Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
That was pretty much what I was imagining, but I've never actually seen IPX (only support for it) so I took a random stab in the dark.

FWIW IPX/SPX isn't something you can see, it's a protocol like TCP/IP. You can probably run it over a variety of things but back in the day it was generally used over 10BASE2 or 10BASET (aka Thin Coax or 10mb Cat3)

Reply #22625 Posted: May 24, 2015, 12:45:45 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
It feels so good to find some meaning in life. come on 1000!

Reply #22626 Posted: May 24, 2015, 05:14:19 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

FWIW IPX/SPX isn't something you can see, it's a protocol like TCP/IP.

You mean like the Matrix?

Reply #22627 Posted: May 24, 2015, 07:23:45 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
That was pretty much what I was imagining, but I've never actually seen IPX (only support for it) so I took a random stab in the dark.

FWIW IPX/SPX isn't something you can see, it's a protocol like TCP/IP. You can probably run it over a variety of things but back in the day it was generally used over 10BASE2 or 10BASET (aka Thin Coax or 10mb Cat3)

For the first part, this much is true... and I knew that *feels a tad ashamed*.
I guess I meant more I don't know what kind of connections it was used over, guessed at old tech I had seen (but never managed to use - the parallel cable things), but after a wiki session yeah. Cat3 seems to be what was in the pictures.

Still, good to know.

Reply #22628 Posted: May 24, 2015, 08:21:50 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
It feels so good to find some meaning in life. come on 1000!

And I wouldn't have put you at a day over 60.

Reply #22629 Posted: May 24, 2015, 08:23:21 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Haha,

So a lot of you know that I'm a designer for a specific university.

There's a dude who has written a piece of the Waikato Times, attacking a current ad for my workplaces' 'I AM' campaign. Going balls to the wall about how ***sey has used sexism in this ad in order to sell the place as an education provider - claiming that it's wrong and should not be used in order to promote a tertiary institution. His comments would be fair if the same campaign hadn't already shown a huge amount of diversity in other similar ads - he saw a white, pretty female and cried wolf (a very very creepy wolf. His write up reads like a stalker having a wet dream over her).

The girl in the ad has apparently hit back, claiming the guy who wrote the piece to be sexist himself, ignoring the fact that she is a real human, and wasn't used just as a model, that she has more than what the ad shows, that she is intelligent, strong and is not just some vapid "pixie vixen" (his words). That she is uncomfortable as being judged as just a pretty face. And rightly so.

However her response doesn't reflect well on my workplace when a few of her photos show her partially naked, posing with campus signs.

Not linking names or articles so this stays out of Google search terms...
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:08:04 pm by Retardobot

Reply #22630 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:17:01 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
This will show up in Joogle, I'd remove the name of the university from your post.

Now that's said, how much can you fuck with students at the certain campus you work at?

Reply #22631 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:38:54 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Short of photoshopping dickbutts in photos - nothing really.

Reply #22632 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:45:57 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Haha,

There's a dude who has written a piece of the Waikato Times, attacking a current ad in the Massey's I AM campaign. Going balls to the wall about how Massey has used sexism in this ad in order to sell Massey as an education provider - claiming that it's wrong and should not be used in order to promote a tertiary institution. His comments would be fair if the same campaign hadn't already shown a huge amount of diversity in other similar ads - he saw a white, pretty female and cried wolf (a very very creepy wolf. His write up reads like a stalker having a wet dream over her).

The girl in the ad has apparently hit back, claiming the guy who wrote the piece to be sexist himself, ignoring the fact that she is a real human, and wasn't used just as a model, that she has more than what the ad shows, that she is intelligent, strong and is not just some vapid "pixie vixen" (his words). This is all very well and good for her to come out and stand up for herself, that she is uncomfortable with being judged as just a pretty face.

Until you look at her very public Facebook profile - multiple photos of her getting her tits out on and off Massey campus.

Not really.. Unless she's removed some none of them actually SHOW her naked tits. Just her back etc.

Also I'm mildly surprised at you posting what comes across as a bit of a slut shaming post, because even if she does have pics of her with her tits out, how does that in any way mean void what she's saying about not being judged by her looks?

Reply #22633 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:46:03 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Really? Slut shaming?

