Topic: 15-85mm EF-S IS

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Has anyone used this lens? It's got pretty favourable reviews as a 'walk-around' in terms of focal length and image quality. It seems to come with all the flash bits sans red ring.

Worth the price?

Posted: July 04, 2013, 10:27:07 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
you could also consider

Tamron AF SP 17-50mm VC f2.8 Di ii           $715.00
Sigma AF17-70mm f2.8-4 DC OS macro               $770.00

Reply #1 Posted: July 04, 2013, 11:26:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
According to the CPS guys upstairs it is a fantastic lens but their opinion may be slightly biased :)

Reply #2 Posted: July 05, 2013, 10:08:47 am

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: Tandoori;1528123
Has anyone used this lens? It's got pretty favourable reviews as a 'walk-around' in terms of focal length and image quality. It seems to come with all the flash bits sans red ring.

Worth the price?

Used for just over a year with my 7D.

Brilliant lens. I sold it and I regret it :(

Reply #4 Posted: July 05, 2013, 12:16:01 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I was thinking it'd be a good idea to pick one up for the interim. Even though I really want to move to a full frame sensor, at this point in time I only really have a grand to spend on frivolous pursuits like Photography.  I currently rock an 18-55mm kit lens, an awful 70-300mm [terrible lens; I got it cheap] and a nifty fifty (awsome but not wide enough on the 1.6). I also considered a 24-105 and a 17-40 (good glass that will last me into the full-frame watershed. The 15-85 offers some balance between quality and budget as well as usability - should be able to sell it for 500 later on if need be?
Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:35:59 pm by Tandoori

Reply #5 Posted: July 05, 2013, 04:35:22 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
18-200 is the most awesome lens for travel, because carrying more than one lens and swapping while you are out and about sucks. That being said I did my entire last trip with a 16-50mm, which was good, and after using 16-50mm for the past few months, I don't really feel I am missing much from the 100-200mm range. However having just a bit more range on the 16-50 would be good, so 15-85 would be a very useful length.

TL : DR IMO 15-85 is good length.

Reply #6 Posted: July 05, 2013, 06:28:26 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
DxOMark on the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM A: “best performing APS-C zoom”

Reply #7 Posted: July 23, 2013, 12:33:43 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I saw that. You can get it for sony mount too. So want one, but moneys.

Reply #8 Posted: July 23, 2013, 06:48:07 pm