Topic: Naruto

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1055016
Training to use air type chakra propers.

And something about a dead garra.

Can't remember which came first. But I figure the Anime must be past there by now.

I havent watched the Anime since Garra died. Okay, I'll fill you in (though you are missing out on some absolutely SPECTACULAR fights)
Spoiler :

Rescue Garra Arc
After Jiraiya takes Naruto away for training for a year and a half (he's now 15 in Shippuden) the only thing Naruto learns is:

How to break Genjutsu (which he cant)
Odama Rasengan (the HUGE Rasengan)
A super-awesome new Harem no Jutsu, which is not seen

After his return Naruto and Sakura immediately retake the bell test with Kakashi, which they win. They then become 'Team Kakashi'

The two Akatsuki (the secret organisation) members Deidara and Sasori infiltrate suna gakure no sato to kidnap Garra, who is Kazekage, and extact the ichibi (The One-Tailed Beast)

This is one of the best fights

After Deidara wins the pair leave the sand village and head off to extract the one tail

Team Kakashi is called to the sand village for help. Kankuro follows Deidara and Sasori, but Sasori poisons him and leaves him for dead

Sand Elder Chiyo joins Team Kakashi on their hunt for Garra. Team Gai (Gai, Ten-Ten, Neji, Lee) join them and they split up the search

Both teams are waylaid by the Akatsuki pair Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame. Itachi takes on Team Kakashi and Kisame attacks Team Gai. They are defeated, but it buys the Akatsuki enough time (three days) to extract the ichibi which kills Garra

Too late does Team Kakashi find the hideout. Deidara enrages Naruto by summoning his clay bird and taking the body away. Naruto followed by Kakashi give chase leaving Chiyo and Sakura to face Sasori

One of the best fights ever occurs

Deidara deliberately taunts Naruto, trying to separate him from Kakashi, since Deidara could easily defeat Naruto (and he absolutely hates sharingan users)

Kakashi unleases the Mangekyo Sharingan, destroying one of Deidara's arms. Deidara is unconcerned, but Naruto uses the opportunity to get Garra's body back. Finding Garra completely unresponsive, Naruto loses control of the nine-tails and manifests into the two tailed version, blindly attacking anything nearby

Deidara loses his other arm. Isnt too concerned (cause he's the frickin man)

Kakashi manages to seal the Nine tails and knock out Naruto. Team Gai catches up with them. Deidara attacks all five of them, even though he doesnt have any arms

Sensing he is probably going to lose, Deidara activates his self destruct technique

Kakashi uses the Mangekyo Sharingan to stop the explosion, saving everyone

Both teams head back and are met by the entire village of Sand who have joined the search, but Garra is dead. However: Using her last strength, Chiyo resurrects Garra sacrificing her life in the process

Sasuke Arc
This bit was quite boring so I'll skip practically all of it

Sasuke isnt getting powerful enough fast enough under Orochimaru so decides to kill him. However: Orochimaru attacks him first and tries to take over his body

He fails and Sasuke takes over Orochimaru

Sasuke then goes around taking apart everything that Orochimaru has done, freeing all the captives. He searches for members to make a team powerful enough to attack Itachi (or at least powerful enough to FIND Itachi). To this end he gathers:

Sui - A wannabe Kisame clone
Jugyo - The originator of the Cursed Seals
Karin - Some forgettable random chick

This forms team 'Hebi' (snake)

Hidan and Kakuzu
Two new Akatsuki members are introduced: Hidan (who is immortal) and Kakuzu (who is quasi-immortal)

They accidentally run into Sarutobi Asuma (mentor of Team Nine, Shikamaru's team). Kakuzu recognises Asuma as he has a huge bounty on his head. Asuma is killed by Hidan, but Shikamaru manages to stop them from stealing his body for the bounty.

New Technique: Kaze Shuriken no Jutsu
Naruto discovers that he is a 'wind type' and that his elemental powers are wind based. After being taught about how to properly create jutsu, he manages to create the S-Rank technique by combining Wind with the Rasengan

After Asumas death two teams are called to hunt down and destroy Hidan and Kakuzu: Team Kakashi and Team Asuma (now Shikamaru's team)

A rather spectacular fight occurs including the incredibly rare Shikamaru fights which are always inventive and worth watching

Hidan and Kakuzu are defeated, but Naruto is forbidden from using his technique as it is too dangerous to the user

Reply #50 Posted: January 22, 2010, 09:07:40 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Seeing as this is the most popular anime thread.

Attending my first Cosplay event tomorrow.

Dressed Akiyuki Takehara from Xam'd: Lost Memories.

