Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529747
tbh I did google it and retract my previous comments :)

Looks mean and angry again like the 04-06 bike.

You should do a build post of all the yummy HRC bits going on :)

Are there any new features this year?

I will try and update as I do it. I will be putting bits and pieces on the race facebook page as well (linky above). Problem being I source alot of my bits from Italy and they have just shut down for hte summer till the 25th, hopefully my Exhaust (Arrow) and my suspension (Bitubo) are on their way before this happened.

Acula, good luck with the test.

Reply #100 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:27:45 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
I will try and update as I do it. I will be putting bits and pieces on the race facebook page as well (linky above). Problem being I source alot of my bits from Italy and they have just shut down for hte summer till the 25th, hopefully my Exhaust (Arrow) and my suspension (Bitubo) are on their way before this happened.

Reply #101 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:26:26 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529747
tbh I did google it and retract my previous comments :)

Looks mean and angry again like the 04-06 bike.

You should do a build post of all the yummy HRC bits going on :)

Are there any new features this year?

Reply #102 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:27:27 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: frankytanky;1529764

Reply #103 Posted: August 10, 2013, 08:54:18 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
35/35 for my Theory - I officially has learner bike licence.

Now all I need is bike

bikebikebikebikebikebike

Reply #104 Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:27:14 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Now all I need is bike

bikebikebikebikebikebike

Reply #105 Posted: August 10, 2013, 10:26:42 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
And some fucking decent weather :<

Reply #106 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:31:30 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1529776

Now all I need is bike

bikebikebikebikebikebike

Reply #107 Posted: August 10, 2013, 07:19:39 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529754
Nice!

Was that your first go at re-ing it?

Yea man, she pretty much shot through straight away, first time. Had to take the rear drum break off and measure to get that 'certified' which was a pain. I mean come on, the entire bike is bone stock and only ridden for about a month in 2002 before it was stolen, recovered and sat for a good 6-7 years, only 1400km and they needed to certify the stock, genuine Suzuki drum brake -___- Oh well, it's sorted now, BSH next week with a bit more practice at a car park this week and I'll be on the road :D

Edit: Cheers, Franky and Pyro, for the luck. Hopefully I won't need it, I've practiced a decent amount now with a decent instructor/mechanic(my girlfriends dad) who even he said that he's impressed with capabilities on my bike.
Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:59:43 pm by Dr. Acula

Reply #108 Posted: August 10, 2013, 09:50:01 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Out of interest, did u measure the brakes or did you have to get a shop?

Reply #109 Posted: August 11, 2013, 07:00:28 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1529792

Deposit paid for Bike - 1996 Honda Hornet 250 cc

Reply #110 Posted: August 11, 2013, 02:07:29 pm

Offline Pyromanik

looks nice.

Reply #111 Posted: August 11, 2013, 05:47:30 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Quote from: frankytanky;1529799
Out of interest, did u measure the brakes or did you have to get a shop?

Had to pull the rear brake off and measure the entire thing, it had practically zero wear and was as clean as new. So that was an annoyance, having to pick it up from the shop, go get them measured then bring the bike back. Especially because on the way back to the shop, going round a corner a strap slipped and the bike fell over, causing a dent in the tank. That kinda sucked but it's not too bad, so should be easily fixable.

Reply #112 Posted: August 12, 2013, 01:47:57 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:12:55 pm by deanox

Reply #113 Posted: August 12, 2013, 05:08:38 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I lold.

Ram reminds me so much of a cat I know.

Just not as fierce.

Thank god he's mellowed with age.

Reply #114 Posted: August 12, 2013, 10:51:01 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Ladies and Gentlemen.

I have now joined the 2 wheel brotherhood:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=621261016

Is my new Horse of Steel.

have ridden it on the roads - and fuck me sideways that is addictive.

Would like to say a massive massive thanks to all the users that gave advise in this thread, unfortunately the Rep system won't allow me to rep all of you half as much as you deserve - but suffice it to say - you deserve it.

Thanks

-Demon

Reply #115 Posted: August 14, 2013, 06:44:17 am

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Vey nice TDL,iv always had a soft spot for hornets for some reason.

Happy & safe riding!

Reply #116 Posted: August 14, 2013, 06:49:30 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Nice! Just remember to keep the head on a swivel and watch out for idiots in cars!

Reply #117 Posted: August 14, 2013, 06:54:32 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
nice, hope you have decent gear to go with it. I hope to christ your not riding without helmet gloves boots pants and jacket.
Not to sound like a dick but ive seen some horrific shit from not wearing protection.
Where in auckland are you?
Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:11:25 am by playerB

Reply #118 Posted: August 14, 2013, 10:57:34 am
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1529923
nice, hope you have decent gear to go with it. I hope to christ your not riding without helmet gloves boots pants and jacket.
Not to sound like a dick but ive seen some horrific shit from not wearing protection.

Rev it Riding trousers with Hip and Knee Armour
Kangaroo Leather gloves with Armour
Shoei Helmet
Alpine Star Riding jacket with Shoulder, Elbow, Back, wrist armour
Proper riding boots (with toe and side armour)

Reply #119 Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:21:45 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1529923

Rev it Riding trousers with Hip and Knee Armour
Kangaroo Leather gloves with Armour
Shoei Helmet
Alpine Star Riding jacket with Shoulder, Elbow, Back, wrist armour
Proper riding boots (with toe and side armour)

Reply #120 Posted: August 14, 2013, 11:22:02 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
my man.

Reply #121 Posted: August 14, 2013, 12:40:55 pm
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1529927
my man.

Yep - seen too many retards on the road not to get proper kit.

Am thinking about also getting a morning Star - in case I need to give anyone an impromptu drivers Ed lesson

Reply #122 Posted: August 14, 2013, 01:39:20 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1529928

Am thinking about also getting a morning Star - in case I need to give anyone an impromptu drivers Ed lesson

i used to carry a 5oz fishing sinker in my zip pocket in my leathers for such occasions lol .. they work wonders when trying to get cocksmokin idiot car drivers attention.

Reply #123 Posted: August 14, 2013, 02:47:50 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
This is what my bike looks like now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7944[/ATTACH]

Reply #124 Posted: August 14, 2013, 03:21:53 pm