Poll

Should TTT_Rooftops_2016 replace TTT_Rooftops_A2_F1?

Yes
ummm Yes
Fucking Hell Yes

Topic: TTT_Rooftops_2016 Has Been Released!

Offline Flimp Flumpy

• I Posted!
  • Flimp Flumpy has no influence.

YouTube Showcase

Steam Page

===============================================================================

TTT_rooftops_2016 has arrived, bringing with it an immense number of additions, enhancements and changes to both the visual and mechanical.

After years of development, I am glad to finally introduce ttt_rooftops_2016, the definitive ttt_rooftops version for 2015 and beyond!

This is no ordinary update, this overhaul is the result of 2 years of production and beta testing.

Here is what you can expect to see in ttt_rooftops_2016:

The map has received a graphical overhaul, new buildings, features and events, as well as enhancements and changes to almost all components of the map. The changes are too great in number to list specifically, so instead they will be presented in a summarized format for ease of reading purposes:

Overhauled graphics and skybox:
With enhanced props, textures and greatly improved lighting and geometry, the map has seen a complete graphical overhaul that takes advantage of Source Engine lighting techniques not commonly found in most Gmod maps. These include HDR, reflective cubemaps, increased shadow resolution and vertex based lighting/shadowing and more. The results are a far more modern and eye pleasing outcome. Additionally, the skybox has been entirely overhauled, with the use of cloudy particle effects, custom textures, improved design/detail and a photo-realistic mountain.

New buildings and map extensions:
The map has seen the introduction of new buildings with rooftops_2016, including a new construction tower and upper-class garden building that provides a great map overview and sniping location. Certain parts of the map previously unreachable have now been included, such as the top of the H shaped tower (now parker building) and water-tower with ladders leading to the top. Many new interiors have also been added, which serve as hideouts or pathways to other parts of the map.

Lots of new features and events:
Features of many kinds have been added, ranging from a flooding event to a controllable flying elevator, a jukebox featuring 6 mystery songs to functional elevators (technology!), a traitor portal highway and much more!. The list goes on, but most will be left as a mystery for you to discover!

Refined layout and traversal:
The older parts of the map have seen changes too, with more possibilities of escape and descent from higher ground. The upper-map catwalk has been overhauled entirely with extra ladders and bridges leading from building to building. Map traversal has also seen refinements, with greatly improved ladders and tweaked prop/brushes making traversal from one point to another a little more seamless and less glitchy/disruptive.

Reworked Mechanics:
Lots of pre-existing mechanics have been reworked from the ground up, including the killer axe and destructible building. The Killer Axe is now locked inside a case with only certain conditions allowing access. When accessed, It now has two modes, the traditional (traitor) killer axe (with the extra ability to go invisible for 15 seconds!) and the (innocent) scanner axe, which reveals the scanned players role on contact with a 15 second cooldown. Other mechanics such as the destructible building and laser has been reworked too, but that will be left up to you to find out!

Tons of easter eggs and mysteries:
Brimming with easter eggs scattered across the map, players will still be discovering new things months from release! Revealing them would only ruin the surprise, the fun is in the discovery!

Soundscapes and atmosphere improvements:
Dynamic soundscapes have been incorporated into the map, with background noises and atmosphere improvements that dynamically change from location to location; no longer is the map plagued with a single looping breeze sound! Additionally, new ambient sounds have been added across the map, ranging from the tweeting of birds to the constant sizzle of steaming pipes.

FAQ:

Q: What games are required?
A: CSS.

Q: Are you the developer of the original ttt_rooftops?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this an official update or an alternative vision?
A: Official update. This version is intended as a replacement for ttt_rooftops_a2_f1.

Q: Will there be more updates to ttt_rooftops_2016 coming?
A: Yes, mostly consisting of feedback based changes and bug fixes.

Q: Will this version run better or worse than ttt_rooftops_a2_f1?
A: Both. The framerate is far more stable than in a2_f1, but depending on your current position you will experience either an increase or decrease in FPS compared to previous versions. The map will continue to be optimized as time goes on though, so framerate will only increase with newer versions to come.

Q: Why is it so much bigger than a2_f1?
A: The map features a fair amount of custom content, as well as higher quality and more advanced lighting methods. This I believe is worth it, as it has allowed the map to achieve far higher potential than just using standard assets and basic lighting techniques. Hopefully you will agree.

Q: Did this update REALLY take you 2 years to produce?
A: Yes, this was the result of lots of changes and reworks over that period of time, as well as an on/off development schedule.

Q: What if I prefer simpler, more traditional maps like rooftops_a2_f1 but want the graphical and layout changes seen in rooftops_2016?
A: Don't worry, I've got you covered! After the main version of ttt_rooftops_2016 has been finished, I will be moving onto ttt_rooftops_2016_lite! Check below for more details.

ttt_rooftops_2016_lite

If you're the kind of player who prefers a simpler, more traditional and static experience, ttt_rooftops_2016_lite is for you! This version will feature most of the graphical, mechanical and layout improvements incorporated into ttt_rooftops_2016, minus a lot of the newer events and easter eggs that may take the focus away from the core TTT gameplay or deem too complicated. The lite version will also see a slightly smaller filesize and decreased server impact.
Further down the line I will be creating a thread seeking suggestions on what to and what not to include in ttt_rooftops_2016_lite. So stay tuned!

(Description taken from Steam Page)

So, what do you think? In with the new, out with the old? Or should we keep the shabby older one?
Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:03:27 am by Flimp Flumpy

Posted: October 28, 2015, 11:59:33 pm

Offline Bert

• Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Im sure this will be 100% added........calling Quantum and DV!!!!!!

Reply #1 Posted: October 29, 2015, 12:19:27 am

Offline Flimp Flumpy

• I Posted!
Im sure this will be 100% added........calling Quantum and DV!!!!!!

Yes!
THANK YOU BERT!

Reply #2 Posted: October 29, 2015, 12:22:23 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Skeet Skeet Skeet.

Reply #3 Posted: October 29, 2015, 01:41:12 am

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Last time I added maps, I was lucky enough that I didn't fuck the server.

I believe it may be some time until this map  (mainly because of it's size(?)) is added (but probably, it most definitely WILL be added) as "we" are working on getting a few things sorted first, in regards to generally how maps are loaded.

Good job on the thread though. It's hard to know what people want when no one says anything :)

Reply #4 Posted: October 29, 2015, 03:33:07 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Flimp Flumpy

• I Posted!
Last time I added maps, I was lucky enough that I didn't fuck the server.

I believe it may be some time until this map  (mainly because of it's size(?)) is added (but probably, it most definitely WILL be added) as "we" are working on getting a few things sorted first, in regards to generally how maps are loaded.

Good job on the thread though. It's hard to know what people want when no one says anything :)

Yee

Reply #5 Posted: October 29, 2015, 10:19:19 am

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
Looks awesome!

Reply #6 Posted: October 29, 2015, 06:37:29 pm

Offline Flimp Flumpy

• I Posted!

Reply #7 Posted: October 29, 2015, 07:48:33 pm

Offline Zylos

• I Posted!
  • Zylos has no influence.
I downloaded the map not long after the release and the only problem I have with it is that it caused some sort of shader bug (When flashlight turned off screen goes slightly whitewashed) when connecting to the server. This is an ongoing issue for me, so if anyone else experiences it tell me so I can do a bug report to the creator before it is added to the server.

Reply #8 Posted: October 31, 2015, 03:42:06 pm
(: Are you annoyed (: