Topic: The 'What are you Playing' Thread

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Last week I picked up an Xbox One. My 6950 wasn't cutting it and my PSU shat itself. To replace the PSU and buy a new vid card would have been a little pricey and in all honesty, I hadn't been doing much PC gaming lately as whenever I use a PC, I crash out on the bed with my laptop (nVidia 640 + i5 + 8GB RAM) that hauls ass.

So I priced up my PC and have sold off the parts. I'll return to building a new rig one day.

For now, the Xbox One has been awesome for me. These are the titles I've been playing:

Halo: The Masterchief Collection.
Sunset Overdrive.
DragonAge: Inquisition.

Reason for picking up Halo was the remake of Halo 2 and to be able to play Halo 4 in 1080p. I'm a Halo fanboy so had a wicked blast. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet as it requires a 15GB update and their still having a shitfit over at 343i to try and get matchmaking sorted.

Sunset Overdrive is one hell of a riot with super saturated graphics, outlandish dialogue and off the wall weapons/narrative. It gets a little repetitive but is so much fun.

I picked up DragonAge: Inquisition last night and so far, it's a massive open world RPG that seems to tick all the boxes. Very pretty, engaging characters and has a reasonable amount of customisation. It's just a shame that the story is a little dry. It's the usual "fantasy land being over run with demons coming from another world through portals. Main character has very little backstory and can't remember anything". Being able to control every player, map out attack plans and equip and level up everyone in your party is cool, but can also get tedious every time you pick up new weapons/armour/abilities.

What are you playing? Any platform!

Posted: November 26, 2014, 10:33:18 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
PC, always PC.

Ghost Recon Online (F2P)
Shadow of Mordor - Get's my vote for GOTY
WoD (casually)
Hearthstone (on the odd occasion)

Was playing Heroes of the Storm, for a long while, seems to have died out a bit now

EDIT:

Forgot BORDERLANDS TPS - smashed that for 2 weeks, got to 50, did a few raid bosses. Now waiting for the DLC.
Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:19:16 am by Xenolightning

Reply #1 Posted: November 26, 2014, 10:50:10 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I was going to pick up Shadow of Mordor as everything I've read about it has been awesome. I asked a friend what he thought of it and he said he took it back as he thought it was repetitive and frustrating. He's a CoD player, so should have taken his advice with a grain of salt.

Reply #2 Posted: November 26, 2014, 10:58:32 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Ive kind of burnt myself out on everything.... find myself watching twitch while mates are asking me to play the games im watching, and my entire reaction is 'Meh'.

Have installed a psx emulator and plan to play FF9 on my laptop, but just no inspiration.

Reply #3 Posted: November 26, 2014, 11:04:01 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I was going to pick up Shadow of Mordor as everything I've read about it has been awesome. I asked a friend what he thought of it and he said he took it back as he thought it was repetitive and frustrating. He's a CoD player, so should have taken his advice with a grain of salt.
The combat is somewhat repetitive. Slash, slash, jump, parry, slide, slash, slash COMBO MOVE, rinse repeat. It's the Arkham style combat, which just happens to be like that.

The story is "decent" enough to carry the game, it feels almost "pieced together". Not award winning, but above average compared to other games.

Where the game really shines, is infiltrating the orc ranks and starting assassination attempts, and the "Power" system. Orcs get stronger when they kill you. I have died to one particular Orc Captain so many times, I can no longer kill him. It's the hatred for this NPC that drives up the fucking wall, and keeps me going back trying to kill him.

If it comes on sale during the Steam Fall sale, I'd recommend 100% picking it up. Oh but Rii... You don't have Steam... Because you are on the One.

Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:01:57 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #4 Posted: November 26, 2014, 11:24:59 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
o am playing War for the Overworld at the moment

Reply #5 Posted: November 26, 2014, 11:32:07 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Man, so close to making an effort, so close.

Reply #6 Posted: November 26, 2014, 11:49:22 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Man, so close to making an effort, so close.

huge amount of dev going into it it is so close to a dungeon keeper clone, but with so much more they are adding.

tempted to buy a DS XL or a Vita for lite gaming duties..

Reply #7 Posted: November 26, 2014, 12:28:17 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I do 6 figure sudoku (as opposed to normal 9) on my Nokia 105.