You reached mach 3 in your knee jerk.
Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:50:20 pm by Retardobot

Reply #22634 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:48:19 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Maybe not what you intended, but that's how it read to me.. Hence my comment because that seemed out of character.

Reply #22635 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:52:51 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Wasn't intending slut shaming. Perhaps I should re-word.

The guy who wrote the original piece on the ad is who I believe is kicking up a fuss over nothing. His original story reads like a massive creep-fest.

Reply #22636 Posted: May 26, 2015, 02:54:50 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Wasn't intending slut shaming. Perhaps I should re-word.

The guy who wrote the original piece on the ad is who I believe is kicking up a fuss over nothing. His original story reads like a massive creep-fest.

The last sentence Until you look at her very public Facebook profile - multiple photos of her getting her tits out on and off campus. Kinda gives the impression Lias has commented on. Not sure if rustling jimmies over the sleeze criticising the advert? Or trying to open debate on the girl's response relative to other photography work that can be deemed titillating?

Reply #22637 Posted: May 26, 2015, 03:00:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Understood. Have reworded my post.

Reply #22638 Posted: May 26, 2015, 03:02:02 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Short of photoshopping dickbutts in photos - nothing really.
Shame it is; big plans I had.

Reply #22639 Posted: May 26, 2015, 03:42:09 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Lias

• Administrator
I still <3 you retardo

Do you want pics of my tits in front of a university sign? :-P

Reply #22640 Posted: May 26, 2015, 04:05:40 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
PS Xeno I can do all sorts of things to our students.. I'd almost certainly lose my job, become even more unemployable and get arrested but I could do them :-P

Oh wait you don't mean like that.. Meh still applies :-P

Reply #22641 Posted: May 26, 2015, 04:06:54 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I still <3 you retardo

Do you want pics of my tits in front of a university sign? :-P

Mrs. might get upset that I have pics of someone that has bigger and hairier tits than her.

Better send me a dick pic instead, just to be safe.

Reply #22642 Posted: May 26, 2015, 04:29:32 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Better send me a dick pic instead, just to be safe.

8==================D

Reply #22643 Posted: May 26, 2015, 05:09:42 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Haha,

There's a dude who has written a piece of the Waikato Times, attacking a current ad for my workplaces' 'I AM' campaign. Going balls to the wall about how ***sey has used sexism in this ad in order to sell the place as an education provider - claiming that it's wrong and should not be used in order to promote a tertiary institution. His comments would be fair if the same campaign hadn't already shown a huge amount of diversity in other similar ads - he saw a white, pretty female and cried wolf (a very very creepy wolf. His write up reads like a stalker having a wet dream over her).

The girl in the ad has apparently hit back, claiming the guy who wrote the piece to be sexist himself, ignoring the fact that she is a real human, and wasn't used just as a model, that she has more than what the ad shows, that she is intelligent, strong and is not just some vapid "pixie vixen" (his words). That she is uncomfortable as being judged as just a pretty face. And rightly so.

However her response doesn't reflect well on my workplace when a few of her photos show her partially naked, posing with campus signs.

Whoa, has any body else noticed that

SHE IS WALKING ON WATER??!

Reply #22644 Posted: May 26, 2015, 06:42:55 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I bet she's smart. Hot girls are all smart these days. It's win win for everyone.

Reply #22645 Posted: May 26, 2015, 06:52:49 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Not really.. Unless she's removed some none of them actually SHOW her naked tits. Just her back etc.

Also I'm mildly surprised at you posting what comes across as a bit of a slut shaming post, because even if she does have pics of her with her tits out, how does that in any way mean void what she's saying about not being judged by her looks?

I'd imagine she would have a few photos we can't see (damn.)

But I can see where Rii is coming from. Posting your tits everywhere isn't exactly an intelligent/mature thing to do.

Power to the girls who think otherwise ;)

Reply #22646 Posted: May 27, 2015, 07:03:44 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Posting your tits everywhere isn't exactly an intelligent/mature thing to do.

How come?

Reply #22647 Posted: May 27, 2015, 09:55:12 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Not even going to tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Reply #22648 Posted: May 27, 2015, 10:06:13 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Whoa, has any body else noticed that

SHE IS WALKING ON WATER??!

I didn't think Palmerston North had any water.

Reply #22649 Posted: May 28, 2015, 05:45:54 am