Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

I like it too, and don't mind the start menu at all. Although the nested tiles in a new styled start menu seems really nice to me. I'd assume there'd be an option for either

Reply #20275 Posted: April 24, 2014, 01:30:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I love windows 8

YOU FILTHY WHORE. WHY ARE YOU EVEN SAYING THAT?

YOU'RE SUCH A NEWB COCK WITH SHIT ALL OVER YOUR DICK.

Reply #20276 Posted: April 24, 2014, 01:48:54 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Aaaaaand date with a super cutie on Saturday.

A tiny bit hesitant as she does have a young child, however after many conversations she is actually very smart and responsible.

Reply #20277 Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:21:29 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
From the minute I had windows 8 on my rig it's been a blessing.

7 second startups, straight to desktop with a startmenu. Never used the other thing, aero or whatever it is called

Reply #20278 Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:31:43 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Codex

lol you should see my ultrabook boot, off to desktop in 4 seconds... dual ssd in raid0 o__o

GL rii/admin

Hope she's a babe

Reply #20279 Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:34:01 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Im running 2 diff size SSD and diff brands, wonder if I can fuck around enough to stripe em......

Reply #20280 Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:55:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Rii.... pics of the MILF plox for fap material.

Reply #20281 Posted: April 24, 2014, 02:56:05 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Sorry. I like this girl.

No pics shall be posted.

Reply #20282 Posted: April 24, 2014, 03:11:53 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
That's awesome Rii.

Make sure to tell her you are the admin of this place. It's sure to impress.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:49:15 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #20283 Posted: April 24, 2014, 03:47:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's why she agreed to a date with me in the first place.

Reply #20284 Posted: April 24, 2014, 03:57:20 pm

Offline CSfaith

• Devoted Member
  • CSfaith has no influence.
Herpa derp

Reply #20285 Posted: April 24, 2014, 04:32:32 pm

Codex

sigh

Urgent call logged to me 5 minutes before home time

Guess i'll be at work for a while

Reply #20286 Posted: April 24, 2014, 04:46:23 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:58:48 pm by swindle

Reply #20287 Posted: April 24, 2014, 04:53:06 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
ha, the mistake was creating a start menu in the first place in windows 95.

It is a stupid thing. I was glad to see it gone.

Reply #20288 Posted: April 24, 2014, 05:05:25 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I'm a bachelor who gives zero fucks about things.

Living like this gives me the freedom to do whatever I want at a moments notice, and catching a cheap flight to chch to get on the gas with you lot whilst filling my belly with bacon and various fried meats sounds like a damn good reason to show up for a few days.

do it fgt

Got a couch you can crash on if needed

Reply #20289 Posted: April 24, 2014, 05:23:34 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Woah. Care to elaborate? Seemed to work pretty well for like... a few hundred million people for 20 odd years.

Reply #20290 Posted: April 24, 2014, 06:09:05 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I don't actually use the start menu on Windows 7.

My most used apps are in the quick bar or as desktop icons. Apart from that, I navigate to my files via Explorer.

However, the tiles and accessibility of most things in Windows 8 is an absolute cluster fuck for me, which is why when I used Windows 8, I was trying to fall back on a start button.

So, in short. I wanted a start button in Win 8 because everything else confused the fuck out of me.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:15:07 pm by Retardobot

Reply #20291 Posted: April 24, 2014, 06:13:29 pm

Offline Growler

Boot to desktop in win 8..... problem solved!

Reply #20292 Posted: April 24, 2014, 06:38:40 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline swindle

Boot to desktop in win 8..... problem solved!

Problem? What problem? The "Merto-UI"?

So the metro UI is a problem now?

Just being a jerk, but also kinda trying to make a point :)

Reply #20293 Posted: April 24, 2014, 07:40:29 pm

Offline Growler

I didn't like metro personally, so yeah, that problem for me was easily solved. I still love windows 8, it's a stable & fast OS. I could put the stability on par with OSX though I don't really tax it as hard as I do my mac rigs.

Reply #20294 Posted: April 24, 2014, 07:51:41 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Damn.

Just discovered that my date is a hardcore Christian.

Le sigh.

Reply #20295 Posted: April 24, 2014, 08:17:39 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.

Woah. Care to elaborate? Seemed to work pretty well for like... a few hundred million people for 20 odd years.

Win7 made the start menu pretty redundant with the ability to pin programs to taskbar, and the win key + typing program name functionality. If people still used it heavily, it was largely because they failed to adapt to a more more efficient system. I would even say metro is a natural evolution of the win key + type program functionality, because its much easier to pick your program from the list.

That being said, glad they are bringing back the start menu. They really should of handled it like removing window titles from the taskbar in win7, and just made it default but easy to disable. So that way over time, people would pick it up as they got more comfortable in the system.

Reply #20296 Posted: April 24, 2014, 08:28:12 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Damn.

Just discovered that my date is a hardcore Christian.

Le sigh.

I don't see the problem, just stick it in her butt.

Reply #20297 Posted: April 24, 2014, 09:17:45 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I like to think I'm open minded but I think being a hard and fast follower of the Christian faith is difficult for me to stomach.

Reply #20298 Posted: April 24, 2014, 09:25:29 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I still think this is Growler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc0-wSQd-LQ

Fuck knows how to embed videos anymore.
Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 10:31:46 pm by Retardobot

Reply #20299 Posted: April 24, 2014, 10:29:16 pm