Topic: custom sprays in your CS 1.6 servers

Offline iToons

• I Posted!
  • iToons has no influence.
Hey guys,

A bunch of friends and I were playing in your scoutzknivez server last night (side note - thanks heaps for hosting it. really awesome to see scoutzknivez still going in 1.6!) and we couldn't get our custom sprays to work.

They work in many other servers and I read it is a setting in the servers that either allow them or don't allow them. Any chance you can enable this setting?

Cheers!

Posted: October 17, 2020, 06:37:04 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
For future reference, Discord is a much better place to come ask things like this, but I've mentioned this request in adminchat and someone will get back to you at some point.

Reply #1 Posted: October 19, 2020, 10:57:40 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Hi iToons,

Unfortunately we had quite a few people abuse the custom sprays on the 1.6 servers, Given the limited number of players, we don't have much admin activity in the 1.6 servers to monitor this, so we made the decision to turn them off.

While we would love to turn them back on, we cannot justify subjecting our players to the possibility of more inappropriate (not even adult themed, just plain gross/brutal/disgusting) sprays that we don't have the admins to moderate, but we are happy to keep the servers running.

Reply #2 Posted: October 21, 2020, 11:07:44 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline iToons

• I Posted!
  • iToons has no influence.
For future reference, Discord is a much better place to come ask things like this, but I've mentioned this request in adminchat and someone will get back to you at some point.
Ok mate no worries, I didn't even know there was a discord. The info page on the loading screen of the server sends you to this website for raising issues like this. It might be worth updating the server info page.
Hi iToons,

Unfortunately we had quite a few people abuse the custom sprays on the 1.6 servers, Given the limited number of players, we don't have much admin activity in the 1.6 servers to monitor this, so we made the decision to turn them off.

While we would love to turn them back on, we cannot justify subjecting our players to the possibility of more inappropriate (not even adult themed, just plain gross/brutal/disgusting) sprays that we don't have the admins to moderate, but we are happy to keep the servers running.
That's really disappointing. It's such a great and unique feature of 1.6.

Is there any chance we could give it another try? Or create a window on our next games night where the setting is turned back on (like for one night only while we fill the server)? I understand if not, but its such a shame for this feature to be turned off.

Alternatively, could I moderate the server for you guys and ban anyone with disgusting/inappropriate images?

Reply #3 Posted: October 21, 2020, 12:27:22 pm