Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
Race starts in 3 hours.

I signed up to sky sport yesterday 5 mins before qualifying so i could watch :D

Reply #50 Posted: March 16, 2008, 02:35:03 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Baffled;677249
Race starts in 3 hours.

I signed up to sky sport yesterday 5 mins before qualifying so i could watch :D

Yea, I'm currently trying to configure my PC TV card so that I can watch the race from my bedroom instead of on my TV, but the lack of a good antenna shows.

Can't wait!

Reply #51 Posted: March 16, 2008, 02:48:50 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Unfortunately almost all sport isn't about the sport, or entertainment anymore, it's all about the $$$ and F1 is a prime example.

IMO F1 is the pinnacle, and to test drivers and teams should be all around the world, so not only do they have to get the car working seamlessly the same is true about logistics.

Bernie has been great in raising the profile, but now he's going to almost ruin it by taking it away from traditional venues like Australia - sure introdue new world class facilities, but remember where it's come from.

Lastly, COME ON LEWIS..!!!!!

Reply #52 Posted: March 16, 2008, 03:59:17 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I'm recording from now on, if anyone wants it, I will upload the race to Rapidshare or something as soon as it finishes.

Reply #53 Posted: March 16, 2008, 04:17:09 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Cant wait for the start.No traction control should be interesting

Reply #54 Posted: March 16, 2008, 04:55:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: kilabee;677312
Cant wait for the start.No traction control should be interesting

Mm, not too much longer left.

Reply #55 Posted: March 16, 2008, 05:06:49 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Spoiler :
Oh wow look at that Websy lasted half a lap! How surprising!

Reply #56 Posted: March 16, 2008, 05:53:13 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Wow, I'm surprised an ycars finished that race!

Nice and action packed, good work Rosberg, and Heidfeld.

I guess I should congratulate Hamilton aswell, he did win.. But oh well.

Reply #57 Posted: March 16, 2008, 07:26:49 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Really bad luck for kovaleinen and bourdois (sp?), but awesome work lewis! Perfect start to the season. Ferrari look a bit shit so far...

Reply #58 Posted: March 16, 2008, 07:38:41 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Heh, I love live television, I just watched the race again, well skipped through most of it up until Coulthard's crash and when he said hes going to kick a few shades of shit out of massa.

Reply #59 Posted: March 16, 2008, 09:23:48 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;677480
Heh, I love live television, I just watched the race again, well skipped through most of it up until Coulthard's crash and when he said hes going to kick a few shades of shit out of massa.

Haha that was gold, wonder if massa will apologise, what was the reason for massa's retirement? I never heard em say.

Reply #60 Posted: March 16, 2008, 11:26:54 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Baffled;677539
Haha that was gold, wonder if massa will apologise, what was the reason for massa's retirement? I never heard em say.

Nah I missed it on both watches actually. Will go through again and try find it.

Reply #61 Posted: March 17, 2008, 12:25:18 am

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
  • Shasta has no influence.
Quote from: Baffled;677539
what was the reason for massa's retirement?

Stupidity and lack of basic driving skills. And a busted engine.

Reply #62 Posted: March 17, 2008, 12:39:51 am
I\'ll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Baffled;677415
Ferrari look a bit shit so far...

Na, just their drivers. :finger:

Reply #63 Posted: March 17, 2008, 05:59:44 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;677576
Na, just their drivers. :finger:

Raikonnnen drove his ass off in parts of the race but made too many mistakes and his car died... He was so lucky not to clip the wall and get out of the sand pit or stall it.

I read on the f1 site that massa's retirement was just due to engine problems.

Would be cool if the ferraris stayed rubbish and some other teams came through.

Reply #64 Posted: March 17, 2008, 12:15:59 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
You have to remember it was effin hot yesterday, about 40 degrees, and something like 50 degrees on track.

I guess that could quite easily upset a few of the drivers and make it easier for them to crash. Possibly contributed to the whole fact that like 6 or 7 drivers finished the race.

Reply #65 Posted: March 17, 2008, 01:03:46 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Spork;677695
I guess that could quite easily upset a few of the drivers and make it easier for them to crash. Possibly contributed to the whole fact that like 6 or 7 drivers finished the race.

Na, i've said it before - i don't rate Raikonnen or Massa. I remember when Kimi was with Maclaren, he would put in something like 1:34, 1:34, 1:34, 1:38, 1:34 and you'd go wtf? Then when the commentators picked it up they'd find a replay and he would have lost it on some innocuous corner somewhere.

He seems to lose concentration at various points and i don't think that taking traction control off is going to help him at all. Same goes with Massa - allegedly a great talent, but i've never really seen it come through. He got waxed at the start yesterday and spent the rest of the day trying to take as many of the others out that he could. Coulthard's summation said it all.

The only thing that spoilt yesterday for me was that the poison gnome wasn't there to suck it up with the rest of the team.

Reply #66 Posted: March 17, 2008, 03:00:49 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
Massa is, and always will be, shit. He makes HEAPS of mistakes - I will NEVER understand how he got a Ferrari drive after his performance in the little backmarker team he was in - always running into people and walls. He ONLY wins when he has the fastest car AND starts from pole. He's a "qualifying driver" - fast if he's the only person on the track, or at least if no-one is near him. He CAN'T race and overtake to save his life. Coulthard will back be up on this....

Reply #67 Posted: March 17, 2008, 04:19:50 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
GO LEWIS.

