Topic: The Big Bang Theory

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;1517692
And Hogans Heroes is a historically accurate representation of WW2 POW camps.

Neither is The Great Escape

Neither is M*A*S*H

But people love both of them.

Also: Both series contain people actually involved in WWII and the Korean Conflict.

And dont you try to pull that "But Stephen Hawkings was in TBBT it MUST be Good!!"

Stephen Hawkings is NOT the king of Nerds. The King of Nerds is Gary Gygax.

And he is dead. Like intellectual comedy.
Spoiler :
Fact of the Day: German Jew and one of my favourite Actors: Werner Klemperer agreed to play the role of Colonel Klink "only on the condition that Klink would be portrayed as a fool who never succeeded."
Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:29:59 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #125 Posted: February 11, 2013, 09:26:48 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
To back up my Tiwaking brother from another mother.

http://butmyopinionisright.tumblr.com/post/31079561065/the-problem-with-the-big-bang-theory

Hits the nail on the head. Oddly, I think TBBT has gotten much better at not shitting completely on nerds, but Community is still a far more positive show in this sense. The D&D episodes from Community and Freaks & Geeks are great examples of nerd-positive television.

Reply #126 Posted: February 11, 2013, 11:56:25 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1517548

The difference is I know I am right and you seem to think it doesnt matter.
It matters.

Acting like comic book guy when talking about a shitty tv show, doesn't really help the whole nerd stereotype thing.

Reply #127 Posted: February 12, 2013, 12:38:33 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Arnifix;1517738
The D&D episodes from Community

R.I.P Brutalotops. Forever in our hearts

Reply #128 Posted: February 12, 2013, 12:41:23 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Chang is amazing.

Reply #129 Posted: February 12, 2013, 01:26:38 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
CAN'TWAITFORCHANGNESIA.

Reply #130 Posted: February 12, 2013, 05:31:35 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1517741
Acting like comic book guy when talking about a shitty tv show, doesn't really help the whole nerd stereotype thing.

Big Bang Theory is to 'Nerd Stereotype' as .... hmmmm .... Will.I.Am's relevance to Programming

Why is Will.I.Am even in this?
What does Will.I.Am even represent in this?
Who thought Will.I.Am would be a good fit for this?
How did Will.I.Am even get mentioned at all?

In conclusion: Will.I.Am is grossly out of place in this video and proves that The Big Bang Theory is, in the same way, Nerd Blackface.

Reply #131 Posted: March 07, 2013, 01:17:25 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Coding makes me Rage

Almost as much as lazy programmers who write bad code that can't handle functionality that has been around for 15 years

Reply #132 Posted: March 07, 2013, 01:41:00 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1520021
Big Bang Theory is to 'Nerd Stereotype' as .... hmmmm .... Will.I.Am's relevance to Programming

Why is Will.I.Am even in this?
What does Will.I.Am even represent in this?
Who thought Will.I.Am would be a good fit for this?
How did Will.I.Am even get mentioned at all?

In conclusion: Will.I.Am is grossly out of place in this video and proves that The Big Bang Theory is, in the same way, Nerd Blackface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am#Other_activities

When it comes to education, especially in computing, I don't give a fuck who's telling kids to do it, so long as someone is telling kids to do it.

Reply #133 Posted: March 07, 2013, 02:13:37 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520027
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am#Other_activities

When it comes to education, especially in computing, I don't give a fuck who's telling kids to do it, so long as someone is telling kids to do it.

Expanding his forays into iPhone accessory development, will.i.am has announced plans to release a camera enhancer that will "dramatically enhance the clarity and definition of iPhone photographs," by making the 8-megapixel sensor into an effectively 14-megapixel one.

Oh great, hi definition amateur self shot duck faces

Reply #134 Posted: March 07, 2013, 03:10:41 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1520029
Oh great, hi definition amateur self shot duck faces

haha, why do you hate will.i.am so much?

Here's a man, who kids respect, telling them to do something good.

I cant help but wonder what job's'es input into that video would have been like.

