Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

^Lol I do that some nights, except it's usually, try to get an early night, time for work now

Reply #20400 Posted: April 29, 2014, 11:31:33 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i have a cisco 2.4ghz wireless bridge and AP extender sitting in a box at dads.. it came from a factory they were not using it ..

you can set it from 30-40MW  (normal strength wireless) to 1Watt  which should mean about 2km from home you can pick up your wireless..  but you risk your neighbours not being able to connect to theirs since your signal will drown theirs...  and at 1watt it gets warm...

Reply #20401 Posted: April 29, 2014, 11:36:32 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
if chch drank every time we had a disaster or ""ONE IN A 100 YEAR"" weather event we would be drunk all the time...

I thought chch WAS drunk all the time...

Reply #20402 Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:03:35 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
if chch drank every time we had a disaster or ""ONE IN A 100 YEAR"" weather event we would be drunk all the time...

I thought chch WAS drunk all the time...

no thats just Aranui, Hamilton and South Auckland

Reply #20403 Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:23:49 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
more like Merivale & Fendalton.

You want shit vandlaised and broken, the College and Stac boys out drinking will see to it!

Reply #20404 Posted: April 29, 2014, 12:25:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
more like Merivale & Fendalton.

You want shit vandlaised and broken, the College and Stac boys out drinking will see to it!

shit yeah i remember the glass bus stops in fendalton and bryndwr got smashed every weekend.

Reply #20405 Posted: April 29, 2014, 02:19:38 pm

Codex

^Yeah my step dad used to have the contract to fix the bus shelter glass, would get calls at all hours to replace the glass.

Reply #20406 Posted: April 29, 2014, 02:47:33 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
BOOOOOOOOOM

My house just went unconditional too, settles in 48 hours!

Reply #20407 Posted: April 29, 2014, 03:06:23 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
BOOOOOOOOOM

My house just went unconditional too, settles in 48 hours!

zoom zoom

Reply #20408 Posted: April 29, 2014, 05:00:17 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.

Reply #20409 Posted: April 29, 2014, 05:04:28 pm

Codex

^That's what I was looking for hah. Might put one in my rents house

Reply #20410 Posted: April 29, 2014, 05:49:39 pm

Offline Growler

yeah, are they that good?

Reply #20411 Posted: April 29, 2014, 05:55:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
They are very good. The GUI that comes with them is really good (the software).

Back in Palmy we used to use them for business customers / buildings / Student hostels. Few of the guys installed them in their houses and they are amazing.
Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:45:31 pm by CSfaith

Reply #20412 Posted: April 29, 2014, 06:43:23 pm

Offline Growler

well i'll get fritzel in my cupboard 1st then see if I need one.

Reply #20413 Posted: April 29, 2014, 06:44:35 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
zoom zoom

So skim reading right...

If i put the fritzel in the study area [...]

see attached pic!

<house plan>

Oh fucking gawd, first thought pops into head: "how will you study with someone bumping around under your feet all the time?".
So bad :<

Reply #20414 Posted: April 30, 2014, 06:31:43 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Third date movies and dinner last night.. got home about 11:30ish...

Date and dinner at my place again Thursday night, and with she has no intentions of going home after dinner.

I am working a half day from home on Friday so

http://image6.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/109952080/views/1,width=235,height=235,appearanceId=1/I-GOT-DIS-T-Shirts.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Reply #20415 Posted: April 30, 2014, 07:29:07 am

Codex

GL, soldier

Reply #20416 Posted: April 30, 2014, 08:12:07 am

Offline Growler

Oh fucking gawd, first thought pops into head: "how will you study with someone bumping around under your feet all the time?".
So bad :<

Makes it easier to kick them to shut the fuck up!

Reply #20417 Posted: April 30, 2014, 09:14:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Third date movies and dinner last night.. got home about 11:30ish...

Date and dinner at my place again Thursday night, and with she has no intentions of going home after dinner.

I am working a half day from home on Friday so

http://image6.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/109952080/views/1,width=235,height=235,appearanceId=1/I-GOT-DIS-T-Shirts.jpg
Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Suddenly.... STRAP ON!

have fun!

Reply #20418 Posted: April 30, 2014, 09:15:14 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Nice Xsannz!

I've just setup another date with a super qt blonde for Friday.

Also, double happy - new toy may arrive today. Sweet Sony Vaio (13") i5, 8GB RAM, nVidia 640 thanks to Baldy.

So excite!
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:17:28 am by Retardobot

Reply #20419 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:13:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

setup date with a super qt blonde , double happy - new toy may arrive today. 8 Dcell batteries with lots of RAM in my Baldy spot.

So excite!

FIXED

but nice laptop dude.. going to bring it down with you?

I am rocking my Dev and work pc which is Macbook Air Pro with the 650m nvidia chip

Reply #20420 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:34:13 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, it'll be the unit I bring with me. Will be booking tickets later today :)

CSFaith you jewish slut. Sounds great. I'm sure we can get on the gas while I'm busy fragging newbs.

Reply #20421 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:42:34 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
i have a cisco 2.4ghz wireless bridge and AP extender sitting in a box at dads.. it came from a factory they were not using it ..

you can set it from 30-40MW  (normal strength wireless) to 1Watt  which should mean about 2km from home you can pick up your wireless..  but you risk your neighbours not being able to connect to theirs since your signal will drown theirs...  and at 1watt it gets warm...

I think at 30-40 MegaWatt the ISS ought to be able to connect to your wireless.....

Reply #20422 Posted: April 30, 2014, 10:52:02 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Growler

I have all my new toys but I can't set them up until friday/sat!!!

It's like xmas!

Reply #20423 Posted: April 30, 2014, 11:09:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

I think at 30-40 MegaWatt the ISS ought to be able to connect to your wireless.....

no milliwatts not mega..  fuck at mega wats i would be generating enough heat to have a small steam power station in my yard...  id be contending with mercury energy..

Reply #20424 Posted: April 30, 2014, 11:13:34 am