it back to them that will be what they will charge.  And of course it was found to be faulty due to coming out of the box that way, we didn't see that $50 back.  Though to my brothers discredit he hadn't but the motherboard back in an anti static bag in the box, although if it was found not to be dead because of static damage we should have had the $50 returned to us.

Reply #63 Posted: February 19, 2009, 02:58:33 pm

Codex

I've been into urcomputer, got the cold shoulder when looking at something, never been back since

Sent the mass shitty email to ifocus >:/

Reply #64 Posted: February 19, 2009, 03:14:10 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
computer lounge and playtech

Reply #65 Posted: February 19, 2009, 04:09:28 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Codex, getting an authorisation reversed doesn't require them to fax the bank anything unless the bank is shit. If you explain to them what the go is, they'd probably up your credit limit temporarily.

Reply #66 Posted: February 19, 2009, 05:14:23 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Just got my portable hd from c1shopping mall, was earlier than expected so im happy, although it took them a day to verify my credit card payment (which is instant) and their phone was engaged for about an hour. Also, parts of their website (the parts you want to access after making an order) are "under construction" which is pretty ridiculous, you would expect them to at least have some basic function where you could check your order details.

Still, it was packed great, foam + air bag + fragile stickers etc.

Reply #67 Posted: February 19, 2009, 05:44:19 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
So basically this is a copy of another gpforums thread?

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?s=

(which has more feedback based on more than 1 experience by 1 user)

Reply #68 Posted: February 19, 2009, 10:08:28 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Offline Hads

• Just settled in
  • Hads has no influence.
not everyone reads gpforums, so this thread is still quite useful.

Reply #69 Posted: February 19, 2009, 10:53:40 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;891121

PC Pacific - Same as Computer Lounge except it got to my house in three days from Auckland. Sweet
Hah.  They've long been regarded as bottom of the barrel.  It's nice to hear someone saying something nice about them for a change.  I think a lot of their bad rep simply comes from the fact that they're usually the lowest price on PriceSpy.co.nz, coupled with the old "you get what you pay for" adage.

Reply #70 Posted: February 19, 2009, 11:02:38 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: lt_auty;891433
So basically this is a copy of another gpforums thread?

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?s=

(which has more feedback based on more than 1 experience by 1 user)

gp is one step up from 4Chan) ie the internets toilet in my opinion

1 opinion by 1 person i know is worth 15000 by people o dont know

Reply #71 Posted: February 20, 2009, 01:50:15 am

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
Because reading lowrex/jordy spam everywhere is far much more entertaining here? Not to mention the weekly REP moans and PM's people send me because "you didn't rep me back br4"

Reply #72 Posted: February 20, 2009, 09:10:22 am
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Codex

wtf lol i've never been pm'd for rep, fail

iconz opinion > gp opinion

Reply #73 Posted: February 20, 2009, 10:29:29 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Quote from: lt_auty;891596
Because reading lowrex/jordy spam everywhere is far much more entertaining here? Not to mention the weekly REP moans and PM's people send me because "you didn't rep me back br4"

Yip , still better than gpforums. Although that whole T-Shirt thing was pretty funny.

Reply #74 Posted: February 20, 2009, 10:34:26 am