Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea, the Hazard deal does seem very close to being done, but why hasn't it been confirmed yet?

Also, haven't heard anything of the Feo rumours, got a source?

Wouldn't be surprised if he does leave though, but I was thinking that him staying depends on if RVP stays.

Arsenal are really good at letting their best players contracts run into the bloody ground, but we sign up players like Djourou, Diaby and Rosicky (before he even hit his good form) ASAP, because everyone knows trophies are won on the injury table.

Reply #2900 Posted: May 29, 2012, 07:29:21 pm

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
  • JuDgE MenTaL has no influence.
Nah, only http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2151294/Theo-Walcott-set-Arsenal-talks-Euro-2012.html which means nothing, for a good while anyway.

Drogs to Real, for me (without wanting to sound ghey) that's a bit like breaking up with a bird who you really liked in the hope that she would f*ck off somewhere far away and then find out she’s back in town and seeing your mate. Terrible news.

Reply #2901 Posted: May 30, 2012, 09:39:03 am
[size=+1]Origin ID - JUDG3-M3NTAL[/size]

www.trench.co.nz
Quote from: leadcollector
“there is very little vegetables I can eat without gagging like a pron

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
  • R3DM@N has no influence.
Arsenal make players but dont keep them, its a known fact.

Good to see Hazard, im sure he will be a much better investment then Torres but then again, those 2 might be a lethal combo. Walcott would be amazing - Chelsea speed and defence.

Malouda, meh. Kalou, go.

Reply #2902 Posted: May 30, 2012, 09:57:24 am

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Totally, we should be building a team around Torres now, but as usual Roman's going around buying big names (not complaining) for his IRL Panini sticker book without installing a manager first. Apparently The Incredible Hulk next.

I would laugh if someone has just setup an Eden Hazard account on Twitter and it's all BS, hmm laugh, no maybe not. As for Hazard, haven't seen that much of him until all the hype. I told my mate about it and he said

I saw his dad Mickey a few times.  Check out the link.  A  game I went to whilst at college.  Swindon had ex-cfc Hoddle,  Hazard and Dave Mitchell ( who scored a hatrick) involved.
This is a game at which I saw more than one Birmingham season tickets ripped up.

haha....his dad...brilliant

Reply #2903 Posted: May 30, 2012, 10:11:32 am

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
Hazard is a cock - decent player though, will be interesting to see how he performs next season.

Chelsea have now gone and bought Hulk - which is a bit of an odd signing if you ask me - considering the money they're apparently paying for him. He's a good player, no doubt, but near $40 million? Fucking hell.

I used to work with a Porto fan in London - so I've seen quite a bit of him (though nothing in the last year), and he's never struck me as really high class. I've even seen him play live on two occasions, and he was fucking terrible both times. He is versatile though, can play on the wings, in the hole, or as the main striker. Still, he'll get his share of goals without setting the world alight. It's the money that fucking blows my mind.

Reply #2904 Posted: June 01, 2012, 03:45:25 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: R3DM@N;1487852
Walcott would be amazing

I live in fucking fear of Walcott leaving and turning into the player that he'll never get the chance to become at Arsenal. He'd fucking destroy Arsenal.

Reply #2905 Posted: June 01, 2012, 03:46:50 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
My exact thoughts, Wandy.

Something which I keep thinking of is to paraphrase Wenger;

Imagine the worst situation - we lose Robin and Theo - you cannot convince people you are ambitious after that.

I really do not see how we can let either of them go, and I've heard that Song only has just over a year left on his contract too?

Reply #2906 Posted: June 01, 2012, 06:49:44 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
They're all essentially in the same boat. Or we are, yeah.

Reply #2907 Posted: June 01, 2012, 08:21:54 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Get some oil money in the Emirates haha its the way its going.

Hulk has been a Chelsea target for years - hes strong, plays a bit like Drogba but more controlled

Reply #2908 Posted: June 02, 2012, 10:18:32 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
If you mean he goes down at a touch, then yes, he plays a bit like Drogba.

Reply #2909 Posted: June 02, 2012, 07:01:48 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
He grew out of that appalling habit

Reply #2910 Posted: June 02, 2012, 11:19:36 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Yeah thank god. Manchester United have taken that on-board this season with Ashley Young and co.