Reply #8 Posted: November 26, 2014, 12:43:49 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I do 6 figure sudoku (as opposed to normal 9) on my Nokia 105.

hmm probably more engaging than clash of clans on my s5.

Reply #9 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:25:29 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Arma 3 at the moment, variations of the new epoch mod, battle royale, wasteland. Arma 2 finally got uninstalled.
Also, need to focus a little more time on State of Decay, have enjoyed that quite a lot.

Reply #10 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:42:33 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
csgo surfing and path of exile.

Reply #11 Posted: November 26, 2014, 01:48:33 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I'm still playing the occasional round of BF4, A little of the pre-alpha release of Shroud of the Avatar, a little Command and conquer 4 (but probably for not much longer as I'm not too keen on it).
I also have a few games I was playing in the last few months but lost interest:
System shock 2
Unepic
Stargunner
FTL
Septerra Core
Sir, you are being hunted
Borderlands 2
Divinity Original Sin (finished it twice, excellent both times, just not keen for a third)

I also played a bit of SanctuaryRPG for old school ascii fun, but it got old after a week.

Lots of games on my to do list but nothing grabbing my attention right now, currently I'm just reading a good book.

Reply #12 Posted: November 26, 2014, 05:41:57 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I am still rocking Bf4, but Kerbal Space Program is really starting to hit my endorphin receptors - doing a Manual mun landing and return, and doing science is all so very pleasing and satisfying

Next stop is Minmus

Reply #13 Posted: November 26, 2014, 05:49:15 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Forgot BORDERLANDS TPS - smashed that for 2 weeks, got to 50, did a few raid bosses. Now waiting for the DLC.

Babe we need more co-op games like this for us to rock together.

Reply #14 Posted: November 26, 2014, 07:01:53 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Platform: RL

Ingress, and lots of it

Platform: PC

Assetto Corsa
A bit of Chivalry with workmates every now and them.
About to give Spec Ops - The Line a hoon
Need to start playing Insurgency since I scored a copy

Looking to get in to Depth. that game looks funny as shit (you get to play as A FUCKING SHARK

Reply #15 Posted: November 26, 2014, 09:56:32 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Been busy studying lately, but cranking BF4 whenever I get a chance.

Reply #16 Posted: November 27, 2014, 08:14:44 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I've pretty much been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition since it came out. I can't put it down. Love the combat and love the characters in the game. It also has a huge world. I've played about 18 hours, according to my save file, and from what I've read I'm only just at the end of the 'intro'.

Before that, I got through Shadows of Mordor. Great game even though it borrows a lot from other games. Standard open world side quests and collectables, combat system taken from the Batman: Arkham games with a few unique abilities thrown in, terrain traversal like Assassins Creed, but the Nemesis system makes the game something a bit different. Having Uruk bosses with special traits and personalities that fight each other and build power gives the feeling of a living, especially when you get the ability to control them a create your own pet warlord.

Other games I played here and there before DA:I came out are:

Super Smash Bros on the 3DS on the train to and from work
Crusader Kings 2
Started a Fallout 2 game after getting it off GOG.com
Replaying Saint's Row 2 after getting it off Steam
Civilization: Beyond Earth

Reply #17 Posted: November 27, 2014, 11:32:49 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Supposedly DA:I has about 90hrs worth of gameplay.

Reply #18 Posted: November 27, 2014, 12:05:06 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer

Babe we need more co-op games like this for us to rock together.
Absolutely hun, maybe we can play Sims 4?

Reply #19 Posted: November 27, 2014, 10:23:57 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Goat Sim MMO

Reply #20 Posted: November 28, 2014, 07:09:09 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
currently in the play rotation:

bf4
payday 2
KSP - career mode
Civ V GMR

however wolfenstein is currently $27.17 so i might pick that up in the current steam sale

Reply #21 Posted: November 28, 2014, 03:10:53 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Playing Far Cry 4 atm (aside from playing with screaming 12 year olds on Garry's Mod)

Can anyone confirm or deny if FC4 has a "song" like FC 3 having the Damian Marley Jr "Make it burn dem"

Just burnt an opium field and was sad that nothing came on :(

Reply #22 Posted: November 29, 2014, 07:06:46 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me