Topic: Can anyone recommend to me a good British comedy series to watch?

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
How could I have forgotten them!

Reply #25 Posted: June 04, 2013, 08:46:22 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
an old series called "lipstick on your collar" was funny and contained loads of nudity :P

Reply #26 Posted: June 05, 2013, 12:26:39 am

Offline Kopfjaeger

• Addicted
  • Kopfjaeger has no influence.
The Kenny Everett Video Show

Reply #27 Posted: June 05, 2013, 04:03:20 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned:

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

Also - Fawlty Towers

Reply #28 Posted: June 07, 2013, 05:04:03 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526593
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned:

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

Also - Fawlty Towers

They shouldn't require mentioning.

Reply #29 Posted: June 07, 2013, 05:56:17 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Yeap, presumed knowledge

Reply #30 Posted: June 07, 2013, 06:10:35 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Presumption is a dangerous thing

Reply #31 Posted: June 08, 2013, 08:29:03 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Fresh Meat is okay if you like that kind of thing. Also The Inbetweeners.

Reply #32 Posted: June 08, 2013, 01:53:17 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1526633
Presumption is a dangerous thing

In certain contexts, not this one.

Reply #33 Posted: June 08, 2013, 06:17:34 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
An Idiot Abroad is quite good too

Reply #34 Posted: June 09, 2013, 06:06:14 pm

Offline Ranger Bob

• Just settled in
  • Ranger Bob has no influence.
A little more modern and probably not considered comedy but i found them pretty hilarious, Misfits and Shameless. i prefer the american Shameless but the british one is pretty much the same and the original

Reply #35 Posted: June 13, 2013, 08:49:53 am

Offline Cowwie

• Just settled in
  • Cowwie has no influence.
Quote from: Cowwie;1526371
The Goodies

Reply #36 Posted: June 24, 2013, 07:19:32 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Try The Thick of It (and the movie, "In The Loop").  It has some of the best swearing in history.
Mind your language!

Mind your language S01Ep01-to-Ep05-Eng-Subtitle
Harry Enfield

Was that really 20 years ago??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Enfield_and_Chums
Man I feel old

Reply #37 Posted: January 25, 2014, 10:29:44 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Given I just rewatched all 3 series of it, I feel the need to include Chef! starring Lenny Henry

Salt - From the BBC show "Chef!"

Reply #38 Posted: January 27, 2014, 11:31:19 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Fairly new comedy worth a mention. Friday Night Dinner.

Reply #39 Posted: January 27, 2014, 02:33:23 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
If you guys havent watched it: Plebs. Definitely recommend!

Reply #40 Posted: February 08, 2014, 08:58:06 am

Offline Benda

• Just settled in
  • Benda has no influence.
All oldies but I enjoyed, 'Allo 'Allo !, Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, Benny Hill, Goodies and Young Ones all go without saying..

Reply #41 Posted: February 08, 2014, 12:23:55 pm

Offline Reaper_Joe

• Devoted Member
  • Reaper_Joe has no influence.
Dad's army and open all hours

Reply #42 Posted: February 18, 2014, 08:00:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
The Goodies
Ecky Thump
On 24 March 1975, Alex Mitchell, a 50-year-old bricklayer from King’s Lynn, England, died laughing while watching the “Kung Fu Kapers” episode of The Goodies, featuring a kilt-clad Scotsman battling a vicious black pudding with his bagpipes. After twenty-five minutes of continuous laughter, Mitchell finally slumped on the sofa and died from heart failure.

His widow later sent The Goodies a letter thanking them for making Mitchell’s final moments of life so pleasant.

Reply #43 Posted: March 28, 2014, 10:47:53 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline PrincessKenny

• I Posted!
  • PrincessKenny has no influence.
Docter Who(as it is a funny british sci-fi)might not be quiet what you were looking for

Reply #44 Posted: May 26, 2014, 07:03:16 pm
YOLO