Topic: Achron : Metatime strategy game

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, I played the demo.

The time mechanic is cool and it works. But it lacks in every other RTS department. The graphics are pretty bad, and the units are forgettable.
I think I'll let one a review from Steam speak for this game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/109700/Achron/#app_reviews_hash

Nictater 1.2 hrs
POSTED: 2 FEBRUARY, 2016
Don't be fooled. This game might look interesting with its time travel mechanic, but that's precisely where the interest ends. It might be interesting if an actual good RTS used these mechanics, but instead we have this. It's as if the developpers spent all of their time working on the time travel mechanic and simply ran out of time to make the rest of the game up to par.
However, if you are interested in video game design, then I would in fact recommend this game as a learning experience. Pick it apart, see where it fails, come up with a better system to utilize the time travel mechanic, possibly.

Reply #25 Posted: June 16, 2017, 02:52:31 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Best time travel mechanic was Einstein going back in time and killing Hitler, starting of the alternate timeline of Red Alert.

Reply #26 Posted: June 23, 2017, 11:59:16 am