Topic: What are you or have you kickstarted/indiegogo'd?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
"Lol my idea with the water and pump was something I figured could work."

I'm in hysterics that you started a funding campaign asking for $450K knowing NOTHING about what you're doing.

Despite $450K being about a 1/3 of what you'd need.

Reply #50 Posted: June 17, 2014, 08:22:02 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

I'm in hysterics that you started a funding campaign asking for $450K knowing NOTHING about what you're doing.

He should have started on YouTube

Free Energy Generator 2
1 minute 52 seconds
By my calculations that video made at least USD $30,000
Spoiler :
Here is a video of a serious guy

free energy Device at work
Seriously dumb that is
edit:Currency is in USD
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:31:19 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #51 Posted: June 17, 2014, 08:28:25 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

It's actually not a terrible idea. It seems the least you know about your proposed idea the more likely it is to be crowd funded.

Solar Roadways is up to 2 million dollars.

Reply #52 Posted: June 17, 2014, 08:47:44 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

I'm waiting for you to start one for a new kind of dildo.

Reply #53 Posted: June 17, 2014, 09:05:18 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Lol that sum is for the entire thing. Not just the hydro generation. Ive worked with fountains and water flows so I would of thought the system like powerspout would work.
There are other options. Could dump the whole eco thing and use the grid.

Its more thought out than you would assume.  ;)

I put the info on gofund to get it out there. Still yet to get detailed. ..

Reply #54 Posted: June 17, 2014, 09:17:14 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Lol that sum is for the entire thing. Not just the hydro generation. Ive worked with fountains and water flows so I would of thought the system like powerspout would work.
There are other options. Could dump the whole eco thing and use the grid.

Its more thought out than you would assume.  ;)

Or solar roadways panels!

Reply #55 Posted: June 17, 2014, 09:18:23 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Or that ^

Reply #56 Posted: June 17, 2014, 09:18:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Lol that sum is for the entire thing. Not just the hydro generation.

You missed the part where I said "450K only being a 1/3" of what you'd need".

450K might get you the fleet of electric go-karts, software, track and shelter.

Reply #57 Posted: June 17, 2014, 11:02:15 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
You reckon?

Reply #58 Posted: June 17, 2014, 11:04:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm waiting for you to start one for a new kind of dildo.

It's going to be a hydro powered dildo. Each thrust pumps a gush of water inside the dildo that pushes through a set of micro-turbines and charges a set of batteries. The power stored up will be just enough to play music from a small speaker.

Reply #59 Posted: June 17, 2014, 11:04:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Reminds me a bit of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

:( the youtube doesn't work for me

Because you s'd your http.

Reply #60 Posted: June 18, 2014, 06:15:27 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

Because you s'd your http.

I'll s you're http.

edit: it looks better as you're

Reply #61 Posted: June 18, 2014, 12:44:14 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
i havent even seen the idea created in the world. but im my mind its gold. id love to tell all but then someone could steal it :p

There would be 2 tanks of water. Using pumps to push it. Then itl be gravity fed to take it through rh the generators

You might be safe this time.

Wouldn't hurt to read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_law_of_thermodynamics

Reply #62 Posted: June 19, 2014, 10:07:33 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
To add a bit more explanation to what bounty has said, just so it doesn't sound so easy...

Most, if not all, motors have high starting current (can be up to 6x full load current) as they rev up to speed, so you'd be wasting a lot of power by either starting / stopping the pump, or by running it constantly.

A 300W motor would use 1.25 - 1.3 amps, assuming it's single phase, unless you plan to only install in 3 phase houses, which a lot of people aren't. While that motor starts up it will be drawing 1800W. You could get around this by using a Variable Speed Drive but I think by that point you're just pissing into the wind.

Now that's only for a few seconds that it would be drawing that high, then it would run at 300W input power.

Maybe become a bio-engineer (is that a thing?) and create a bacteria that converts carbon dioxide/minoxide/what ever is in 'that ol' o-zone' ... into electricity. I know there is a bacteria already that converts SOMETHING into electricity, and I saw in the science thread a year or two ago, that there is a bacteria that creates peizoelectricity when you press it, and they were thinking of coating phone touch screens in it.

