Topic: Conspiracy Theories : You decide.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Stephens;1264944
consider the impact of 2 boeing 747's hurtling into 2 seperate buildings

be enough to bring me down

Except they were not 747's.

But we get your point.

Reply #50 Posted: May 14, 2010, 03:45:50 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I like the fact that i have worked in construction of major industrial/commercial buildings for the past 6 years

You learn a lot

Like, 100 story buildings are built better then many people give them credit for. The towers were steal, the strongest construction material on the planet. A single plane brings it down?

Sif

If you outright believe whats told to you on that incident (regarding offical reports, etc) you've got about as many watts as a broken light bulb, Zarkov.

Reply #51 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:08:45 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindle;1265235
I like the fact that i have worked in construction of major industrial/commercial buildings for the past 6 years

You learn a lot

Like, 100 story buildings are built better then many people give them credit for. The towers were steal, the strongest construction material on the planet. A single plane brings it down?

Sif

If you outright believe whats told to you on that incident (regarding offical reports, etc) you've got about as many watts as a broken light bulb, Zarkov.

Badly spelled hogwash.

Reply #52 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:23:39 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Which bit of information did you learn in the last 6 years about fast moving large aircraft VS tall buildings that makes this thing impossible?

Reply #53 Posted: May 14, 2010, 04:52:13 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: Zarkov;1265243

You learn a lot

Sif

Badly spelled hogwash.

Come on, you can do better then the "i don't have anything to say so ill pick on his english skillz" bullshit

Quote from: Bell;1265256

Which bit of information did you learn in the last 6 years that about fast moving large aircraft VS tall buildings that makes this thing impossible?

I never said impossible

But you learn that something made of steel and concrete weighing in at 1,500,000 tons can't even be touched by something weighing in at 68 tons (and thats MTOW weight)

Kindly explain how some of the strongest steel structures on the planet (that where designed to take a aircraft impact) where brought down something 1/22000 of its own weight?

You're into physics, yes? Thought you would have been interested in questioning it all, instead of throwing on a wool coat and munching away at the grass...

I'm not saying "its was da government omfg cover up!", im just saying something ain't right, something is amiss...

Reply #54 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:07:59 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Like, 100 story buildings are built better then many people give them credit for.

Who isn't giving them credit? i think people realise 100 story buildings are well built, else they would fall down all the time.

Also on how it fell down. Its not like a 1500000 tonne block of steel just sitting there. Its a tall tower. Even at the most basic physics level, of torques, and reaction forces, you should realise its not as simple as comparing the numbers. When you take into account complex loading, stress, crack propagation, and the many many different thing that happen when you get a complex structure, its really not that simple. Especially when you also add the steel changing forms at the high temperatures, as someone mentions before.

Reply #55 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:14:39 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Well it clearly didn't collapse from the momentum of the plane, it collapsed some time later. I would imagine it was the fire weakening the structure so that the top of the building collapsed onto the bottom of the building and caused a bit of a chain reaction.

Reply #56 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:15:12 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline sponge

• Devoted Member
  • sponge has no influence.
I sure hope people didn't expect a massive building like that just to topple over...

Reply #57 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:18:09 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
I'm no engineering expert, but i did watch a program on the History channel yesterday about a suspension bridge over the Ohio River that collapsed completely because of some rust in ONE support beam. This occured randomly after the bridge had been up for forty years - and i'm sure the engineers at the time would have said that was "impossible".

Reply #58 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:21:38 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline swindle

Quote from: toofast;1265270
Like, 100 story buildings are built better then many people give them credit for.

Who isn't giving them credit? i think people realise 100 story buildings are well built, else they would fall down all the time.

Also on how it fell down. Its not like a 1500000 tonne block of steel just sitting there. Its a tall tower. Even at the most basic physics level, of torques, and reaction forces, you should realise its not as simple as comparing the numbers. When you take into account complex loading, stress, crack propagation, and the many many different thing that happen when you get a complex structure, its really not that simple. Especially when you also add the steel changing forms at the high temperatures, as someone mentions before.

I know its not a 1.5 million ton block of steel, but its still a 1.5 million ton structure...

68 tons worth of energy could dissipate into 1.5 million fairly easy, and steel is one hell of a good conductor of heat, which would also dissipate though out the building, meaning although it got hot, much of the heat wouldn't warrant melting point.

I bet my life, that if you flew an even bigger plane, fully fueled, 747 lets say, into the Chrysler Building, it wouldn't fall over.

I'd place anything on that bet.

Btw, i always found this a bit of a sticking point...

Thermate ftw

Tofu - Bridges and buildings ~ apples and oranges?

Reply #59 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:24:12 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: swindle;1265279

68 tons worth of energy could dissipate into 1.5 million fairly easy,
Btw, i always found this a bit of a sticking point...

