Topic: Guinness World Record Attempt.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Do it during the summer.

Otherwise you will freeze. Wouldn't want to be suck on a scooter in a snow storm.

Reply #50 Posted: April 15, 2013, 08:37:44 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1523353
Do it during the summer.

Otherwise you will freeze. Wouldn't want to be suck on a scooter in a snow storm.

This is the Plan

Reply #51 Posted: April 15, 2013, 02:19:40 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Updated.
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:02:33 am by nzBert

Reply #52 Posted: April 17, 2013, 02:41:27 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: nzBert;1523526
Map updated to show around where I will be stopping

what sort of days are those?

are they all sealed roads?

surely you can go down further to Miami? be a shame not to, it'll only be an extra day...

looking good though dude!

Reply #53 Posted: April 17, 2013, 10:13:34 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Go to Albuquerque!

Reply #54 Posted: April 17, 2013, 11:02:42 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Are you Maori?

If so, I wouldn't fucking stop anywhere in the South.

EDIT: Actually, if you're dark-skinned.
Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:22:23 am by Retardobot

Reply #55 Posted: April 17, 2013, 11:05:26 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Go to Mexico.

Reply #56 Posted: April 17, 2013, 11:30:19 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
needs a bullet proof vest imho ... and a handgun conceal permit ... only in america

Reply #57 Posted: April 17, 2013, 11:32:52 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523545
what sort of days are those?

are they all sealed roads?

surely you can go down further to Miami? be a shame not to, it'll only be an extra day...

looking good though dude!

Most are about 9hrs days but its only a guided area I would be stopping as I want to go about 10-12hrs a day, most roads are back streets as I cant go on the motorway(highway) over there have not checked if they are sealed, ill check google maps car vision thing haha and see if I can go over all the roads and check it out

Im white lol

Will try go to mexico but prob need a visa

Reply #58 Posted: April 17, 2013, 02:52:20 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: nzBert;1523569
Most are about 9hrs days but its only a guided area I would be stopping as I want to go about 10-12hrs a day, most roads are back streets as I cant go on the motorway(highway) over there have not checked if they are sealed, ill check google maps car vision thing haha and see if I can go over all the roads and check it out

Im white lol

Will try go to mexico but prob need a visa

You can generate a time lapse thinger with google maps? you could literally sit and watch your ride before you go on it!

"Hey I remember this bit from the video!"

Reply #59 Posted: April 17, 2013, 04:01:48 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1523576
You can generate a time lapse thinger with google maps? you could literally sit and watch your ride before you go on it!

"Hey I remember this bit from the video!"

Most of the places im driving don't have Google street view hahha :D

Reply #60 Posted: April 17, 2013, 05:37:54 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Hello GetSome!

Sorry for the long wait on an update been very busy as you will see below!

This will have to be the biggest update due to the location of the record attempt being changed to Australia from the United States.

This is due to trying to keep to a budget and because I was contacted by SYM Scoota Australia who will sponsor my event by giving me a 50cc scooter with Unlimited Servicing/Repairs when needed and even going a far as if my scooter was to break down out in the remote regions he will fly a mechanic to the nearest major city and get them to travel from there to where ever i may be!, but they expect the scooter will hold out and only need basic repairs like tyres, wiring ect.  

The scooter itself will be kitted out with a massive fuel cell that should get me about 350km without needing to fill up aswel as extra storage units to hold some of my gear for the trip also USB sockets will be attached to keep the GPS Navman and GPS Logger powered for the whole event.(Model of scooter TBC)

You will notice the maps on the first page have been updated to show a draft route that will be used for the event that will cover 13,000km of Australia and what townsI will be stopping at along the way.

To do over 13,000km in 30 days I will need to set a goal of about 500km per day it will be hard and grinding but I think I can do it, I will have support for about 2,200km of the journey from the starting point.

Accommodation wise I will be ruffing it most of the time by stopping at camping sites/trailer parks and using a tent and using power facility's to recharge recording equipment. I was told it could be about $20 to use power facility's but maybe I could work something out when I explain the journey I am doing.

So I am pretty stoked with what is going on and with October being locked in for the event I only have a few months to get ready, you may also notice on the front page how much I paid for all the Items im taking, im pretty sure fuel will properly be the biggest cost of the event.

