Topic: iOS + Android (and others) MEGATHREAD

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
S3 VS S3 MINI?

smaller?? less features?

Reply #25 Posted: March 01, 2013, 08:46:32 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
Quote from: swindle;1519445
Once you use a 4.5"+ screen, you won't go back.

Ill go back. 4.6" screen is nice but I would like a smaller phone.

Reply #26 Posted: March 01, 2013, 05:37:34 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Well, an update on my N4 order.

Google Play canceled my order because the shipping address (provided by YouShop) I was forced to use as my billing info when putting in my CC (I could not use my NZ address as my billing info when making the order) did not match with the info my "financial institution has on file". Well, at least that's what I believe after given these reasons by Google for the order being canceled.

- Details provided for your credit card do not match those on-file with your financial institution.
- The address information provided was incomplete and could not be verified.
- To block an attempt to purchase more than the maximum allowable devices.

So I have changed my mailing address of my credit card to the same address as the YouShop US address by logging into my BNZ account. Hopefully the order will go through this time. Once it has, I will change my address back to my NZ one.

I went into BNZ to ask if they could do this for me and all I got was "umm, when using your CC online, the company doesn't see what address you have on file so that shouldn't be an issue" to which my response was "yes, but BNZ and most other banks have a verification process that checks that the billing address I use when making the order matches the address I have on file to prevent credit card fraud". The looked sheepish and told me they couldn't do anything :s

If this fails again, I'm going to attempt to make a new Gmail account that has no history of me making purchases on Google Wallet, see if that helps.

Reply #27 Posted: March 03, 2013, 01:05:42 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
I'll sell you one for $699 if all else fails.

Reply #28 Posted: March 03, 2013, 01:12:17 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: .osiRiS;1519639
I'll sell you one for $699 if all else fails.

No thank you. The phone is worth it but I'm not giving someone that much vacuous profit.

It's pathetic that the phone retails for that much when it goes for $299US.

Reply #29 Posted: March 03, 2013, 01:27:10 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
That's at cost + 5% Margin

Reply #30 Posted: March 03, 2013, 01:41:59 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The NZ distributor for this is making some insane bank.

And they're getting away with it because the phone ranks up with the other $700+ handsets.

Either that or LG is pocketing some serious cash after selling to NZ distributors at a massive increase in price.
Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:47:48 pm by Retardobot

Reply #31 Posted: March 03, 2013, 01:44:49 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
It's weird huh, I want to get a product, $29.99 US, but they won't sell to me, I have to use NZ distributor. $100 here. I emailed them asking why it was so much as it seemed like point blank deep fisting to me.

shipping, duty, gst....... BULLSHIT BITCH! Youshop and its $50nz..... fuck you cock sucker! I am all for supporting NZ/local, but not when it is at my huge expense for what seems to be no justification.

Reply #32 Posted: March 03, 2013, 07:38:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's downright offensive is what it is.

Reply #33 Posted: March 03, 2013, 08:10:35 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
It's me, I'm in your purchases, charging you monies.

Reply #34 Posted: March 04, 2013, 09:54:52 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Well, I gave up trying to order one. Google kept cancelling my order because they thought it was fraudulent, and their support is fucking pathetic, just repeating nonsensical bullshit when I asked what the reason was for cancellation. Now the dumb cunts have put my Google Wallet on 'hold'.

I did manage to find someone who had the same issue and as a result managed to convince Google to allow him to use his account to purchase Nexus 4's. I've asked him to order me one _b

Reply #35 Posted: March 07, 2013, 09:39:01 am

Offline Growler

clusterfuck. Take my money google!

NO I DON'T WANT IT LOLOLOL HERP!

Reply #36 Posted: March 07, 2013, 10:07:24 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'll be selling my Huawei Ascend G300 on the cheap if you want it Growler (when I get my Nexus 4).

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g300-4594.php

The GPS isn't always so great but I've used it to use Google's new turn by turn navigation thing (in beta) before without any hitches.

