Topic: Apple unveils iOS7

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
How to see sent emails on Ipad:

1) Close the mail app

This is the first problem, why the fuck are the setting for the mail app, not in the app? Who's fucking idea was this? How is putting the settings for the mail app, somewhere else, more intuitive than putting them, with the app? It's not. It's a stupid design decision and you're wrong if you disagree.

2) Open the settings...app

This is the app for all the settings of all your apps.

3) Click on "mail, contacts and herpes infested morons"

Don't click on the mail app....

4) Click on the icloud account, this will open a new window.

Ok that actually makes sense.

5) Scroll down, and click on advanced, this opens a new window.

There is no scroll bar to let you know you can scroll down, you're suppose to know this intuitively.

6) This window makes little to no sense, check the "notes" button

7) Hit back.

This takes you back to a parent window

8) Hit back

This takes you back to another parents window

9) Hit cancel

The button under the back button has been changed to cancel, undoing all your settings, go back to step 3 except this time skip step 9 and go straight to step 10

10) Press "Save Settings"

the save settings button is on the other side of the screen. Intuitively.

11) Press Save Settings again

12) close the settings app and open the mail app

For some reason your sent emails now show up, even though we checked the "notes" button

And for comparison, here's how to do it on android:

1) Click "sent mail"

Because someone with a brain developed this software and your sent emails are already there.
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:06:24 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #25 Posted: June 12, 2013, 02:03:30 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
What the hell? I have sold my iPad but pretty sure viewing sent emails was the same as on iPhone.

Ie, from inbox click arrow in top left to view all your folders, and click sent mail.

Or are you talking about ios7, which is beta?

Reply #26 Posted: June 12, 2013, 05:40:57 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Wait but how are you on the internets without your ipad

Reply #27 Posted: June 12, 2013, 05:51:18 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1526941
What the hell? I have sold my iPad but pretty sure viewing sent emails was the same as on iPhone.

Ie, from inbox click arrow in top left to view all your folders, and click sent mail.

Or are you talking about ios7, which is beta?

fucked if I know, it was a run of the mill ipad that everybody has.

I looked it up online later that evening, apparently it's set that way as default.

edit: it's not really even just the sent emails mailbox that was the problem, it was the fact all the settings were in one place, which to me seems silly, and even then there was no logic order to it, or where anything was.

and that back button suddenly cancel button thing worked me up too....it's very clunky.

Reply #28 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:10:08 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: PrinceTuiTeka;1526870
A cylinder should improve airflow if nothing else. You dont see any rectangle shaped jet engines.

You don't see many computers trying to compress and ignite an airflow.

Reply #29 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:45:34 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1526970
Now that would be a revolution.

Reply #30 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:51:24 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526902
How to see sent emails on Ipad:
all of the derp

It's kinda like the application settings on windows 8.
I had to think about an analogy for it today, and after a fair few minutes I came up with the start button.

Windows 7: Start->settings opens OS level options (control panel). App level options set in the app.
Windows 8: Start->settings opens OS level options (control panel). App level options are set in Start->settings, but only when the app is in focus.

Oh, how intuitive! I complete the same action, with different results!

The first sign of madness, modern UIs.
Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:55:14 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #31 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:52:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Xenolightning;1526972
Now that would be a revolution.

Quite. You don't see many square things that revolve in square casings.

Reply #32 Posted: June 12, 2013, 10:53:03 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1526968
fucked if I know, it was a run of the mill ipad that everybody has.

I looked it up online later that evening, apparently it's set that way as default.

edit: it's not really even just the sent emails mailbox that was the problem, it was the fact all the settings were in one place, which to me seems silly, and even then there was no logic order to it, or where anything was.

No, it's not http://cperky.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/ipad-tip-how-to-view-sent-emails/

How is that not the most simple way to have it, with all of the settings in the settings app? It makes perfectly sense. Otherwise you have lots of apps by different developers who all have their settings in different places which makes them harder to find.

But haters gonna hate, go for it.

Reply #33 Posted: June 13, 2013, 06:15:50 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
+1 for settings all in one place. Makes it consistent, and less dev work (as each app doesn't need its own settings screen developed)

Reply #34 Posted: June 13, 2013, 09:22:45 am

Offline Spigalau

• Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.Spigalau is a force to reckon with.
Minimalist is in...

