Topic: Guinness World Record Attempt.

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Quote from: Retardobot;1523171
You need to be firm on your intended cost, stating that it MAYBE between $10,000 and $15,000 doesn't put a lot of confidence in backers.

Do a quick budget write up to get a better figure.

Cheers for advice, I did some quick sums and re-posted it on donation website

Reply #25 Posted: April 12, 2013, 03:08:18 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Flights should only be around $2000, looking at the air nz website.

And I think you should use your Tent in most places, and stay at backpackers. $5000 is far to much for Accommodation. You're not staying in 5 star hotels. $50 a day should be more then enough.

Also, how many hours are you planning on travelling each day?
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:47:50 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #26 Posted: April 12, 2013, 03:43:04 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: nzBert;1522802
Current World Record:

The longest journey on a 50cc scooter was 12,441.29 km (7,730.66 mi) by Claudio Torresan (Italy) who travelled from Shumen, Bulgaria to Almaty, Kazakhstan between 25 May and 25 November 2010.

Countries Claudio travelled to included Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
Source: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/7000/longest-journey-on-a-50cc-scooter

How does this work? between 25 May and 25 November 2010. That's like 6 months.

12,441km over 6 months is only 80km a day! I drive that every day in my car! How can that even be a record?

Reply #27 Posted: April 12, 2013, 03:52:11 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1523204
How does this work? between 25 May and 25 November 2010. That's like 6 months.

12,441km over 6 months is only 80km a day! I drive that every day in my car! How can that even be a record?

Yea, I was abit like What?, its just the same if you drove a car haha.

I will be making sure I do it within like 40 days

Reply #28 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:08:11 pm

Quote from: nzBert;1523205
I will be making sure I do it within like 40 days

That would be pretty awesome.

Reply #29 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:11:49 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
What kind of pussy bitch are you?

If you gonna break a record you have to make it somewhat difficult to achieve, otherwise no one gives a shit. Any muppet can drive 160km a day on a scooter for a month.

Promise to do the entire trip in 5 days. It will decimate your bs accommodation costs. 5 nights in a tent costs free. You don't need to shower for 5 days and can survive on a few packets of scroggin.

Holy shit, that is now a fucking manly sounding record breaking attempt.

Make it more like this and I'll throw you a tenner.

Reply #30 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:21:56 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
And make it a fundraising trip for African children who are starving and dying of malaria and aids.

Lots of people will donate along the way, if you do it naked.

Reply #31 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:24:26 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: BerG;1523208
What kind of pussy $#@! are you?

If you gonna break a record you have to make it somewhat difficult to achieve, otherwise no one gives a $#@!. Any muppet can drive 160km a day on a scooter for a month.

Promise to do the entire trip in 5 days. It will decimate your bs accommodation costs. 5 nights in a tent costs free. You don't need to shower for 5 days and can survive on a few packets of scroggin.

Holy $#@!, that is now a $#@!ing manly sounding record breaking attempt.

Make it more like this and I'll throw you a tenner.

I think you might have to work on your maths :D, 160km a day?  I will be doing like 500km a day, I will be doing nearly 15,000km

I think you are reading the other guys record, not mine
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:32:17 pm by nzBert

Reply #32 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:28:10 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: BerG;1523209
And make it a fundraising trip for African children who are starving and dying of malaria and aids.

Lots of people will donate along the way, if you do it naked.

I could also do fundraising while im on the road as I visit towns ect

Flights could be $2,000 but I will only be buying a one-way ticket as I have no idea how long I will take.

Living costs I would have no idea about, some places I wouldnt beable to sleep in a tent due to the conditions.
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:34:43 pm by nzBert

Reply #33 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:29:19 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

THEN KILL A CAMEL AND SLEEP INSIDE ITS CARCASS.

Would anyone watch Man VS Wild if we knew Bear was sleeping in a motel eating caviar each night?

Fuck no. It's the struggle we are interested in. THE STRUGGLE.

We watch Man VS Wild so we can watch Bear slaughter that sleep to eat its raw meat. We live to see him wringing elephant shit into his mouth to collect its nutrients. And we are intrigued by how he drinks his own piss to stay alive.

That's what we want from you. We want to watch you drink your own piss.

Because you are so fucked up from dehydration on this god awful trip that you wish you never went on that its the only way you can survive.

Now get back to your notepad and strip this trip down to its core.

No fancy 'food'. No 'motels'. None of this 'flight' business.

Catch a fucking fishing boat and cross the border from Mexico illegally.

Strip this fucker to its core so we really get something interesting to watch.

Reply #34 Posted: April 12, 2013, 04:36:45 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
It's a cool idea dude, but it sounds like we're paying for your totally mean OE in the states?

There was a bunch of Christchurch boys who did Cape Town to London on 2nd hand trail bikes. It's 14,500km. One of them got his license the day before they flew out, they made a film called African Odyssey with a single camera. I don't think they had a GPS? It's hard case.

They budgeted for ~10k each, obviously Africa is a lot more dangerous, and perhaps somewhat cheaper, I think they did the trip in 3 months, they were 22 to 24ish and paid for it themselves....

