Topic: Domains and hosting

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
  • Where should I buy my domain?
  • Where should I buy my hosting?
  • How thorough should I be with ensuring that I'm not infringing trademarks and/or copyright when I select a domain?
  • If someone already has a domain I want, but is sitting on it like a little bitch, what can I do? like this bullshit: http://www.zippa.com/ is that whole 123.reg.wotcunt.uk legit?

Please ask more questions if more specific questions will help

Thanks people!

Posted: June 29, 2015, 05:40:10 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
  • Where should I buy my domain?
  • Where should I buy my hosting?
  • How thorough should I be with ensuring that I'm not infringing trademarks and/or copyright when I select a domain?
  • If someone already has a domain I want, but is sitting on it like a little bitch, what can I do? like this bullshit: http://www.zippa.com/ is that whole 123.reg.wotcunt.uk legit?

Please ask more questions if more specific questions will help

Thanks people!

Domains can depend on the type of domain you want. I use iwantmyname for most things, and few with godaddy.

What are you hosting? This will determine what your requirements are.

You can't trademark a domain. You can only trademark the content hosted on a website. You should care about infringing on trademarks.

Squatting is hard to overcome, and not worth the time and effort. Huge multinationals have been known to give up on buying a domain from a squatter.

Reply #1 Posted: June 29, 2015, 06:46:40 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I use domains4less, never had an issue

Reply #2 Posted: June 29, 2015, 07:52:09 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Domains can depend on the type of domain you want. I use iwantmyname for most things, and few with godaddy.

What are you hosting? This will determine what your requirements are.

You can't trademark a domain. You can only trademark the content hosted on a website. You should care about infringing on trademarks.

Squatting is hard to overcome, and not worth the time and effort. Huge multinationals have been known to give up on buying a domain from a squatter.

At this stage it's just a proof of concept, I just want some space to play around in for keeps.

Reply #3 Posted: June 29, 2015, 09:33:17 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K