Topic: Guinness World Record Attempt.

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Quote from: Zarkov;1530565
How much oil do you think it will use? Is it two or four stroke?

If it's a four stroke $20 bucks should do it.

If  the motor is OK it won't use much even if it's a two stroke, if not you won't get far.

Try to learn a little more about what you are trying to do.

http://scooters.findthebest.com/l/102/2011-SYM-MIO-50

500km per day for 30 days?

You've got to be dreaming.

The more sponsorship the better as it will better help not only myself but the charity im doing it for, the oil will cost alot more then $20 but its more about getting sponsors on board and raising money for charity( two stroke bike btw). I dont get what you are trying to say with the links you are posting ? are you saying the bike wont make it? If you are then it will have regular maintenance and major overhauls along the way, as I have already said in previous posts

It really just comes down to how sane can I keep while driving for 11+hrs a day, the scooter is brand new and is being run in at the moment as they are testing it now for how much fuel/oil it will use over a 500km period.

The whole reason the attempt is trying to be done in 30 days is because its never been done before and it could keep people interested being done over a short period
Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:30:18 pm by nzBert

Reply #75 Posted: August 26, 2013, 11:13:57 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: nzBert;1530573
The whole reason the attempt is trying to be done in 30 days is because its never been done before and it could keep people interested being done over a short period

This is true, people have short attention spans

Reply #76 Posted: August 27, 2013, 08:12:40 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
http://scooters.findthebest.com/d/a/SYM

Maybe this link is more useful.

The 4 stroke 50cc has a top speed of nearly 70kph, so your daily average might be possible on one of those..

The two strokes have a TOP speed of 50kph [less in a head wind], flat out average speed would be about 40kph I guess.

A 12 hour day, no breaks should get you about 480 kms.

Already, I think I've done more research into this than you have.

Reply #77 Posted: August 27, 2013, 09:15:23 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Zarkov;1530593

The 4 stroke 50cc has a top speed of nearly 70kph, so your daily average might be possible on one of those..

The two strokes have a TOP speed of 50kph [less in a head wind], flat out average speed would be about 40kph I guess.

Interesting that the 2 strokes are slower top speed, I thought it would have been the other way around?

Reply #78 Posted: August 27, 2013, 09:24:51 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: frankytanky;1530594
Interesting that the 2 strokes are slower top speed, I thought it would have been the other way around?

50cc scooters have blue power valves, you need red ones to go really fast.

Reply #79 Posted: August 27, 2013, 07:55:33 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
  • Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Quote from: Zarkov;1530593

I have a two stroke and it can go 60-70kph, when I get head wind it would go maybe 55 top.

Edit: from what SYM have told me the bike is sitting good at around 55-60kph, so im sure I will hit the 13,000km in 30 days, I have full confidence in there opinion about how the bike handles, when the scooter is getting maintenance that will slow me down (if it breaks down I could get in trouble) but maybe I can tie it in so that it gets done while i sleep xD
Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:23:10 pm by nzBert

Reply #80 Posted: August 27, 2013, 08:46:53 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: nzBert;1530642
I have a two stroke and it can go 60-70kph, when I get head wind it would go maybe 55 top.

Edit: from what SYM have told me the bike is sitting good at around 55-60kph, so im sure I will hit the 13,000km in 30 days, I have full confidence in there opinion about how the bike handles, when the scooter is getting maintenance that will slow me down (if it breaks down I could get in trouble) but maybe I can tie it in so that it gets done while i sleep xD

just cause the bike can do 55-60kph doesn't mean you can average 55-60kph

Reply #81 Posted: August 27, 2013, 11:01:03 pm

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1530657
just cause the bike can do 55-60kph doesn't mean you can average 55-60kph

well by sitting good I ment average speed, i mean even if I was to do as low at 40kph I would still make the 13,000km in 30 days anyway as long as I dont have major problems and stay sane enough :D, in saying this my back and ass is going to be fucked by the end haha
Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:51:27 am by nzBert

Reply #82 Posted: August 28, 2013, 12:46:17 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: nzBert;1530658
my ass is going to be fucked by the end haha

Reply #83 Posted: August 28, 2013, 08:35:08 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
^ was thinking the same thing.

Quote from: nzBert;1530658
my back and ass is going to be fucked by the end haha

Is there a Guinness World Record for that yet?

Reply #84 Posted: August 28, 2013, 08:38:14 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
The male scaly cricket Ornebius aperta from Australia can copulate more than 50 times in three to four hours, all with the same female.

Studies reveal that each time a male mates, a bag of sperm is placed on the female which she immediately eats. The sperm is an extremely nutritious food for the female cricket which is why she devours it so eagerly. By comparison, female chimpanzees have been recorded copulating with eight different males in 15 minutes. A lioness in heat has sex once every half an hour for four or five days/nights.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-4000/most-frequent-sex/

Reply #85 Posted: August 28, 2013, 11:45:13 am

Offline Bert

• Game Server Admin
Hahahahaha

Reply #86 Posted: August 28, 2013, 02:20:33 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
So had the scooter challenge in the weekend.... Great times, very funny although I can tell you for sure the novelty of riding a scooter wears off after about 20 mins. You end up stiff and sore after a couple of hours and my back was killing me the next day. This however could be attributed to trying to get into a racers tuck to try slipstream other bikes which is epic fun (especially with 85 scooters).

Here is a vid from the helmet cam

Reply #87 Posted: September 11, 2013, 01:53:20 pm