Reply #35 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:03:07 am
49 20 63 61 6e 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 20 77 68 65 6e 20 74 68 65 20 61 69 72 20 77 61 73 20 63 6c 65 61 6e 20 61 6e 64 20 73 65 78 20 77 61 73 20 64 69 72 74 79 2e

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Apple better hope like buggery that their new Mac Pro does well, because that's the ONLY innovative thing they've done in a long time. They're no longer creating, instead they're re-hashing.

Reply #36 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:06:42 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spigalau;1526987
Minimalist is in...

[video]

That's awesome, the WP look with the Apple services and apps behind it, win!

Reply #37 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:15:58 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1526970

Agreed. Think you missed the point. Was talking about ease of flow, not thrust.

Reply #38 Posted: June 13, 2013, 10:31:58 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG;1526981
No, it's not http://cperky.wordpress.com/2012/08/29/ipad-tip-how-to-view-sent-emails/

How is that not the most simple way to have it, with all of the settings in the settings app? It makes perfectly sense. Otherwise you have lots of apps by different developers who all have their settings in different places which makes them harder to find.

But haters gonna hate, go for it.

Nope, that all mail button didn't have the sent mail from the icloud account.

That person is wrong.

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1526983
+1 for settings all in one place. Makes it consistent, and less dev work (as each app doesn't need its own settings screen developed)

I see what you mean, but surely they could have included a button in the mail app that takes you straight to all the mail app settings in the settings app?

Having the settings all in one place means you perform n + 4 more actions to change settings because you have to close the current app then open the settings app (can you switch between apps quickly in iOS by holding a button or something?) even then it's still n + 2 more actions.

Reply #39 Posted: June 13, 2013, 11:37:28 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I think the point is you generally only need to change the settings the first time you use the app. After that you just get it out of the way.

Glad they are copying Windows phone. I always preferred the look of Windows phone OS, just not the functionality and lack of apps.

Reply #40 Posted: June 13, 2013, 03:26:42 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1527011
Nope, that all mail button didn't have the sent mail from the icloud account.

That person is wrong.

It's not wrong you, in the mail app you press back once or twice(depending on wether you are in a sub folder of an account or not), tap the iCloud account then tap sent items. Max of 4 taps, sometimes you don't need to tap at all because when relaunching Mail.app it opens the last place you were.

Reply #41 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:31:09 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Don't olwag.

We're above forum bickering over which is the 'best' OS.

Reply #42 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:47:14 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Don't olwag.

Reply #43 Posted: June 14, 2013, 07:47:37 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: BerG;1527125
Don't olwag.

Quote from: BerG;1527124
Don't olwag.

Bullshit.

Bullshit.

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1527122
It's not wrong you, in the mail app you press back once or twice(depending on wether you are in a sub folder of an account or not), tap the iCloud account then tap sent items. Max of 4 taps, sometimes you don't need to tap at all because when relaunching Mail.app it opens the last place you were.

No see that sent items button wasn't there unless you go through the tedious number of steps I listed above, including the stupid surprise cancel button.

Ok. On the ipad I had to do this to, it was not set  by default. I found apple sheep women folk on the internet who wondered why this wasn't set as default.

I don't wonder, I know why.

Reply #44 Posted: June 14, 2013, 08:12:32 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
I have never had to through and enable it, it was always enabled. I checked with someone's else's as well, could also have been enabled in by default in iOS5 and the setting carried over into 6 where normally it is disabled. Who the hell uses Apple's email service anyway?

Reply #45 Posted: June 15, 2013, 07:46:07 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

This TV ad 'Designed by Apple in California' is really starting to piss me off.

Reply #46 Posted: July 15, 2013, 09:03:52 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
In other news I have been using iOS 7 beta 2/3 for a couple weeks now and it has kept me on Apple for just a bit longer. Have a S4 at the same time but still go back to the 4S each day.

Reply #47 Posted: July 15, 2013, 09:05:29 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Apple are driving me insane.Installed itunes on my PC as my son now has an Ipod.Put in apple ID.Tells me wrong password even though I know its right.Change password and write it down so theres no confusion.Log on Pc.No problem.Log on Ipad /ipod- Wrong password.
Should have just given him my cowon.

Reply #48 Posted: July 16, 2013, 07:19:07 am

Quote from: BerG;1528566
This TV ad 'Designed by Apple in California' is really starting to piss me off.

Annoying me as well, all it shows is people being happy.

Reply #49 Posted: July 16, 2013, 08:10:08 am