Also, it's not 4GB internal memory, it's like 1 or 2, but has a slot for MicroSD.

Reply #37 Posted: March 07, 2013, 10:14:23 am

Offline Growler

Thanks Rii, let me do some digging and see if it will do what I need.

Reply #38 Posted: March 07, 2013, 10:18:23 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

your nexus here yet Rii?

And swindle, you placed your order on the $1300 new phone?

Was it all you thought it would be or more just gimmicks and a larger screen?

Reply #39 Posted: March 22, 2013, 08:09:47 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It left the shipping forwarders in the States yesterday. Should be here by the end of next week.

For some reason, forwarders hold on to shipments for close to a week before they release it to the NZ address.

The forwarder used was ship2u.co.nz as the friend importing the phone uses them quite regularly. I would have used YouShop but it turns out they do the same thing, hold on to the shipment for up to a week before notifying it's arrived and then sending it on.

I'm contemplating selling it on for a small profit and picking up an HTC One when it releases. I've loved the look of that phone ever since it was announced, however HTC have lost hteir 'Tier 1' status with manufactures and cannot source components to have the phone made.

Reply #40 Posted: March 22, 2013, 08:49:38 am

Offline Growler

The Huawei P2 looks nice also

Reply #41 Posted: March 22, 2013, 09:46:58 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

After 24 hrs with my Nexus 4 I am thoroughly in love with it. I wasn't too in love with the physical design of it before I got it, but now I can't get enough of it and am keeping it out of its bumper and not putting on a screen protector because the screen is such a pleasure to use. Smooth, glossy and incredibly well waited. I really wanted a 1080p phone but after using the Nexus, I don't regret the 1280 x 768 resolution for one second.

The only gripe I have with it is that the screen isn't as rich as I'd hoped it would be. The colour can appear a bit washed out at times. Once I figure out how to root it (I've unlocked the bootloader) I'm going to run an app that lets me choose a warmer colour gamut so hopefully I can squeeze a little bit of contrast out of it.

+1 one, feels good in the hand.

Reply #42 Posted: April 06, 2013, 08:36:36 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
How much did you end up paying for it (all up including shipping, custom fees (does such thing exist?) etc).

Reply #43 Posted: April 07, 2013, 09:57:45 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I ended up paying $460 for it, but that was including throwing a 20 to the guy who imported it for me.

Bare in mind I got the 8GB. I'm not a gigabyte slut. I wont let apps gather dust on my phone, I'll delete them if I don't use them regularly.

Reply #44 Posted: April 07, 2013, 09:59:58 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Issue with getting an 8 or even 16gb is if you use it for music, you're fucked.

Brother recently went from 64gb ip4s to a 16gb Nexus 4, he has a fuckload of music and when he couldn't fit it all, started streaming. Steaming uses lots of data, so he burnt though that pretty quick too. Size does matter, depending how you use it.

Reply #45 Posted: April 07, 2013, 10:05:54 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Oh. No expandable storage on it. Never knew that. Seems a like a big negative for what seems like a good phone.

Reply #46 Posted: April 07, 2013, 10:11:16 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: mycoolcar;1522766
Issue with getting an 8 or even 16gb is if you use it for music, you're fucked.

Brother recently went from 64gb ip4s to a 16gb Nexus 4, he has a fuckload of music and when he couldn't fit it all, started streaming. Steaming uses lots of data, so he burnt though that pretty quick too. Size does matter, depending how you use it.

Hah. bl for him. I set up playlists based on what I want to listen to. I've never needed shitloads of databits because I don't need to carry my entire music collection with me everywhere I go.

Reply #47 Posted: April 07, 2013, 10:17:56 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I spose this belongs here

http://www.humblebundle.com

9 games for andriod master race

Reply #48 Posted: April 07, 2013, 12:45:42 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

WIN!

Thanks Kayne.

Reply #49 Posted: April 07, 2013, 02:53:14 pm