Topic: ***NOTE ABOUT INSURANCE***

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Under 25? Only Club Auto or NAC will take you.

Reply #100 Posted: May 13, 2013, 07:03:15 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Yea under 25. Ended up going with state after i called and they gave me a good price with the mods. The guy mentioned something about nac on the phone, but after listing my mods he seemed happy to do the policy at $54 a month. Was able to explain the mods are fairly low key, and near impossible to steal (other than the wheels which i dont know why anyone would steal other than for tires), and that they all came with the car (which he seemed to put some emphasis on, so prehaps they are less interested in people actively modding their car). Fairly happy i guess, since my previous car had modifications (including certed suspension), and ended up getting quoted at $140 something (and ended up just going third party since the car was only worth 3.5k).

Reply #101 Posted: May 13, 2013, 07:54:10 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
State are a pack of wankers.

They would insure me on a 107hp race bike with headlights, but wouldn't insure me for a 105hp 1989 mx5 because it was considered a high performance car

Reply #102 Posted: May 13, 2013, 08:16:08 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
All you guys should get over 25 already.

It's awesome.

Reply #103 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:20:29 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Its awesome until you realise you're almost 30. 1/3 of the way through your existence. You are no longer a youngen. You have a career, and a long term girlfriend. You still dont own a home. Why did you waste all that money on cars and computers? Why didn't you save your money so you would now have a huge deposit for a house and have a bunch of schmucks living in it paying it off for you? Why didn't you keep going to those Tae Kwon Doe lessons as a child? You would have had a black belt by 12. Why didn't you leave school and travel the world, living on whatever shit paying job you could find? Its too late now.

But worst of all...why didn't you have sex with Sally? It was there for the taking.

If only we could go back.

Reply #104 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:35:21 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1525249

I'm working on that. I just need to acquire enough plutonium.

Reply #105 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:52:30 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Its awesome until you realise you're almost 30. 1/3 of the way through your existence. You are no longer a youngen. You have a career, and a long term girlfriend. You still dont own a home. Why did you waste all that money on cars and computers? Why didn't you save your money so you would now have a huge deposit for a house and have a bunch of schmucks living in it paying it off for you? Why didn't you keep going to those Tae Kwon Doe lessons as a child? You would have had a black belt by 12. Why didn't you leave school and travel the world, living on whatever shit paying job you could find? Its too late now.

But worst of all...why didn't you have sex with Sally? It was there for the taking.

*owned home at 25*, *has travelled around*, *didn't want sex with sally*
oh, and inb4.. *doesn't have rich parents*

Reply #106 Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:04:06 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.

THIS MAN SPEAKITH THE TRUTH      *off for a cry

Reply #107 Posted: May 14, 2013, 10:28:57 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: Craigorsarus;1525252
*didn't want sex with sally*

Sex with Sam?

Reply #108 Posted: May 14, 2013, 12:16:01 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1525248
All you guys should get over 25 already.

It's awesome.

yeah I am 25 now so it's a moot point, but they're still cunts.

Also having a plan.

I was yarning with some of the dudes in my class the other week, a dude asked what our plans were when we left uni, the 20-22's were all "ohh...yeah....no plans yet aye.....maybe travel....I dunno really" I said "Get a job at fisher and paykel, 3 to 5 years there then get into the automotive industry in japan, uk/europe or maybe america" with total conviction.

Reply #109 Posted: May 14, 2013, 01:52:16 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1525259
"Get a job at fisher and paykel, 3 to 5 years there then get into the automotive industry in japan, uk/europe or maybe america" with total conviction.

Don't get a job at fisher and paykel.

Reply #110 Posted: May 14, 2013, 06:58:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: toofast;1525276
Don't get a job at fisher and paykel.

as a controls engineer? why not?

Reply #111 Posted: May 14, 2013, 07:49:24 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
You still dont own a home.

Well luckily since you don't have a house (aka a giant financial anchor) you can up and run at any point, save every penny for a few months quit your job and fuck off around the world for a year or 2. You will soon forget about Sally once you start mingling with the locals.
Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 08:23:07 pm by Bell

Reply #112 Posted: May 14, 2013, 08:16:03 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1525281
as a controls engineer? why not?
well i guess it depends on whether its healthcare or appliances. Was referring to healthcare.

Reply #113 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:18:27 pm

Quote from: Bell;1525282
Well luckily since you don't have a house

How is he lucky he doesn't own something worth hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Reply #114 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:31:53 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1525285
How is he lucky he doesn't own something worth hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Because most NZ home owners (especially young ones) have the title to a house and are hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and are paying thousands of dollars of interest every year.
Sure you can rent out to get some flexibility but then you then need to always worry about the tenants moving out (if you stop getting rent for a couple of months you are fucked) or fucking over the house, have to worry about the rental market, have to worry about house prices, have to pay for maintenance and buying insurance.

I feel it puts many people into a mindset where they can't take any risks because "I have a mortgage to worry about", can make for a pretty boring late 20s and early 30's IMO.
Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:10:06 pm by Bell

Reply #115 Posted: May 14, 2013, 09:40:59 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;1525286
Because most NZ home owners (especially young ones) have the title to a house and are hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and are paying thousands of dollars of interest every year.
Sure you can rent out to get some flexibility but then you then need to always worry about the tenants moving out (if you stop getting rent for a couple of months you are fucked) or fucking over the house, have to worry about the rental market, have to worry about house prices, have to pay for maintenance and buying insurance.

I feel it puts many people into a mindset where they can't take any risks because "I have a mortgage to worry about", can make for a pretty boring late 20s and early 30's IMO.

property management company?

note: I know fuck all about how the property management company-property owner thing works.

Quote from: toofast;1525284
well i guess it depends on whether its healthcare or appliances. Was referring to healthcare.

I'm 50/50 on appliances vs healthcare. I just see F&P as a means to an end.
Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:09:29 am by Bounty Hunter

Reply #116 Posted: May 14, 2013, 11:38:45 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Cleaning appliances
Pros:
Doesn't complain when you need something cleaned.
Cons:
Can't stick your dick in the whiteware.

Brilliant thing about insurance companies, young people and vechicles on the 'risk' list:
They'll happily take all your money for your overpriced premium, but when it's time to claim, you're a young person in a sports car, it's your fault, no payment.
Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:47:15 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #117 Posted: May 15, 2013, 05:44:25 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Quote from: Pyromanik;1525321
Brilliant thing about insurance companies, young people and vechicles on the 'risk' list:
They'll happily take all your money for your overpriced premium, but when it's time to claim, you're a young person in a sports car, it's your fault, no payment.

Pretty much what i am worried about. That being said, hoping it will just be $50 a month for peace of mind and i never need to claim :>

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1525293
I'm 50/50 on appliances vs healthcare. I just see F&P as a means to an end.

I dont think just aimlessly going to F&P (or even a lot of big companies is a great way to develop your skills). Its definitely worth looking around the smaller companies. Assuming you already have prior skills, you will get a much better chance to showcase them in smaller companies.

Reply #118 Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:58:47 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
Double post back on topic. Got the documents today, and one thing i noticed was they listed the mods as being done after purchase, rather than before. I am wondering whether this is something thats worth chasing up? Is it likely to effect premium or claims etc. Anyone know how they use that criteria (as in more likely to insure people who buy with mods rather than mod themselves etc).

Reply #119 Posted: May 16, 2013, 05:13:20 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Insurance companies will find ANYTHING to get out of paying up when its time. Make sure everything to do with your policy is correct.

Reply #120 Posted: May 16, 2013, 05:36:26 pm