All of the people I know who have done motorcycle tours of far off interesting places have paid for it out of their own pocket (Mike Hyde did write a book to offset the cost, I'm not sure what side he came out on though, awesome bloke though) He also joined the 2000 mile gang or something, which is this world wide group of people who ride like 2000 miles in a day or something, you should do that too (or as near too given you're on a scooter doing 30mph tops)

While we're asking for money, I need $300 for paint for my race bike, you get to pick the colour.
Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:47:53 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #35 Posted: April 12, 2013, 11:39:40 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: BerG;1523214
THEN KILL A CAMEL AND SLEEP INSIDE ITS CARCASS.

Would anyone watch Man VS Wild if we knew Bear was sleeping in a motel eating caviar each night?

Fuck no. It's the struggle we are interested in. THE STRUGGLE.

We watch Man VS Wild so we can watch Bear slaughter that sleep to eat its raw meat. We live to see him wringing elephant shit into his mouth to collect its nutrients. And we are intrigued by how he drinks his own piss to stay alive.

That's what we want from you. We want to watch you drink your own piss.

Because you are so fucked up from dehydration on this god awful trip that you wish you never went on that its the only way you can survive.

Now get back to your notepad and strip this trip down to its core.

No fancy 'food'. No 'motels'. None of this 'flight' business.

Fucking lol ... that is all

Reply #36 Posted: April 13, 2013, 12:21:52 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

ho fucken raahhh

Reply #37 Posted: April 13, 2013, 12:24:16 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
As much as I respect you for wanting to this, i didn't see your budget...

"$1,000 - Food"
Peanut butter sandwiches and scroggen costs $1000? Really?

$3,000 - Accommodation (Could use tent in some places)
Use a tent all the time, borrow a tent if you don't have one.

$3,000 - Cameras,GPS Device,Backbacks
Follow road signs, buy a map and use the camera on your phone, i'm sure you have a backpack at your house

$3,000 - Scooter (Inc Scooter Trailer)
Buy the cheapest piece of shit you can find for $300 and bring along a toolkit, learn how to fix scooters before you set off.

$2,500 - Flights (Return)
Just looked on AirNZ.co.nz and found return flights for less than 2k, and that was 45 seconds of researching, i'm sure you can find some cheap, midnight flight for $1500.

Just saved you at least 7k
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:24:56 am by camy205

Reply #38 Posted: April 13, 2013, 02:20:00 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Yeah this isn't a bad idea, work your passage on a container ship.

You'll get some first rate life experience, riding a scooter 13,000km after that will be a pinch.

Reply #39 Posted: April 13, 2013, 09:42:03 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

Yeah this isn't a bad idea, work your passage on a container ship.

You'll get some first rate life experience, riding a scooter 13,000km after that will be a pinch.

Reply #40 Posted: April 13, 2013, 09:41:42 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523240
It's a cool idea dude, but it sounds like we're paying for your totally mean OE in the states?

There was a bunch of Christchurch boys who did Cape Town to London on 2nd hand trail bikes. It's 14,500km. One of them got his license the day before they flew out, they made a film called African Odyssey with a single camera. I don't think they had a GPS? It's hard case.

They budgeted for ~10k each, obviously Africa is a lot more dangerous, and perhaps somewhat cheaper, I think they did the trip in 3 months, they were 22 to 24ish and paid for it themselves....

All of the people I know who have done motorcycle tours of far off interesting places have paid for it out of their own pocket (Mike Hyde did write a book to offset the cost, I'm not sure what side he came out on though, awesome bloke though) He also joined the 2000 mile gang or something, which is this world wide group of people who ride like 2000 miles in a day or something, you should do that too (or as near too given you're on a scooter doing 30mph tops)

While we're asking for money, I need $300 for paint for my race bike, you get to pick the colour.

Wow that's a pretty intense mission in Africa, regardless of the donations I will attempt to break the world record, the donations were to help get me there faster and maybe achieve the record before the end of this year and the united states winter rolls round.

As for the budget, I'm bad with those things, the GPS device and cameras I need due to recording all the routes,speed ect as proof for world records that I have done it. I could use a tent most days but there are some places you cant pitch a tent due to safety reasons, I put that at 3k because I didn't know where I would be and not sure what places cost to stay, but they are all approx i mean it could be only 1k.

I'm not going to buy the cheapest scooter due to the thing wont handle it , I don't think the expensive one will too, it is a good idea on how to learn to fix scooters tho, I did ride a 50cc scooter from Wellington to Auckland once and the scooter made it and the scooter already had 10,000k on the clock.

The flights was an estimate as I don't know when I will be doing the record and I'm only booking a one-way trip as I don't know the date I would finish the attempt.

Reply #41 Posted: April 13, 2013, 11:36:42 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: nzBert;1523256
Wow that's a pretty intense mission in Africa, regardless of the donations I will attempt to break the world record, the donations were to help get me there faster and maybe achieve the record before the end of this year and the united states winter rolls round.

As for the budget, I'm bad with those things, the GPS device and cameras I need due to recording all the routes,speed ect as proof for world records that I have done it. I could use a tent most days but there are some places you cant pitch a tent due to safety reasons, I put that at 3k because I didn't know where I would be and not sure what places cost to stay, but they are all approx i mean it could be only 1k.

I'm not going to buy the cheapest scooter due to the thing wont handle it , I don't think the expensive one will too, it is a good idea on how to learn to fix scooters tho, I did ride a 50cc scooter from Wellington to Auckland once and the scooter made it and the scooter already had 10,000k on the clock.

The flights was an estimate as I don't know when I will be doing the record and I'm only booking a one-way trip as I don't know the date I would finish the attempt.

Well good on you then, work hard save up and you'll make it.

You really need to do some more research dude, you have a fairly good idea of a route planned out, you know roughly how far you can make it in a day, so you ought to know roughly where you'll be staying, perhaps you could call them now and enquire about costs and facilities? You might also want to cross reference cities that will have access to spare parts for your scooter and factor that into your scooter decision, though most of your consumables are going to be aftermarket. You're also going to want to know how to jet a carburettor too. also look at the maintenance schedule for the bike and halve it, cause you'll be ringing the thing out all day every day, which can in some cases increase longevity (most wear is done on a cold engine, thus if your engine is never cold it'll never wear - right?)

I've toured in NZ and spent 10 hours in the blistering sun in kaikoura trying to find a chain for a 87 cbr250 on a Sunday. Are you going to buy a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?

Reply #42 Posted: April 13, 2013, 11:53:16 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523258
Well good on you then, work hard save up and you'll make it.

You really need to do some more research dude, you have a fairly good idea of a route planned out, you know roughly how far you can make it in a day, so you ought to know roughly where you'll be staying, perhaps you could call them now and enquire about costs and facilities? You might also want to cross reference cities that will have access to spare parts for your scooter and factor that into your scooter decision, though most of your consumables are going to be aftermarket. You're also going to want to know how to jet a carburettor too. also look at the maintenance schedule for the bike and halve it, cause you'll be ringing the thing out all day every day, which can in some cases increase longevity (most wear is done on a cold engine, thus if your engine is never cold it'll never wear - right?)

I've toured in NZ and spent 10 hours in the blistering sun in kaikoura trying to find a chain for a 87 cbr250 on a Sunday. Are you going to buy a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke?

Cheers for advice, I will be looking into towns that i will make sure I stop in and make arrangements for places for me to stay once I have a date, I was looking at getting a 2 Stroke as its what I have now and find they are good on hills over 4 stroke in saying that   2 strokes engines tend to be fragile and wear out quicker than 4 stroke, I will speak to some moped stores here in Wellington and get some advice from them, i have always owned 2 stroke and the bike I have at the moment has about 25,000km on the clock and is still going. I will also be pulling  trailer and might need the 2 stroke for this

Reply #43 Posted: April 13, 2013, 12:52:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: nzBert;1523267
Cheers for advice, I will be looking into towns that i will make sure I stop in and make arrangements for places for me to stay once I have a date, I was looking at getting a 2 Stroke as its what I have now and find they are good on hills over 4 stroke in saying that   2 strokes engines tend to be fragile and wear out quicker than 4 stroke, I will speak to some moped stores here in Wellington and get some advice from them, i have always owned 2 stroke and the bike I have at the moment has about 25,000km on the clock and is still going.

Reliability of 2 stroke over 4 is an interesting thought exercise , I can't say which way I'd go to be honest.

You've done 25,000km of less than 1 hour a day 5 days a week amirite?

You're going to be doing at least 5 hours a day at full throttle, way out of spec...should be interesting to see how the engine wears...

haha you could go to honda and say "suzuki say your scooter cant do 14,000km straight" then go to suzuki and say "honda say your scooter cant do blah blah" hahaha no dont.

Reply #44 Posted: April 13, 2013, 01:01:57 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523268
Reliability of 2 stroke over 4 is an interesting thought exercise , I can't say which way I'd go to be honest.

You've done 25,000km of less than 1 hour a day 5 days a week amirite?

You're going to be doing at least 5 hours a day at full throttle, way out of spec...should be interesting to see how the engine wears...

haha you could go to honda and say "suzuki say your scooter cant do 14,000km straight" then go to suzuki and say "honda say your scooter cant do blah blah" hahaha no dont.

Yea about right maybe only 40min everyday and 6 days a week, I will make sure I have the funds for stuff I might not beable to fix and at worse maybe another scooter.

Reply #45 Posted: April 13, 2013, 01:07:46 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
I don't think 2-strokes are permitted for use in the US anymore?

Reply #46 Posted: April 13, 2013, 01:48:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
dem emmission standards n shit.

Reply #47 Posted: April 13, 2013, 03:43:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Pitchey;1523270
I don't think 2-strokes are permitted for use in the US anymore?

I hope not hahah, Will check on this

Reply #48 Posted: April 13, 2013, 05:51:25 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
4 stroke would be better for a trailer, there is a thing called torque. (However little a scooter would have)

Reply #49 Posted: April 15, 2013, 08:18:28 am