Topic: Homeworld Remastered

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I have this - HW2 runs like a dream and the HiRes graphics gives me a raging hardon

HW1 doesn't start Campaign mode :( but Skirmish works fine

Reply #25 Posted: March 02, 2015, 04:48:23 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I have this - HW2 runs like a dream and the HiRes graphics gives me a raging hardon

HW1 doesn't start Campaign mode :( but Skirmish works fine

Check that both DLC's are ticked, and maybe verify your games files. Have you tried manually updating punkbuster?

Graphics look great, DOF effect when you zoon in on one of the tiny ships, is awesome.

And I like the explosions. Michael Bay would be proud.

Reply #26 Posted: March 03, 2015, 08:37:40 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Finished the HW1 Campaign.

Graphics are great. Gameplay is a bit dated through.

A lot of people say HW1 was the better game, but I disagree. It had a much better story then HW2, but the mission were heavily scripted, after playing through once you knew everything that would happen and it made it too easy.

I found the HW2 gameplay much more dynamic.

Reply #27 Posted: March 09, 2015, 10:50:21 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
^ this,  HW1  - scripted story made good  for one play through after that you could whack it up to extreme difficulty and still win because you knew where everything would be, but made epic story..

HW2 ^ def agree,  they could have got round this in HW1 and somewhat in HW2 by using Diablo2 style procedural random map and placement generation.

Reply #28 Posted: March 09, 2015, 11:46:24 am

Rolled up to the last mission with 6 heavy cruisers, all captured.

What was that Taiidan Emperor? Sorry I can't hear you over the sound my heavy cruisers killing you.

Reply #29 Posted: March 09, 2015, 01:28:46 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Long live the Sajuuk-Khar

Reply #30 Posted: March 09, 2015, 01:36:30 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Makhan says you are all pussies

Reply #31 Posted: March 10, 2015, 11:46:35 am

Homeworld remastered 60% off!!!!! go go go

Reply #32 Posted: June 12, 2015, 06:48:33 am

Homeworld prequel now available for pre-order on steam.

Called Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

http://www.desertsofkharak.com/

Includes Homeworld Remastered for free. If you already own Homeworld Remastered you get a 20% discount instead.
Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 02:24:33 pm by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #33 Posted: December 24, 2015, 02:20:05 pm