Reply #63 Posted: June 20, 2014, 02:01:19 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Tree's have some pretty clever ideas about how to get water up high without pumps:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_action

Reply #64 Posted: June 20, 2014, 09:30:10 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I think Gutty should put his idea on Kickstarter

Look at this stupid fucking idea

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/loka-the-world-of-fantasy-chess
Enter Loka, the world of fantasy chess - it's both the chess set you've always dreamed of and a new game by Alessio Cavatore!
745 backers
$104,172
pledged of $25,000 goal
seconds to go

(giant image spoilered because it doesnt seem to work)
Spoiler :
Thats right! Spend more money to upgrade your Chess Pieces!
What is the problem with this?
It is Chess with dice

Loka Review - with Tom Vasel
Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 10:01:41 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #65 Posted: June 20, 2014, 11:48:03 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
lol tiwa, thanks!

trouble with kickstarter is its limited to some categories

is there security cert fucked? lol

Reply #66 Posted: June 21, 2014, 12:46:36 am

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Thanks. I know its been around for years. Lol my idea with the water and pump was something I figured could work. Obviously not.

Lol at that video. Crackin up

Fark everyones been trying to create unlimited power with lazers and shit. Better patent this idea and let everyone know to use water.

Reply #67 Posted: June 23, 2014, 08:04:16 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I fucking went on Kickstarter again...

FUCK...

Novi Security
Cool little home security come smoke alarm dealio. I'm impressed, and as a renter this works for me, as well as having peace of mind for my stuff and the kids.

Fine Tip "Dart" Stylus
I use a stylus for my iPad, and this conquers one of the major problems I have when using it, so was a naturally immediate purchase.

iFind Locating Tags
I think I just jumped on the buzz of this as it's been really popular, but I can see the benefits for myself or my kids toys or other precious things.

XenoShyft Onslaught
Board game/card game. Looks pretty cool, and the art work is phenomenal.

I am now up to a lifetime backing of 23 KS projects and 1 Indiegogo. I have received 4 of those backed items, and am scheduled to receive the rest as follows:
July 2014 - 3
August 2014 - 3
September 2014 - 3
October 2014 - 3
November 2014 - 2
December 2014 - 1
January 2015 - 2
May 2015 - 2

I'm also keeping a note of the following two:
Moment Smartwatch
I've already got a smartwatch on the way, but the concept of this intrigued me, and interests me. Not sure I want it, but will keep an eye on it just in case ;)

Metal Polyhedral Dice
I'm looking at these as a present for a friend who plays AD&D, and they're a different, but very cool present.

Reply #68 Posted: June 26, 2014, 09:40:21 am
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Codex

the novi is the only thing there that peaked my interest really

Reply #69 Posted: June 26, 2014, 10:06:04 am

Offline Tiwaking!

XenoShyft Onslaught
Board game/card game. Looks pretty cool, and the art work is phenomenal.

<3 Board Games
"One of the most fun co-op games I have played in a long time!" - Tom Vasel (The Dice Tower)

XenoShyft Onslaught Gameplay Featuring Tom Vasel, Rodney Smith, and Steve Avery
edit: Man the sound is terrible in that video. The game looks fun though
Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:15:52 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #70 Posted: June 26, 2014, 11:01:17 am

Codex

Reply #71 Posted: June 26, 2014, 04:15:44 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

iFind Locating Tags
I think I just jumped on the buzz of this as it's been really popular, but I can see the benefits for myself or my kids toys or other precious things.

Hahaha that set off my "free energy/perpetul motion" scam detector when i read it last night..

Nek Minute:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135719-500k-iFind-Kickstarter-Campaign-Suspended-Possibly-a-Scam

Reply #72 Posted: June 27, 2014, 10:14:42 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted

iFind Locating Tags

Hahaha that set off my "free energy/perpetul motion" scam detector when i read it last night..

Nek Minute:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135719-500k-iFind-Kickstarter-Campaign-Suspended-Possibly-a-Scam

Who would do that? Who would use technological ignorance as a means to sell a bogus idea for personal gain?

Reply #73 Posted: June 27, 2014, 11:29:17 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Yeah - was interesting to read about this today. I guess it was a "too good to be true", but hey for the amount of success you get and the level of robustness that Kickstarter has, I guess they all worked to make sure we're not ripped off.

Reply #74 Posted: June 27, 2014, 12:07:12 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!