Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
New coaster arrived in the mail today. Had to laminate it myself though.

Reply #8175 Posted: March 25, 2013, 06:10:10 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Now it's laminated, it can be re-usable toilet paper.

Jesus is literally helping you save the planet.

Reply #8176 Posted: March 25, 2013, 06:18:49 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I know right.

He is just so misinterpreted.

Reply #8177 Posted: March 25, 2013, 06:21:57 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
I was forced by my fundamentalist mother to attend a convention in which Catholics started gay bashing. When the lead speaker said "We do this because we love them." I walked out and caught the train home.

Reply #8178 Posted: April 14, 2013, 08:18:58 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Your mum will think your'e  gay

Reply #8179 Posted: April 14, 2013, 08:52:34 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
No been with a few chicks over the last couple years, you would have to be ignorant to think that. Wait... good point

Reply #8180 Posted: April 14, 2013, 09:06:55 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindle;1521742
New coaster arrived in the mail today. Had to laminate it myself though.

That is an awesome photo of the Pink Floyd - Animals album.

What's going on with the pink and brown dots on the cup?

Reply #8181 Posted: April 24, 2013, 03:51:09 pm

Offline swindle

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524066
That is an awesome photo of the Pink Floyd - Animals album.

What's going on with the pink and brown dots on the cup?

That's my wallet. The Animals album covers one side and it flows into Dark Side.

Its my favourite cup. It holds the best volume of coffee. I care not for the aesthetics of such things.

Reply #8182 Posted: April 25, 2013, 01:18:41 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.

Reply #8183 Posted: April 30, 2013, 01:50:44 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
https://humanism.org.uk/2014/06/18/victory-government-bans-existing-future-academies-free-schools-teaching-creationism-science/
http://www.politics.co.uk/opinion-formers/bha-british-humanist-association/article/government-bans-all-existing-and-future-academies-and-free-s
Government bans all existing and future Academies and Free Schools from teaching creationism as science
June 18th, 2014

The Government has changed the rules to preclude all Academies and Free Schools, both those that already exist and those that will open in the future, from teaching pseudoscientific ideas such as creationism as scientifically valid. The changes have been made through extending an explicit ban to all future Academies and Free Schools, but also by clarifying that it believes the requirement to teach a broad and balanced curriculum means no existing Academies and Free Schools can teach pseudoscience either. The British Humanist Association (BHA) has welcomed the news as representing a significant step towards achieving one of its longstanding policy goals.

Reply #8184 Posted: June 19, 2014, 04:16:59 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline swindle

Good.

Reply #8185 Posted: June 19, 2014, 09:29:14 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

CHECK MATE RELIGIONAZIS!!!

Reply #8186 Posted: July 13, 2014, 05:35:03 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I know that guy.

Reply #8187 Posted: July 13, 2014, 05:57:44 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

These guys are the real deal
Warning: NSFW, features death and partial nudity

Watch it to believe It!! The terrifying Aghori sadhus

Reply #8188 Posted: August 12, 2014, 08:10:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/editors-picks/10436241/Mindfulness-technique-outrages-parents
'Mindfulness' technique outrages parents
EVAN HARDING
Last updated 05:00 29/08/2014

Ads by Google
Brutal Fighting Skillsfightfast.com/Fight_Moves
Fight Moves Federal Agents & The Army Don't Want You To Know
Some Christian parents opposed to a calming technique being taught at a Northern Southland school fear the devil will get inside the children's heads if the practice is introduced.

Riversdale School wants the "mindfulness" technique taught to children at the school. Mindfulness focuses on getting a person's emotions and thoughts in a natural, and calm state and in the present moment.

However, The Southland Times understands some Christian parents outraged at the proposal say mindfulness has Buddhism origins and its practice will allow the devil to get inside the children's heads.

IT OF THE DEVIL!!! THE DEVIL!!!

Reply #8189 Posted: August 30, 2014, 08:46:34 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I want to get inside the devil.

Reply #8190 Posted: September 30, 2014, 11:28:22 am

School just needs to teach Exorcisms. Then they can get the demons back out again. Problem solved.

Reply #8191 Posted: September 30, 2014, 11:41:25 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Going to acupuncture has become a lot like bible study.

Edit : I realise tl:dr, I don't expect anyone to read it, but I can't say this in real life because I'd be viewed as preaching / insensitive.

