Topic: Update now, Mantle tomorrow apparently

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
@ Growler

FX6100 @ 3.30GHZ (Stock speed) and 8 gig ram

Reply #25 Posted: February 04, 2014, 09:39:34 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Smilin, the 7850 may not have been profiled yet for mantle.

BUT

it would be worth trying the core thing to make sure of any changes.

So make sure you did a 100% uninstall of your old driver. Best app linked below for it!

DDU http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Then install new 14.1.

then write a line of code into your BF4 prefs/config the number at the end is relevant to your processor, so 4, 6, 8 etc

try this, nothing to lose and everything to gain!

01. Go to >>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4

((NOTE)) If you're running windows 8, go to VIEW > make sure "File Name Extensions" is checked... If your running Win7 go to VIEW > FOLDER OPTIONS > make sure "view File Name Extensions" is checked. If it isn't then you can't change the extension (aka file type) of a file, and it will save it as text.

02. Right-Click inside the window > NEW > Text Document >>> and name it "user.cfg"

03. Ok... open user.cfg in a text editor (I like Edit Pad Pro, but you can use Windows Notepad just fine)

04. Type "Thread.MaxProcessorCount" (no quotes, no space before it)

05. add a space after the command, then type in the number of processors YOU HAVE (or less)

Quad Core = Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Six Core = Thread.MaxProcessorCount 6
Eight Core = Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8
etc...

BONUS!!! - You can also mess around with these settings as well:

Screenshot.Format png
UI.DrawEnable 1
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 0
PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 0
PerfOverlay.Enable 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60.000000
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 1
Render.DrawScreenInfo 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1
WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 1
WorldRender.FxaaEnable 1
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 1
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 1
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1024
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 1

06. SAVE... close... done with user.cfg

07. NEXT... Go to >>> C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

08. Open "PROFSAVE_profile" with Notepad (or Edit Pad Pro... it's awesome)

09. Make a new line anywhere, bottom top, middle, doesn't matter...

10. Copy+Paste the same line you put in user.cfg... "Thread.MaxProcessorCount #" (no quotes, no space before it)

11. SAVE... CLOSE... Right-Click the file > Properties > Check READ ONLY... DONE

REMEMBER THIS: Origin will always ask you to use cloud data or local data after you change the PROFSAVE_profile... always select LOCAL DATA, or your file will be overwritten with whatever the last saved settings were. ;)

ANOTHER BONUS!!! - If you want a better way to change your settings (and more of them) outside of the game, check out the Battlefield 4 Settings Editor [battlefield.realmware.co.uk]. It's got a few more settings (some can easily be changed in user.cfg or PROFSAVE_profile, but it's a neat little program, and it lets you save profiles if you want different settings for maybe Singleplayer and Multiplayer... NOTE: if you do use the settings editor, then DO NOT check READ ONLY in PROFSAVE_profile or the program won't be able to save your settings. This also prevents any chance of accidentally reverting to defaults.

Reply #26 Posted: February 05, 2014, 08:18:45 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline SmiLinSniPeR

• Addicted
  • SmiLinSniPeR has no influence.
Will test this out in the next day or so (kids permitting) cheers for the info Growler :)

Reply #27 Posted: February 08, 2014, 08:34:56 pm