Topic: Pop Quiz. You have $10,000 to buy a car tomorrow, what do you buy?

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
A, 2005~ Commodore?

EDIT: A... 2003~ BMW??
Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:08:09 am by swindle

Posted: March 25, 2014, 12:02:20 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
You buy my 2003 Mazda 6 2.3l Tiptronic Auto

Reply #1 Posted: March 25, 2014, 08:49:00 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Mini.

Reply #2 Posted: March 25, 2014, 08:56:07 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Chery J1.. $9990+ ORC new, with 3 year 100,000km warranty.

Reply #3 Posted: March 25, 2014, 09:10:02 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
You buy my 2003 Mazda 6 2.3l Tiptronic Auto

Ks? Price?

Reply #4 Posted: March 25, 2014, 09:11:45 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
140,000 km
Doesn't have a WoF or a Rego (because I don't drive it as I have a bike) but will pass a Warrant - if you are serious, will get it a warrant and a 3 month Rego - cause I am awesome like that

Price - for you (GetSome Special) $8k pickup is in Gulf Harbour
Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:31:06 am by The Demon Lord

Reply #5 Posted: March 25, 2014, 09:29:20 am

Codex

Subaru Legacy GTB e-tune manual 3rd gen

Reply #6 Posted: March 25, 2014, 09:43:09 am

Offline swindle

Hmmm would rather an auto tbh. Pretty much over a manual car in my old age.

Reply #7 Posted: March 25, 2014, 12:01:22 pm

Codex

I get way too bored driving automatics, would rather not fall asleep at the wheel lol

Reply #8 Posted: March 25, 2014, 12:20:07 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

So buy my Car

Reply #9 Posted: March 25, 2014, 01:42:52 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Chery J1.. $9990+ ORC new, with 3 year 100,000km warranty.

this!

3 year warranty for $10k!

Reply #10 Posted: March 25, 2014, 02:36:18 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Buy some $200 pile of rust and spend the rest on beer.

Reply #11 Posted: March 25, 2014, 08:51:07 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Price - for you (GetSome Special) $8k pickup is in Gulf Harbour

Demon Lord lives on the coast? Why have we never gone for a ride???

Also, this^
Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:22:14 pm by Dr. Acula

Reply #12 Posted: March 25, 2014, 11:20:36 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Speaking of which, if anyone in Welly wants my old dunger you can have it for somewhere around that price (need to confirm scrap value)

1985 Nissan Pulsar, no wof, no reg.. 120,000ish km.. Needs a bit of rust work and looks like shit visually from so many previous rust repairs without a respray (car is literally 50 shades of grey lol)

Not a bad run around for someone with the skills to do the rust.. I've been bodgying it through WOF's for years but decided I was just going to get a new car while I was living down here in chch so it's got to go from Welly.

Reply #13 Posted: March 26, 2014, 07:25:07 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
if you are serious, will get it a warrant and a 3 month Rego - cause I am awesome like that
You mean because it's the law...?

I get way too bored driving automatics, would rather not fall asleep at the wheel lol
Totally this. You're not driving if it's not a manual. Just steering a land boat.

Yes and no.
You an old champion and leave the rest spare for when it needs maintenance. :P
Mini.
Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 08:48:42 am by Pyromanik

Reply #14 Posted: March 26, 2014, 08:45:04 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
if you are serious, will get it a warrant and a 3 month Rego - cause I am awesome like that
You mean because it's the law...?

Well atm, it just sits on my Drive way (not the public road) so its 100% legal.

Reply #15 Posted: March 26, 2014, 08:50:17 am

Offline Pyromanik

Yeh but selling.
Although I'm not too clear on it, because then how would one sell a rollable shell for parts? IDK.

Reply #16 Posted: March 26, 2014, 11:24:29 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Yeh but selling.
Although I'm not too clear on it, because then how would one sell a rollable shell for parts? IDK.

the question is - is it going to be on the road?

so if you took a rollable shell (and hypothetically) drove it home - thats illegal
If you took the same shell, loaded it onto a truck (afterall, its a shell, it can't actually drive) - thats legal

So my Car sitting on my land (not the public road) is perfectly legal

Reply #17 Posted: March 26, 2014, 12:03:21 pm

Codex

It's all in the intent and way you're advertising it

Just like most NZ law, all the intent.

Reply #18 Posted: March 26, 2014, 12:04:50 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Yeh but selling.

the question is - is it going to be on the road?

so if you took a rollable shell (and hypothetically) drove it home - thats illegal
If you took the same shell, loaded it onto a truck (afterall, its a shell, it can't actually drive) - thats legal

So my Car sitting on my land (not the public road) is perfectly legal

Not if it has a for sale sign on it that can be seen from the street.

Reply #19 Posted: April 04, 2014, 11:11:10 am

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Pretty sure the warrant and rego rule only applies to dealerships. Private sales have no requirement iirc. Hence the use of the " as is, where is" tagline on some private sales.

Reply #20 Posted: April 05, 2014, 11:08:03 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
http://www.motorweb.co.nz/pub/blogpost/63/wof-requirements-when-selling-a-vehicle

The person who sells the vehicle must ensure that it has a current WoF issued no more than 1 month before the delivery of the vehicle to the purchaser, unless they receive written confirmation from the purchaser that:

-if the WoF is current, they accept that the WoF was issued 1 month or more previous, or
-if the WoF is not current, they will not operate the vehicle except for the purpose of obtaining a WoF.

Reply #21 Posted: April 05, 2014, 07:26:25 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Yeah, lots of people think it's not a thing. And to be fair it's not normally an issue because of expectations upon purchase lead to no troubles.
But it is a thing.

Just like it's illegal to advertise a vehicle by parking it with a for sale sign on it.
But that's up to local councils to enforce, like parking tickets.

Reply #22 Posted: April 05, 2014, 08:42:52 pm

Offline swindle

It's no P1 or Zonda... but it is the nicest car I've ever owned.

Say hello to the newest member of the family!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ommethc2.pdq.jpg
Pop Quiz. You have $10,000 to buy a car tomorrow, what do you buy?

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=215dsx4m.uem.jpg

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=zzk5zlg1.skk.jpg

Reply #23 Posted: April 06, 2014, 05:18:28 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
that for $10k?

how many k's

I also purchased a car today. Caldina 2005 GT-Four 35k on the clock

Reply #24 Posted: April 06, 2014, 05:33:44 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!