Topic: Banned for quickselling?

Offline TurtleExcell

• I Posted!
  • TurtleExcell has no influence.
So I was just banned from your trading server for not using the word "quicksell" to your definition.. I'm rather new to trading, but it seems idiotic to ban someone for selling for less than what the bp.tf value of it is. I was trying to sell my Unusual Ol' Snaggletooth steaming for 14 key, wich by definition would be "quickselling". "A phrase used inside a trading community meaning that the seller is selling the item for a discounted price for quick profit." It was quite amusing to hear them all call me an idiot and a moron. What was one of their arguments? OH! "That's not quickselling! That's just discounted, false advertisement." So this is how the server treats users o.O? So I was muted and thought.. Okay.. That wasn't called for at all. So I switch to a random server, ignorant of the fact is was linked or something. (Not entirely sure about the chat, still cool though)
"[IRC] Trade1 :  courpse: turtle, are you fucking kidding me?"
Noticed this and then was banned. So... Am I lead to believe you ban people for selling for less? A response would be awesome.. And if it is just those admins.. They were quite vulgar too o.o Insisting I must be an idiot.

Posted: January 17, 2015, 11:47:00 am

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
First of all can this please moved in to our ban section by one of the forum admins.

I have spoken to courpse about the ban and got his side of the story as well.

You were silenced on Trade 1 to start off with for spamming chat, the 'quicksell' that you were offering was a 1 or 2 key discount - that isn't quicksell.

As I said you were silenced on Trade 1, this is after you were telling people to quit bitching and to shut up and play the game. '[11:17:08] <Trade1> 04Turtle Excell: Quit fucking bitching and play.'

You moved from Trade 1 to Trade 3 and carried on advertising and spamming chat. You should of taken the hint with the silence that was given to you.

The ban length is 24 hours and will not be removed early.

Reply #1 Posted: January 17, 2015, 12:02:57 pm

Offline TurtleExcell

• I Posted!
I wasn't spamming. I was posting once every chat cycle, but it is easier to add that on, isn't it? And by definition of the word.. It is.. Quickselling is selling discounted products for a profit.. I was doing exactly that.. The amount is trivial. A discount is a discount. As I said, I joined a random server.. I noticed trade and joined. I told them to quit bitching because they were abusing me over the mic....

"Quicksell
A phrase used inside a trading community meaning that the seller is selling the item for a discounted price for quick profit."

Reply #2 Posted: January 17, 2015, 12:11:31 pm

Offline TurtleExcell

• I Posted!
Also.. I was holding back when I said quit fucking bitching. They were abusing me quite a lot -_-

Reply #3 Posted: January 17, 2015, 12:14:13 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
The ban length is 24 hours and will not be removed early.

You have your answer, now move along before you end up forum banned as well.

Reply #4 Posted: January 17, 2015, 12:29:38 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I wasn't spamming. I was posting once every chat cycle, but it is easier to add that on, isn't it?

If you read the !rules regarding trade advertising, your adverts on text are once every 30 seconds and on voice is once every couple of minutes.

failure to stick to that, also creates attention to you.

Reply #5 Posted: January 17, 2015, 02:04:17 pm