Loved the race and was ecstatic Lewis won.

Regarding Massa, I'm actually going to criticise DC on this - Massa was well past where he needed to be, and DC turning in took himself out. I watched the replay a number of occasions and Massa was well past the sidepod which is where the unwritten rule says the overtaking car needs to be for the manoever to be considered a success.

Apart from that I loved Raikonnen (sp??) making all his mistakes - shows how much traction control etc helped him last year really - was especially true when he put his left rear onto the grass - last year he *may* have been able to stop the spin with the computer's help - not this year :rnr:

And Wiliams got on the podium for the first time in AGES. Historically I'm a Wiliams fan - they were the closest to where i lived just outside Oxford, in fact I used to drive past them on a regular basis in Grove. So that result was very pleasing - not sure how many more they'll get though, it seems like they really need the help of a major manufacturer, but I can't see it now they pretty much all have their own teams. Shame, because they have fantastic facilities and pretty much always produce a great car - just need the engine to go with it.

Reply #68 Posted: March 17, 2008, 05:19:23 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Xt1ncT;677840
Regarding Massa, I'm actually going to criticise DC on this - Massa was well past where he needed to be, and DC turning in took himself out. I watched the replay a number of occasions and Massa was well past the sidepod which is where the unwritten rule says the overtaking car needs to be for the manoever to be considered a success.

When i saw it live i was shouting at the telly and abusing Massa. When i saw the replay, it wasn't as conclusive, but the point for me is that Coulthard had the racing line, Massa was coming in hot - i don't think he would have made the corner (like Raikonnen didn't) if he hadn't bumped Coulthard.

I think he thought that he was able to squeeze through ahead, but there was no way, Coulthard was already committed to that line. I think what really pissed him off was that he didn't take Massa out as well. :heheh:

[video]4civ-oyYYVU[/video]
Fucken Ecclestone! :cussing:

Reply #69 Posted: March 17, 2008, 08:13:06 pm

Offline Quasikomodo

• Just settled in
  • Quasikomodo has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;677972
but the point for me is that Coulthard had the racing line, Massa was coming in hot - i don't think he would have made the corner (like Raikonnen didn't) if he hadn't bumped Coulthard.

Big pile of BS IMO

Massa was definitely not going in too hot, he had the corner and Coulthard fucked up!!

Hamilton drove a near perfect weekend. He deserved to win.
Ferrari had a 'mare, but their car is fast and its only the first race of a long season!!

Raikonnen a crap driver!? Yeah, right!!

Reply #70 Posted: March 17, 2008, 11:44:59 pm
a cpu, a motherboard, some ram, a gfx card, an optical drive (or 2), a hdd (or 4) and a psu... all in an aluminium case (oops, actually changed to a steel case now!!)

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;677972
When i saw it live i was shouting at the telly and abusing Massa. When i saw the replay, it wasn't as conclusive, but the point for me is that Coulthard had the racing line, Massa was coming in hot - i don't think he would have made the corner (like Raikonnen didn't) if he hadn't bumped Coulthard.

I think he thought that he was able to squeeze through ahead, but there was no way, Coulthard was already committed to that line. I think what really pissed him off was that he didn't take Massa out as well. :heheh:
I know what you mean - at first I thought the same. But on reflection and watching the replay a few times it was clear that Massa had made the pass - now if he couldn't stop in time DC could and should have let him pass and watch as he lost it and ran straight on, then re-passed and waved as he went on his merry way.

Reply #71 Posted: March 18, 2008, 08:05:02 am

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Malaysian GP starts in 3 days! Awesome, I expected a 2 week gap... :D

Reply #72 Posted: March 18, 2008, 12:20:33 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Quasikomodo;678077
Massa was definitely not going in too hot, he had the corner and Coulthard fucked up!!

[video]FE7-kQPWLNc[/video]
Really? Massa has no line, he has no position and he has no rights. If you have a look, he's off the track on the inside as Coulthard does a standard manoevre on the corner.

Quote from: Xt1ncT;678134
I know what you mean - at first I thought the same. But on reflection and watching the replay a few times it was clear that Massa had made the pass

Not from the way i see it on this replay. Like you, i'd only seen the side on camera view up til now, but it seems clear to me that Coulthard has all the rights.

In fact, if you freeze the video at 0:16, you'll see that Massa's wheel is only in line with Coulthard's, even though he's begun his turn in at the corner. Like i said before, i think what pissed DC off so much is that he wanted to take Massa out, which was the most logical end to a crap move by him (Massa).

Reply #73 Posted: March 21, 2008, 08:43:10 am

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
Quote from: TofuEater;679735
[video]FE7-kQPWLNc[/video]
Really? Massa has no line, he has no position and he has no rights. If you have a look, he's off the track on the inside as Coulthard does a standard manoevre on the corner.

Not from the way i see it on this replay. Like you, i'd only seen the side on camera view up til now, but it seems clear to me that Coulthard has all the rights.

In fact, if you freeze the video at 0:16, you'll see that Massa's wheel is only in line with Coulthard's, even though he's begun his turn in at the corner. Like i said before, i think what pissed DC off so much is that he wanted to take Massa out, which was the most logical end to a crap move by him (Massa).

Totally agree. Massa's a crap racer, and this is just another incident that shows it.

Reply #74 Posted: March 21, 2008, 02:16:50 pm