Reply #135 Posted: March 07, 2013, 06:44:28 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520045
haha, why do you hate will.i.am so much?

Here's a man, who kids respect

Kids who respect this man are retarded and should be aborted post haste.
I cant help but wonder what job's'es input into that video would have been like.

Reply #136 Posted: March 07, 2013, 08:53:01 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Tiwaking is getting pretty grumpy these days.
But I do sorta agree with him on Will.I.am. It pains me to see him walking around trying to be hip with the technologies when he obviously doesn't have a clue.
That basket-ball dude seemed so much better, make him the spokesman.
Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:35:24 pm by Bell

Reply #137 Posted: March 07, 2013, 09:31:50 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1520058
Kids who respect this man are retarded and should be aborted post haste.

Seriously though wil.i.am is the lesser of two evils, you have to admit, anyone telling kids to get into computer science is better than no one?

If beiber learned to code I'd respe.....nah can't do it.

Plus will.i.am is a really nice guy!

Reply #138 Posted: March 07, 2013, 10:00:00 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1520062

I am attacking everyone and everything that is making the future crappier and more retarded for everyone.
Rappers. Hipsters. Poker. Dubstep: Look out
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520066
Seriously though wil.i.am is the lesser of two evils, you have to admit, anyone telling kids to get into computer science is better than no one?

If beiber learned to code I'd respe.....nah can't do it.

Plus will.i.am is a really nice guy!

Beebz is a million times more respectable than Will.I.Am

Wheeling Will.I.Am out to promote computer programming is like wheeling out Stephen Hawkins to promote Ebonics

Reply #139 Posted: March 07, 2013, 10:34:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1520068
I am attacking everyone and everything that is making the future crappier and more retarded for everyone.
Rappers. Hipsters. Poker. Dubstep: Look out

Beebz is a million times more respectable than Will.I.Am

Wheeling Will.I.Am out to promote computer programming is like wheeling out Stephen Hawkins to promote Ebonics

This conversation can no longer sustain my interests.

I would rather go back to reading lecture notes on controls and signals than continue with this.

so aside from a short stop via the treehouse to have a moan about java I will carry on with block diagrams and finding transfer functions!

Reply #140 Posted: March 07, 2013, 11:07:27 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520071

Quote from: Bell;1520062

I've just noticed that I've been watching a whole lot of Charlie Brooker TV shows lately.
Coincidence? I think not. He's a bad influence I tell you.

Reply #141 Posted: March 07, 2013, 11:32:57 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1520071

After reading a whole bunch of posts from Muslims against Evolution in a Google Plus thread about Ingress, I dont think I want to argue with anyone about anything anymore.

Reply #142 Posted: March 08, 2013, 12:58:25 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Says the guy who titles his post "Kill all the terrorists" when he is talking about Muslims....

Reply #143 Posted: March 08, 2013, 06:04:43 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
So the Big Bang Theory.

This show can no longer sustain my interests.

Reply #144 Posted: March 08, 2013, 08:33:25 am

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Going back to watching black face?

Reply #145 Posted: March 08, 2013, 09:17:53 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Bell;1520092
Going back to watching black face?

Reply #146 Posted: March 08, 2013, 09:56:26 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1520084
So the Big Bang Theory.

This show can no longer sustain my interests.

The Big Bang Theory is to Intellectual Comedy what Adam Sandler Movies are to all Comedy

Death Incarnate

Reply #147 Posted: March 09, 2013, 11:14:35 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Tiwaking!;1520073
I've just noticed that I've been watching a whole lot of Charlie Brooker TV shows lately

Gosh I love Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe wrap ups of the year.

If these had have been invented in 1928 History would have been a whole lot different than it is today.
Hell: I wish these had been invented in 1990 so that people today would have been able to see how despicably culturally corrupt that time really was.

Reply #148 Posted: March 10, 2013, 12:51:30 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.

Probably why I lost interest, not all this other hoo ha!

Reply #149 Posted: April 17, 2013, 08:24:51 am