Topic: United States Presidential Debates

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I don't like Donald Trump, I don't think he's going to be a great president, but I strongly believe he was the better of the two choices on offer.

Of the policies he's offered up, here's where I sit.

Abortion: I'm pro-choice, and Roe v Wade being overturned is probably the single biggest thing that's going to happen under Trump that I'm concerned about.

Immigration: Mass immigration from foreign cultures is a huge problem both in the west. You don't get to move to a country for a better life and then demand it adapts to you, you need to adapt to it. That means speaking English, wearing western clothing,  and fully integrating rather than being an enclave of your homeland. Cannot fault any of his policies here, NZ is lagging way behind the US and Australia when it comes to dealing with this. Obviously we can't build a wall, but our navy should be out helping the Aussies intercept boats, and like Australia we should be rounding up illegals, over-stayers, non native born criminals and people of bad character and putting them in interment camps before deporting them.

Guns: 100% support here, NZ needs to liberalize it's firearms laws, ditch the restrictions around MSSA's and pistols, introduce castle law and implicitly allow deadly force to be used in self defense, to prevent a crime, or when you fear for your safety. They also need to replace the "good character" guidelines around firearms ownership, it's WAY too grey area, because it's completely at the discretion of the police. It should be a case of if you are convicted of "XYZ" list of crimes, you are disqualified from owning a gun, just like a security guards license, rather than depending on what police officer you deal with and what mood they are in.

Foreign policy: Mixed bag for me, but on the whole he's going to be playing less "world police" which I like. Trump supports Israel, and is anti Iran which I don'y support, but he's also basically promised to bomb ISIL out of existence, even if it means turning the ISIL controlled parts of the world into radioactive glass, which I'm absolutely in favour of.

Gay Marriage: I'm in favour, and despite a crapload of liberal bleating he's basically said he doesn't mind it. Hell he just appointed an openly gay man to his transition team. Don't think its the issue some are making it out to be.

Trade: Anti FTA's, and has vowed to kill the TPPA, which in my humble opinion all by itself would make him the most worthy candidate. He could literally be the next Stalin or Pol Pot and ditching the TPPA would still make him a better person than Clinton.

Law & Order: Pretty happy with his policy here, hard on crime works for me, only real concern I have is that he might try and restart the failed war on drugs, when they just need to up and end prohibition.

Environment: Not looking good here at all, Whilst I don't think we should be going as far as the green types demand, we need to accept that climate change is real, it's man made, and look at way's we can reduce our impact on the planet where it doesn't place an undue burden on us.

Education: One of my biggest concerns about Trump, things like Intelligent Design and creationism will be back in the books, and a new generation of brainwashed biblethumpers will emerge.

Think that covers most of what I have an opinion on.

Reply #25 Posted: November 15, 2016, 10:11:46 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
You think racism and bigotry are refreshing?

You are a terrible person.
As a terrible person I am offended that you think I wouldnt vote for my ideals.

My ideal candidate was Donald Trump. He represented everything I want to see in the world.

Racism, bigotry, misogyny, comedy.

And most important of all: Reality.

Its time to wake up world. Your children grew up retarded, they dont even vote, and its time to abort the lot of them and try again.

#makeAmericagreatagain
Spoiler :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Hillary represented the continuation of the same old system thats slowly but surely been destroying the middle class. The system that favours corporate interests over working families. I don't think people voted for Trump as much as they voted against Hillary.

Hillary is the worst politician in history.

In History.

Reply #26 Posted: November 15, 2016, 02:44:51 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
This is a very interesting read. http://imgur.com/gallery/SxpJC
I think ol' mate Tiwa would rather enjoy the 'first part' from March (linked in link).

Reply #27 Posted: December 04, 2016, 08:57:20 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I think ol' mate Tiwa would rather enjoy the 'first part' from March (linked in link).
Those who are not capable of understanding true reality are generally incapable of comprehending it either

Reply #28 Posted: December 05, 2016, 09:07:25 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Hoboneer

• Game Server Admin
  • Hoboneer has no influence.

I have been enlightened because of this. I understand now...

Reply #29 Posted: December 05, 2016, 10:34:38 pm
The real Hobo
The best Hobo

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
This silent majority has credit. You're doing what the media did, Monkey. Falsely accuse a large sect of people for being racist, misogynist and bigots. SO they rebelled because there was only one direction where those accusations where coming from and it was camp Hillary. DNC put up a silly choice and called everyone hate mongers for declining her merit.

Reply #30 Posted: December 08, 2016, 08:05:35 pm