Topic: Why My Ankle and Ribs Hurt...

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Gear looks awesome man!

How much did that helmet set you back? Or should I say insurance? :P
I'm in need of a new one for when I get my bike on the road, plus I like the look of it haha

Reply #50 Posted: April 04, 2013, 06:54:37 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1522577
Gear looks awesome man!

How much did that helmet set you back? Or should I say insurance? :P
I'm in need of a new one for when I get my bike on the road, plus I like the look of it haha

got it from emoto.. they also list on tardme ... did me a deal $549.00 with two visors...

also spent tonight fitting a GYTR extra thick gel seat to the bike, Black Double Bubble genuine screen, Led sequential tail light, evotech radiator gaurd and tail tidy.

looking at getting some stompgrip sets..

Franky or bounty you use these?  http://powersport.co.nz/yamaha/r1/2009-2012/stompgrip-tank-kit.html
Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 07:07:54 pm by Xsannz

Reply #51 Posted: April 04, 2013, 07:05:13 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1522578

Franky or bounty you use these?  http://powersport.co.nz/yamaha/r1/2009-2012/stompgrip-tank-kit.html

NOOO BUT I SO WANT TO!

I hear they're amazing, but I can never afford

Reply #52 Posted: April 04, 2013, 07:29:37 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1522579
NOOO BUT I SO WANT TO!

I hear they're amazing, but I can never afford

vosidering your helmet price....  89 isnt much..  i am just waiting on the powersports guy to get back to me as they are getting the black versions in soon

Reply #53 Posted: April 04, 2013, 08:23:50 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1522581
vosidering your helmet price....  89 isnt much..  i am just waiting on the powersports guy to get back to me as they are getting the black versions in soon

Needs and wants.

Need a good helmet, want grippy tank stuff

Yesterday I picked up a nice shiny new 180/60-17 metzeler racetec K2 (K2 is the 3rd hardest) gonna fit that tomorrow and get a rear wheel back on the bike.

Reply #54 Posted: April 04, 2013, 09:09:06 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Should have gone with the K1.......

Reply #55 Posted: April 05, 2013, 07:59:32 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Franky....

Need at some point to get rid of the dunlop qualifiers that came std on the r1

What do you recommend?

And I am. Not a fan of bridgestone had some bad experiences.

Reply #56 Posted: April 05, 2013, 09:07:20 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
should have taken off your carbon hugger and other bits before letting insurance cart it away.
Im looking at geting some SMX-5's waterproof. how did you find them for ankle support when you when over. im hesitant as theyre not braced they only have  PU button over the ankle.
considering breaking the bank for some SMX-Plus waterproofs or going something like Dianese or Gaerne GPW aquatechs on the cheap.
Currently have a pair of Falcos but theyre already second hand and getting a bit worn out.

PS bounty, i went on the sneaky, theyre Chinese fairings and a tank cover. Diddnt get the tank resprayed its a plastic shell that goes over it.
il put up a new pic to show you what it looks like with the new bits.

Reply #57 Posted: April 05, 2013, 11:16:10 am
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1522596
Should have gone with the K1.......

Nah, cooler climate now, I was chewing out K1's I'm hoping the K2's will last a bit better

Quote from: Xsannz;1522601
Franky....

Need at some point to get rid of the dunlop qualifiers that came std on the r1

What do you recommend?

And I am. Not a fan of bridgestone had some bad experiences.

Metzeler M5's

Quote from: playerB;1522612

PS bounty, i went on the sneaky, theyre Chinese fairings and a tank cover. Diddnt get the tank resprayed its a plastic shell that goes over it.
il put up a new pic to show you what it looks like with the new bits.

I've never seen that on a 250, a full tank wrap, that's very cool.

Reply #58 Posted: April 05, 2013, 11:37:08 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Boots were fine bike landing on the ankle did me in....

I went for teknic chicane boots now better bracing.

Nice would love photos of that tank cover interesting...

How did you find the fit of the chinese fairings?

I couldn't take stuff off as they were listed on the insurance policy...

And the yard that had it before the insurance got it wouldn't let me take stuff off as I would have wanted the quickshifter and pcv and hugger....

And if I had managed to take them off no doubt the insurance would have argued black and blue and tried to get out of it.

In the end they tripped themselves up and agreed to market value wihich on their own policy was a new bike plus 5k for the listed and named accessories.

So all in all it worked out.. Not perfectly but danm close.

Reply #59 Posted: April 05, 2013, 11:44:17 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
fitment wasnt bad, there was alot of overspray with clearcoat which isnt that much to complain about, but a day of filing down the holes and cleaning it up was a small price to pay.

however the clearcoat coverage is a bit lackluster in some places. I would buy again but not from the company i got these ones from. The place that gets the most rave reviews and seems to hav the best support and guarentee is http://www.ozzymotorcyclefairings.com.au

Reply #60 Posted: April 05, 2013, 08:17:49 pm
sila.

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member

still waiting on the pipe and braided lines.
Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:43:35 pm by playerB

Reply #61 Posted: April 08, 2013, 05:40:36 pm
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1522875

still waiting on the pipe and braided lines.

but you is not allowed a pipe on the new licensing laws!

Reply #62 Posted: April 08, 2013, 08:24:34 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
what nonsense is this bounty?

Reply #63 Posted: April 09, 2013, 08:17:28 am
sila.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Tis the truth

Reply #64 Posted: April 09, 2013, 09:25:08 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
link

Reply #65 Posted: April 09, 2013, 10:06:32 am
sila.

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
http://www.nzta.govt.nz/licence/getting/motorcycles/approved-motorcycles.html

LAMS-approved motorcycles include:

All motorcycles with engine capacities of 250cc and under, except for those on the LAMS-prohibited list above.
Fully electric powered motorcycles with a power-to-weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne and under (this includes all fully electric powered motorcycles registered on New Zealand's Motor Vehicle Register as of 1 June 2012).
All motorcycles manufactured prior to 1960 with an engine capacity of 660cc and under.
The following list of motorcycles with engine capacities between 251cc and 660cc - these motorcycles must be in standard form as produced by the manufacturer. They cannot be modified in any way to increase the power-to-weight ratio.

meh, do it anyway.

Reply #66 Posted: April 09, 2013, 10:22:44 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
its already an aftermarket pipe, i care not for those laws.
Doesnt it mean the bikes over 251cc cannot be modified? seeing as its a 249cc its not applicable anyway.

Reply #67 Posted: April 09, 2013, 11:29:45 am
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1522932
its already an aftermarket pipe, i care not for those laws.
Doesnt it mean the bikes over 251cc cannot be modified? seeing as its a 249cc its not applicable anyway.

good call.

I think it's a stupid law, an aftermarket slip on is going to increase the performance by bugger all, sure you save a few kilo, and sure you might get slightly better flow, but compared to the costs and overall increase in performance it's barely worth it.

Reply #68 Posted: April 09, 2013, 11:37:29 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
im sure i ruin the power to weight ratio anyway.

Reply #69 Posted: April 09, 2013, 11:39:51 am
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1522935
im sure i ruin the power to weight ratio anyway.

exactly, they make an allowance for a 70kg rider (citation needed)

Reply #70 Posted: April 09, 2013, 11:51:17 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
You can submit a bike for lams approval if not on their list...

They use wet weight and power output.

249cc is the engine displacement but the actuall total cc is as registered is what the nzta use ....

But you may find the officer may read between grey lines....

Just make sure the pipe does not have stamped or printed on it ..... FOR RACE USE ONLYM

If it does find a wway to either polish it out or hide it.

As that's all the officer or tester can go off.

Reply #71 Posted: April 09, 2013, 12:30:31 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1522937
You can submit a bike for lams approval if not on their list...

They use wet weight and power output.

249cc is the engine displacement but the actuall total cc is as registered is what the nzta use ....

But you may find the officer may read between grey lines....

Just make sure the pipe does not have stamped or printed on it ..... FOR RACE USE ONLYM

If it does find a wway to either polish it out or hide it.

As that's all the officer or tester can go off.

Only the manufacturer can do that.

Reply #72 Posted: April 09, 2013, 04:19:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1522936
exactly, they make an allowance for a 70kg rider (citation needed)

90 iirc.

***mmm, yep. Same link as above.

Quote from: Xsannz;1522937
As that's all the [...] tester can go off.

Or just sit the test on a different bike.

Also in above link:
All motorcycles with engine capacities of 250cc and under, except for those on the LAMS-prohibited list above.
Basically any motorcycle previously allowed (I'd take that to mean slight & cosmetic modifications are also acceptable).
Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:45:27 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #73 Posted: April 09, 2013, 06:40:14 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1522944
Only the manufacturer can do that.

nope anybody can submit.....

we have been doing submissions via kiwibiker thread.. see link here.. mate of mine just got a bike certified for lams on their list...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/157773-Holy-Shit-the-LAMS-list-guys-DO-care!?highlight=lams+approved

Reply #74 Posted: April 09, 2013, 08:48:32 pm