I will be doing this for charity now and will try to raise as much funds though the website and while im traveling over Australia, im in talks with people with a possible website and a charity but has not been confirmed yet.

Most Towns I Will Stop At (30+ Legs Across Australia ( THIS IS NOT FINALIZED)

Karumba, Queensland

Cloncurry, Queensland

Longreach, Queensland

Augathella, Queensland

Bourke, New South Wales

Wilcannia, New South Wales

Peterborough, South Australia

Glendambo, South Australia

Marla, South Australia

Alice Springs, Northern Territory

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory

Daly Waters, Northern Territory

Timber Creek, Northern Territory

Turkey Creek, Warmun

Fitzroy Crossing, Western Australia

Broome, Western Australia

Port Hedland, Western Australia

Newman, Western Australia

Meekatharra, Western Australia

Leinster, Western Australia

Kalgoorlie, Western Australia

Caiguna, Western Australia

Eucla, Western Australia

Ceduna, South Australia

Port Augusta, South Australia

Adelaide Australia

Melbourne Australia

Reply #61 Posted: August 10, 2013, 12:11:47 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Fantastic I like this new plan so much more, you are going to be remote as fuck for the majority of it and the charity aspect is also a great addition.

Reply #62 Posted: August 10, 2013, 12:38:21 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
And this time there is a large probability you will break down and be swiftly surrounded by hungry carnivores.

Like I said last time, WE WANNA SEE YOU DRINK YOUR OWN URINE. And now I think we will.

Well done.

Reply #63 Posted: August 10, 2013, 04:53:39 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Don't swim anywhere except hotel pools!

Reply #64 Posted: August 10, 2013, 08:39:37 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: nzBert;1529757
I was told it could be about $20 to use power facility's but maybe I could work something out when I explain the journey I am doing.

Maybe one of those wee solar trickle chargers?

Also, event sounds amazing. Good on you chief!

Reply #65 Posted: August 10, 2013, 09:04:11 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
You're going to need to budget more than $10 a day for food. Even at home id struggle to spend that little amount.

Are you doing any physical training before this? Sitting on a scooter for that long each day, day after day, would get pretty hard on the body.

Reply #66 Posted: August 10, 2013, 09:33:27 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I've covered a fair bit of Aussie in the last year or so, and met several bikers who are doing your sort of trip for fun.

What parts of Australia are too dangerous to camp in?

We need to warn the locals.

Reply #67 Posted: August 10, 2013, 09:49:01 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
get this and read it, I use to work with Mike, astoundingly friendly guy.

Also hilarious.

http://www.twistingthrottle.com/twisting-throttle-australia.html

Reply #68 Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:12:38 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529774

Also hilarious.

This guy is awesome!, good read aswel

Reply #69 Posted: August 10, 2013, 02:05:24 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529774

Also hilarious.

great vid, that's what it's really like.

Guy must have a cast iron arse.

Almost made me want to go back and do the rest of it. [I'm halfway round, but I've done the interesting {for me} bits]

Reply #70 Posted: August 10, 2013, 04:15:08 pm

I really like this cool idea.

Reply #71 Posted: August 11, 2013, 01:55:47 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Hey guys,

Just a small update, with some help I have manged to get Shell Australia to sponsor us all the oil the scooter will need for the trip (too bad it isnt petrol!) but I am stocked with that as that is one last thing to worry about buying

Reply #72 Posted: August 26, 2013, 02:37:39 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
I am riding from Bluff to Queenstown on a scooter in a fortnights time, will let you know any tips etc I can pick up

Reply #73 Posted: August 26, 2013, 09:01:59 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: nzBert;1530520
Hey guys,

Just a small update, with some help I have manged to get Shell Australia to sponsor us all the oil the scooter will need for the trip (too bad it isnt petrol!) but I am stocked with that as that is one last thing to worry about buying

How much oil do you think it will use? Is it two or four stroke?

If it's a four stroke $20 bucks should do it.

If  the motor is OK it won't use much even if it's a two stroke, if not you won't get far.

Try to learn a little more about what you are trying to do.

http://scooters.findthebest.com/l/102/2011-SYM-MIO-50

500km per day for 30 days?

You've got to be dreaming.
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:02:32 pm by Zarkov

Reply #74 Posted: August 26, 2013, 09:40:12 pm