Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
PP after the image.

What I do is set up for my stack shots, take all the photos of the stars etc, then using exactly the same settings I put the lens cap on and take a black frame, this is used for noise reduction aka Black Frame Removal. After that I take a shot for the foreground which can be done at different ISO/shutter/F. Then just use a mask in photoshop, to bring your foreground/not stars back to life.

Should I make a little locked thread with tips and trick to photography?

Reply #575 Posted: April 09, 2010, 08:39:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Growler;1097669

Should I make a little locked thread with tips and trick to photography?
yes please

Reply #576 Posted: April 09, 2010, 08:43:14 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Nothing amazing - but here are two photos I took of my most favoritist vinyl ever .. that pretty much never leaves my record player :D

Zombie Ghost Train - Glad Rags and Body Bags

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ss_winterkrieg/zgtfun.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ss_winterkrieg/zgtfun2.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

As you can see I purely suck at photos :P - but meh.. it was fun - only editted the second one.. tried for some warming but I think it turned out pretty lame haha

Only way to learn though eh

Reply #577 Posted: April 09, 2010, 09:32:12 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
That first one is awesome dude :thumb:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Swan145800x600.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Swan203800x600.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Swan201800x600.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Swan199800x600.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

EDIT: Dam resize kills the quailty and focus :(

Reply #578 Posted: April 10, 2010, 12:29:25 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Sunglasses picture of his and hers.  My new sexy Oakleys.

f5.6 iso250, 1/400

[/IMG]

Reply #579 Posted: April 10, 2010, 03:01:10 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Why such a high shutter speed?

I'd do it at like 1", let in heaps of light.

Reply #580 Posted: April 10, 2010, 03:02:30 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
Playing around with light, going to go try some HDR stuff on cherry blossoms now.  Spring...Still not too sure what I like exactly with light.

Reply #581 Posted: April 10, 2010, 03:06:42 pm

Offline swindle

All i know is, if im taking a shot of something that won't move, make it long.

What camera are you using?

Reply #582 Posted: April 10, 2010, 03:08:40 pm

Offline Paralyzed

• Just settled in
  • Paralyzed has no influence.
First try at some HDR's, not sure if I processed them correctly.

Reply #583 Posted: April 12, 2010, 01:20:32 am
The fact is 99% of humanity is made of very good people, but that only 1% is enough to spoil it, causing so much violence that we all pay the price having to defend ourselves. Going to war is one of the most noble things there are but it doesn\'t mean war is good neither stupid.

Offline Mjr.Carnage

• I Posted!
  • Mjr.Carnage has no influence.
Looks more like an exposure stack as apposed to HDR?

Perhaps the source images didn't have enough range differential (one right, one too dark, one too bright). Infact the top one appears as if all 3 were likely too over exposed. Blown out Yellow flowers and sky fringing. I would have expected to see some of those shadows lifted.

Reply #584 Posted: April 12, 2010, 08:59:01 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: .enjoi;1059261
All i know is, if im taking a shot of something that won't move, make it long.

What camera are you using?

No no no!

Ready the Sunny 16 rule in the tips and tricks, use that as your basis for most outdoor daytime photography. I will put some night time, dusk, moonlit tips up this week.

Will also try and put a HDR, stacking, light grafitti tutorial up as well.

Reply #585 Posted: April 12, 2010, 09:10:33 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
Spoilered for Swindles sissy (:D) phobia.

Spoiler :
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/4889/3d2k.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

EDIT: Forgetful Virus forgets instructions!

**INSTRUCTIONS**

* Stare at two pictures
  * Cross your eyes until pictures merge together to form one
  * Profit

NOTE: If you are having trouble try moving further away from the screen or imagine something very far away behind the images.

I may do more another time.

Reply #586 Posted: April 12, 2010, 02:26:57 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
^What?

Here's one from the weekend. 100% shopless.

Not bad for a newb I thought! (especially without a tripod, etc!)

Reply #587 Posted: April 12, 2010, 05:48:29 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
Missing my tripod after wife kidnapped it..Annoying getting shots of organic snow and flowers on a road. Dodging cars. Wanted to make HDR but area too busy. So just snaps.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/nathanielwestcott/blossoms.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll105/nathanielwestcott/road.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

f5.6 1/100 iso200

Reply #588 Posted: April 12, 2010, 05:52:19 pm

Offline swindle

The second shot is cool, just get lower down, give it a bugs prescriptive :)

Reply #589 Posted: April 12, 2010, 10:30:54 pm

Offline Krekor

• Just settled in
  • Krekor has no influence.
Here's a shot I got at the Tauranga airshow, Waitangi weekend:
No work done to it, just liked the way it combined the movement of the rotors with the stillness of everything else
Spoiler :

Reply #590 Posted: April 13, 2010, 10:02:12 pm
s8.Krekor
^42U^Gregor
DMZ|Gregor
NZC_Gregor

Offline swindle

Thats a sick shot man

Love it

Reply #591 Posted: April 14, 2010, 06:06:45 pm

Offline Growler

Christchurch Art Gallery by night.

120 x 30 second exposure stacked for a total of 1 hours exposure time.

The thin wavy blue streaks you can see in the glass are star reflections, shows the pressure and distortion that must be on the glass. Was a difficult shoot due to huge amounts of light pollution. To let enough light in to pickup the stars and retain the details in the gallery itself. Had I not wanted to catch the trails in the glass, I would of shot for the sky for 1 hour then over-layed the gallery detail in a single exposure.

Hope you enjoy :D

Reply #592 Posted: April 16, 2010, 08:38:54 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
Good work on knocking out the yellow brown light pollution there man. The focus on the chopper, and cleanness of the shot above is great too.

Reply #593 Posted: April 16, 2010, 05:10:16 pm

Offline swindle

Growler, are you going to xLan?

Thats a dam awesome shot man...so jealous...

Reply #594 Posted: April 16, 2010, 09:20:32 pm

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6581/napierharbour1680jpg.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #595 Posted: April 17, 2010, 05:00:13 pm
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline c0nc0n

• Just settled in
  • c0nc0n has no influence.
Some random snippets of my flickr collection over the last 9 months. Only been taking photos since July last year..

originals can be found on my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/c0nc0n

Spoiler :

Reply #596 Posted: April 18, 2010, 10:55:30 pm

Project Deep Blue P182 under way

Offline swindle

Nice work :D

Wellington ftw huh?

Reply #597 Posted: April 18, 2010, 11:06:06 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Hey C0nC0n, I was on the same trip, but I took my shots with a macro lens and then layered them.

Reply #598 Posted: April 19, 2010, 09:44:12 am

Offline c0nc0n

• Just settled in
  • c0nc0n has no influence.
LOL. Nice.

Some of those photos were taken in Europe - big school trip (in b4 rich school - Wellington College is a public school).

Reply #599 Posted: April 19, 2010, 02:40:38 pm

Project Deep Blue P182 under way