Topic: [REQ] Adam's Unban Request

Offline adamm

• I Posted!
  • adamm has no influence.
IGN: adam
steamid: STEAM_0:0:47379537
Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055024802/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was recently banned on the low gravity Saxton Hale server. The reason for my ban was "multi-hack" when in-fact, I was not hacking. The confusion was caused by a glitch from where I was still in spectate while also looking like I was on a team, so I could attack players etc when in spectate.

The story goes the glitch happened and I was hale, and while this glitch happens I can't suicide. Because of this, I kill the red team (I didn't want to disconnect because I wanted to maintain this glitch to have fun). After this, I get switched to red team and do no harm to the boss and had no intention to interfere with the game (except to an afk hale which obviously doesn't matter).

I fully understand this is an exploit/cheat etc and by getting permanently banned I understand this type of thing isn't tolerated on these servers. If my ban was to get lifted/lowered I would never do this glitch again. Once again, I had no malicious intent and did not want to harm/hurt other players experiences.

If an admin wants me to explain the glitch then add me on steam :)

Thanks,
Adam
Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 12:13:57 am by adamm

Posted: January 09, 2015, 12:09:55 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
(I didn't want to disconnect because I wanted to maintain this glitch to have fun).
as per server rules and noted that you have said so yourself that it is still an exploit and that you took advantage of it normally i ban would be upheld, but you seem repentant and also willing to show the admin team how to fix it, i would imagine one if the TF2 admins will discuss it with you shortly.

but i commend you on one of the most sensible and well presented urban requests to come through in a long time.

Reply #1 Posted: January 09, 2015, 06:38:43 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I would like to see this done to be honest. I have never heard of such a thing happen in my 16 years of tf.

I will discuss with suca and we will go from there.

Reply #2 Posted: January 09, 2015, 11:51:48 am

Offline adamm

• I Posted!
  • adamm has no influence.
Sure thing, I know how its done and I can replicate it if needed.

Reply #3 Posted: January 09, 2015, 01:38:22 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Sure thing, I know how its done and I can replicate it if needed.

Kinda begs the question did you know about this before it happened on our servers and you were banned?

if you had known about it and know how to replicate it and were then doing it on our servers and got banned then i down have much remorse as you knowingly used an exploit with prior knowledge it was an exploit and that it was against our T&C and rules for our servers.

Reply #4 Posted: January 09, 2015, 02:34:50 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Intentional using a glitch is generally a permanent ban.

Reply #5 Posted: January 09, 2015, 02:51:52 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Indeed - but I vote to look passed this given:

1: he admitted it
2: has implied he is willing to work with the GS team to stop this in the future
3: wrote an unban request that was written in well mannered english

Reply #6 Posted: January 09, 2015, 02:54:49 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Indeed - but I vote to look passed this given:

1: he admitted it
2: has implied he is willing to work with the GS team to stop this in the future
3: wrote an unban request that was written in well mannered english

I agree to overlook it considering his willingness to work with admins and the best urban request in ages, and not a single swear word in site.

Reply #7 Posted: January 09, 2015, 03:04:43 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Valid points, but if he is unbanned it should be on a "permanent last warning" sort of basis.

Reply #8 Posted: January 09, 2015, 03:48:07 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
agree to all of the above

also noting that now there is a ban in place, an auto ban watch is also set already.

When my ban admin, suca, is available we will look at this together and record a demo of it.

Please add me on steam to go further with this issue. (gutty0)

Reply #9 Posted: January 09, 2015, 03:54:53 pm

Offline Suca

• Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.Suca is on the verge of being accepted.
After much discussion with Adam, Gutty and myself this matter has been resolved.

The makers of hale already know of the issue.

Reply #10 Posted: January 11, 2015, 03:48:57 pm