Although, believe it or not, the way the guy explains what he believes is right makes far more sense than any other religions.

It's largely Karma + reincarnations but applying to all religions. He doesn't believe just one religion is right, but more of, they all cottoned on to the same thing. Dau, The eternal truth / Life's truth / Life's pure self. Apparently we are pure but clouded by things such as our ego and human emotions / sins. So they cultivate dau at the end of the day, basically trying to better themselves. "Could I have been nicer today? Could I have been more giving? Could I control those impure thoughts", They do this until they find Dau (the truth). To find this truth would make you akin to Jesus, or one of the many buddhas,  Where you can teach others and help them find Dau. Once you are 100% good you can transcend from the life cycle of reincarnation, Allowing you to finally go to heaven. If you say, only get 98%, then you go to one of the "little heavens" (that's a rough translation), which I think there are 32 levels of it. The higher the better, and it's basically a "relax here" waiting period until you're reincarnated. Having lived such a good life, you should live another good life, and it's up to you (or your soul) to better yourself again.

For instance

If you gave a lot in one life, when ever you're in need (i.e you're poor), someone will be there to give to you. If you didn't give anything, and were a selfish bastard, then when ever you need help, no one will be there to help you out.

There is also an underworld (English name) filled with many levels for the bad yet not hitler evil. There is a hell beneath that where you repent for your sin until your thrown back into the reincarnation. As well as a ... neutral heaven / plain / void, where if you have exact neutral karma, like those asians you hear about that purely meditate and eat one grain of rice to survive until they die, you go there until you decide to go back into the cycle, So basically this is the place that any atheist who does pure good would go. You leave when you realise there IS a god and that you can help better the world, then you're thrown into the world with no memory of such knowledge, and you roll the dice again on if you're good or bad or not.

And i'm not saying I believe in any of that, but it makes far more sense to me than any other religious stuff I have heard. At least that pushes for people to do good, not just believe in god and go to church on a sunday.

Reply #8192 Posted: September 30, 2014, 05:40:45 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

It's largely Karma + reincarnations but applying to all religions. He doesn't believe just one religion is right, but more of, they all cottoned on to the same thing. Dau, The eternal truth / Life's truth / Life's pure self
He is doing it wrong.

All things have a name
That which has no name is Dao

A clay bowl has a shape and a name
The emptiness of the bowl which gives the bowl its function is Dao

You take care of a dog
The dog's feelings for you is Dao

You live until you die
Yesterday you were Dao
Tomorrow you are Dao
Before you were born you were Dao

Today you are not Dao
If you are Dao today then you are Dao forever

Dao is not right or wrong. Dao just is

Reply #8193 Posted: September 30, 2014, 09:59:26 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.

Reply #8194 Posted: October 14, 2014, 08:43:33 am

Codex

Now it's laminated, it can be re-usable toilet paper.

Jesus is literally helping you save the planet.

Can you imagine the scraping pain from wiping with plastic

Reply #8195 Posted: October 14, 2014, 08:55:21 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

If you're careful, it'd be like wiping the suds of your windscreen after a scrub.

Reply #8196 Posted: October 14, 2014, 10:10:22 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
If you're careful, it'd be like wiping the suds of your windscreen after a scrub.

Three Seashells

Reply #8197 Posted: October 14, 2014, 10:23:39 am

Offline Tiwaking!

If this were not true, I would wish it were a joke.
http://www.oddee.com/item_96597.aspx

Jose: the man with no face

Jose has one of the most extreme facial tumours ever seen in medical history. The 51-year-old, from Portugal, is in danger of being suffocated by it unless he undergoes drastic surgery. Unemployed, he is blind in one eye as a result of the giant weeping growth that has consumed his features; the tumour has taken over his mouth and tongue, ballooning his lips, twisting his gums and breaking his teeth off. The deep, 15cm long growth - which started as a birth mark when he was just 11 - was sparked by abnormalities in his capillaries and veins. It started to get much bigger when he hit 16 and has been expanding ever since. H e recently flew to the UK to discuss the possibility of surgery to remove part of the tumour. But because his mother was a Jehovah's Witness, he refused any surgery because his religion means he can't have blood transfusions. Doctors in London came up with a plan to remove parts of the growth bit by bit - without transfusion.

Reply #8198 Posted: November 10, 2014, 08:36:11 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Reply #8199 Posted: December 22, 2014, 08:07:47 pm