Reply #2911 Posted: June 03, 2012, 11:04:36 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1488449
He grew out of that appalling habit

Haha, he paused for a year, last year. He was at it hard during every single CL game this year not to mention the FA cup. Don't kid yourself.

Reply #2912 Posted: June 05, 2012, 10:07:38 am
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Video evidence or it didnt happen?

Reply #2913 Posted: June 05, 2012, 02:25:28 pm

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Negron please.

Reply #2914 Posted: June 05, 2012, 05:14:02 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Just so we're clear, 'footballing decsion'. Rio Ferdinand isn't good enough, and that's why he's not going to Euro 2012.

Everyone else can shut the fuck up.

Reply #2915 Posted: June 06, 2012, 02:26:25 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline LeadCollector

• Game Server Admin
  • LeadCollector has no influence.
So you are saying it has nothing to do with the fact he is black then?

Reply #2916 Posted: June 06, 2012, 03:25:19 pm

Quote from: Spork;1411842
Your face won\'t make top four!

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
He'd be the oldest member of the squad, no? Or is that Lampard? Woy has already said he's aiming to make this a 'project', hence why he's picked younger dudes in Rio's position. That said, Ferdinand is gotta be better than fucking Martin Kelly, srsly. Jesus.

Reply #2917 Posted: June 07, 2012, 01:17:44 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline JuDgE MenTaL

• Just settled in
Yea I agree but Kelly isn't a replacement for Cahill.

As Martin Samuel so eloquently put it,

Start with the obvious. Martin Kelly is not the replacement for Gary Cahill. Phil Jones is. Right or wrong, it is Jones who is preferred to Rio Ferdinand in Roy Hodgson’s England squad, not Kelly. Let’s go from there.

Jones is the utility defender. Before Saturday, he was first reserve right back, first reserve holding midfield player and fifth-choice centre half, demoted from fourth following Phil Jagielka’s elevation from the stand-by list. Once Cahill was ruled out, Jones returned to his original place in the squad. His status is as it was on May 16.

So Kelly is included in case Jones is required to cover full-back duties, in the event of Glen Johnson’s absence. For Kelly to play, England would have to lose Johnson, John Terry and Joleon Lescott in one match, leaving a back four of Kelly, Jones, Jagielka and Ashley Cole, although the way England’s luck is going it can only be a matter of time before Cole falls down an open manhole, his last despairing act being a frantic grab for a hand-hold that succeeds only in taking Leighton Baines with him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2155062/It-exactly-football-reasons-Rio-Ferdinand-Euro-2012-Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz1x4PBDKNV

Writes good articles that guy.

Reply #2918 Posted: June 07, 2012, 02:17:26 pm

www.trench.co.nz

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
Martin Samuel? Jesus, we have totally different perspectives. Ain't life grand.

Kelly IS a replacement for Cahill - it's just that he's not the *first* replacement for Cahill. The argument is that if you pick Ferdinand, you keep Jones as utility and have more depth as you have better centre-backs available and thus a better squad. Everyone knows Kelly wouldn't be a like for like replacement. It's hard to see how Kelly adds much.

But I do agree with his final point, that sometimes it's not about the best player.

If only Wilshere was fit.
Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:25:23 pm by Wandarah

Reply #2919 Posted: June 08, 2012, 01:23:18 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #2920 Posted: June 08, 2012, 08:02:55 pm

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
Got that right Spork hahah!

Reply #2921 Posted: June 08, 2012, 08:46:53 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
lol indeed. Watch Herbert keep his job.

Edit- less than 12 hours later
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/7070328/Ricki-Herberts-job-in-no-danger-despite-exit
His shit must really smell like daisies.
Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:06:18 am by kilabee

Reply #2922 Posted: June 08, 2012, 08:58:48 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
^^ yeah I don't rate him as a coach tbh

Reply #2923 Posted: June 09, 2012, 10:31:47 am

Offline R3DM@N

• Addicted
All Whites have had their high point with the World Cup.

Reply #2924 Posted: June 09, 2012, 11:02:49 am