Thermate ftw

But it wasn't 68t. F = m * a. We've already done this maths on the old forum and the numbers work out quite easily. What you have to remember too is the official report said that the lift well structures became unstable due to excessive heating which cause the steel to warp and be unable to hold the inner core, which is why the building came down after an hour or so - the core was so weakened that it couldn't be held up by the exterior supporting structure. It scares me that you might have some involvement in building construction.

Reply #60 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:29:51 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline swindle

I understand the concept, no need to belittle someone.

You know, IF and i say IF the plane had impacted into say... the bottom 10 floors, then i would be soooo much more inclined to believe it was brought down that way.

But there was what, 50, 60 story's of totally untouched, unheated steel structure.

Never mind the fact that, there was 6 story's of steel inside the ground, plus even deeper steel columns, yet they both end up in neat piles on the ground?  

Reply #61 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:35:36 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I always liked this one.

Reply #62 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:46:26 pm

Offline swindle

I'm not saying "its was da government omfg cover up!" ~ I said that in a previous post, or that comic is not so much directed at me, but the thread?

Reply #63 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:48:05 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Wasn't so much directed at you, I just came across it when I was looking something else up.

Personally I don't see the point in learning all about the physics/numbers etc involved, unit I hear a viable alternative theory to what happened.
Ramming 3 planes into 3 buildings and then one plane into a field and creating the evidence trail to back it up only to secretly use explosives at the base of the towers makes absolutely no sense.
And don't get me started on the missile pentagon thing (Oh lets just make 100 people disappear and fire a missile instead of a plane at the pentagon just to mix it up abit!)

Why make it so hard on yourself, it's the worst plan in history.
Even simple plans go wrong having a uber complex one is stupid.

If your plan was to scare the American public into war the buildings falling down part wasn't needed.
You just killed like 400 people by smashing 2 civil aircraft into 2 giant fucking towers in down town New York, you have achieved enough the public is going to be pissed off and scared to fly anyways.

Reply #64 Posted: May 14, 2010, 05:49:55 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: TofuEater;1265278
I'm no engineering expert, but i did watch a program on the History channel yesterday about a suspension bridge over the Ohio River that collapsed completely because of some rust in ONE support beam. This occured randomly after the bridge had been up for forty years - and i'm sure the engineers at the time would have said that was "impossible".

Deja vu, I was just reading about that 10 minutes ago after going from a completely unrelated article. I must be glitching.

Reply #65 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:03:01 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: swindle;1265265

But you learn that something made of steel and concrete weighing in at 1,500,000 tons can't even be touched by something weighing in at 68 tons (and thats MTOW weight)

Kindly explain how some of the strongest steel structures on the planet (that where designed to take a aircraft impact) where brought down something 1/22000 of its own weight?

You're into physics, yes? Thought you would have been interested in questioning it all, instead of throwing on a wool coat and munching away at the grass...

Maybe you should learn something about physics too, like momentum.

And where does this 68 tons come from? The planes weighed a lot more then that.

Reply #66 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:08:18 pm

Offline swindle

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1265322

Did i not mention something about not belittling people, dick.

Maybe you should fucking learn something about steel construction too, like Shear weight.

?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/weight.png
Conspiracy Theories : You decide.

Reply #67 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:36:06 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_767#Design

Try this aircraft type.

This is the one you're talking about isn't it?

Reply #68 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:44:14 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: swindle;1265329

Maybe you should fucking learn something about steel construction too, like Shear weight.
Maybe you should learn something about aeroplanes - they were 757's that flew into the Towers, not 737's. Oh, and it seems like there's a typo in your listing - the 737-100 doesn't have a MAUW of 500t - that's more than a jumbo.

Reply #69 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:51:02 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Yes, Zarkov is right, they were 767's, not 737's.

Reply #70 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:52:49 pm

Offline sponge

• Devoted Member
  • sponge has no influence.
Wow the 737-100 sure has a high max takeoff weight.

Do not trust chart.

Reply #71 Posted: May 14, 2010, 06:55:02 pm

Quote from: sponge;1265359
Wow the 737-100 sure has a high max takeoff weight.

Do not trust chart.

Indeed, a plane that big could knock any building down.

Reply #72 Posted: May 14, 2010, 07:11:47 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: swindle;1265329
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1265322

Did i not mention something about not belittling people, dick.

?

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/weight.png
Conspiracy Theories : You decide.

Hahaha. 737.

Sorry.

But at least you have figured out how to spell steel now.

Reply #73 Posted: May 14, 2010, 07:21:24 pm

Offline swindle

Fuck you guys are pricks

You know that?

So someone thinks that the whole truth aint there, and any little dig you'll take it?

Pretty pathetic, considering you're supposed to be forum models, not forum cuntbags.

Don't be asking for help in the Hardware section, your thread may become accidentally deleted.

Reply #74 Posted: May 14, 2010, 07:40:51 pm