Topic: GETSOME TF2 NEWSLETTER #6 - NOVEMBER 2014

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Why hello there!

So... yes I know this is a little late. My apologies..

Okay so, to kick things off, I would like to mention that there will be an announcement on the first of December, regarding our xmas promotions. So stay tuned for that.
There will be various things running simultaneously, so be aware if you want to win items.
For part of the promo, we will require you to be a member of the GetSome Website and the GetSomeTF2 group page. So while you are waiting, signup/join and wait patiently for the announcement.

A few things have come to our attention regarding a couple of rules.

First is mic spam. (MUSIC) If you wish to play music to everyone, DON'T, there is no need for it, don't keep playing time and time again. You will most probably get perm muted/silenced if it carries on.  We have had various arguments with players because they suggest people should just mute them using their own settings. If they bother to read the rules, they will see we have stated, NO MIC SPAM.
This also includes (VOICE). We have a few servers that have really bad voice chat spam, this is usually 4-5 people all talking at the same time. We know you all like to talk, but maybe space it out a bit more and let others join in on your conversation. for those that don't like to listen, then set your own mute settings on specific players.

Secondly, Trading. There seems to be a bit of sharking going on, people expecting overpay on items when there is no need for it. While we cannot police everything, we still see it happening. Some people have been told to stop it, but still carry on doing what they are doing.
The definition for PURE also seems to be slightly jaded. I suggest googling 'tf2 pure'.

Thirdly, We have noticed a massive increase in phishing links, hack links and what not, being posted and/or sent to users. please be aware of what you are clicking on. Also be aware of who you are adding as a friend on steam, you may not recognize that particular user. If you don't know them, check their page before accepting, chances are they have a private page, that's a good reason to not add them.

moving on..

I have changed the payload server to a 24/7 KOTH HARVEST server now. As I found the payload mode is rarely played now days. So I am going to try something a little different. I have also got an X10 server up. which is running 24/7 sawmill.
Hale2 is now the freak fortress 2 mod, running nicely as well. I have kept the name to the same because its just an extension to the hale mod really.
MvM Machine attacks is now up to ep10, and it appears some more updates have been made to previous episodes. so yet again I will remind you that you need to delete your old maps from your /maps or /downloads/maps folder. otherwise you will not be able to play. I will also be re-adding the updated ep8, as the update was bugged and they needed to update the update...go figure.
Also on mvm, our friend einsenhauer is still working on a walkthrough for it. check the machine attacks thread for any hints and tips hes posted.
Feel free to post any suggestions about these and any of our servers in our forums.

As of late I have been getting requests about more admins. If you wish to apply for admin, do so. just remember we are not currently recruiting, but when we are, they will be reviewed straight away. I would appreciate if you didn't pester me about how your application is going. chances are I haven't even had a good read of it.

STATS TIME!!!
General: 4843 (13399)
MvM: 10893 (26855)
Trade: 5609 (19289)
Hale: 2807 (10156)

Holy MvM!! that must be a record for the year. great stats this month.

Thanks again for your continued support.
As we are coming into the christmas period, be merry and make sure you treat santa with respect!

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator
Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:55:44 pm by Gutty

Posted: November 26, 2014, 11:52:06 pm