Reply #51 Posted: January 22, 2010, 09:22:14 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
What happened to Itachi?
Spoiler :
Sasuke vs Deidara: Farewell Deidara
Seemingly by accident: Deidara and Sasuke meet. Sasuke wants information about where to find Itachi. Deidara wants to kill all Sharingan users and would like to practice on Sasuke

Combat in inevitable. The fight is pretty cool and Sasuke escapes by the seat of his pants

Tobi vs Team Kakashi
After Deidara's demise, Tobi (Deidara's new partner after Sasori is killed) stalls team Kakashi and team Kiba. This gives Sasuke enough time to finally track down Itachi

Tobi's fight ends after....

The fight everyone had been waiting for: Itachi vs Sasuke
This fight is pretty amazing

However: Itachi runs out of chakra at the end and dies, even though Sasuke is completely paralysed. Tobi rescues Sasuke while Zetsu retrieves Itachi's eyes and eats the body

Itachi's great lie
Teams Kakashi and Kiba rush to the battle site but are too late

Sasuke wakes to find Tobi tending his wounds. Tobi reveals exactly who he is

Tobi is Uchiha Madara (*cue dramatic music*)

Uchiha Madara is a legendary character, the creator of the Sharingan and the Inzanagi. But the Inzanagi caused him to lose his eyesight which could only be revived by implanting another sharingan users eyes. So, apparently with consent (so he says), he took his brothers eyes.

Uchiha Madara, if you dont know, was the co-creator of Konoha Gakure no Sato (The leaf village). Basically the village became a global super power through the combination of Hashirama Senju (the first Hokage) and Uchiha Madara's abilities

However: The two have a fundamental difference in how they should use their abilities to best effect. Hashirama believes that peace is the best way, Madara believes that only through force can the other villages be made to recognise peace

Hashirama Senju convinces the rest of the Uchiha clan that Madara's way would destroy everything they created and he is thrown out of the clan and village

Madara has a titanic battle with Senju which ends in an unrepairable wound leaving Madara only a shadow (almost literally) of his former self

However....this is about Itachi

It turns out that Itachi had been ordered to kill all the members of the Uchiha clan by the Third Hokage. The Uchiha clan had been planning an uprising against the rest of the village for decades

Itachi most likely did NOT kill Uchiha Shisui, and it was most likely Danzo who killed him.

So: Itachi did the honourable thing for the village and killed every member of his clan except for his little brother

Itachi was a hero

However: Itachi begged everyone to never tell Sasuke about it, because Sasuke (being born into the peaceful facade of the village) would never understand and would blame everything on the village which Itachi swore to protect to the very end

Since Madara tells him this, Sasuke does just that and joins the Akatsuki to destroy the Village of Fire.

Reply #52 Posted: January 22, 2010, 09:29:09 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: RetardoBot;1055051
Seeing as this is the most popular anime thread.

Attending my first Cosplay event tomorrow.

Dressed Akiyuki Takehara from Xam'd: Lost Memories.

I dont know what this is. Links please? :) Or at least a picture (the google images seemed to be mostly girls)

Incidentally: When does a costume stop being a costume? I've been wandering around in my Akatsuki cloak all year

Oh and Pyro: Im going to stop the spoilers right there. Interesting things DO happen, but you MUST read "The meeting of the Kage" manga's

All five kage
One extremely angry Sasuke

And they fight

Reply #53 Posted: January 22, 2010, 09:34:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Akiyuki Takehara:

Playing it safe. First time so I don't feel weird about it.

GF is going as Cooking Mama:

Our dog is being dressed up as well.

Reply #54 Posted: January 22, 2010, 09:40:12 pm

Offline Phlex

• Addicted
  • Phlex has no influence.
Wow I made this thread? I fucking hate anime/manga lol :D

Masssssssssssssssssive necro

Reply #55 Posted: January 22, 2010, 10:11:35 pm

Offline [tsw].Forsaken

• Just settled in
  • [tsw].Forsaken has no influence.
manga>anime

I get them at http://www.mangastream.com

I also get the spoilers at

http://naruto-spoilers.blogspot.com/

another good one is Bleach. Different style but I also enjoy it. A bit more dark and blood.

Reply #56 Posted: January 23, 2010, 12:31:23 am

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
  • nz_wing has no influence.
Going to dye your hair black Rii?

Btw Mirai Bikki is the best manga eva, you should give it as read.

Reply #57 Posted: January 23, 2010, 12:52:18 am

XBL GT: kazzaWing

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: nz_wing;1055158
Going to dye your hair black Rii?

Btw Mirai Bikki is the best manga eva, you should give it as read.

It's already a VERY dark brown. So I think I should be alright.

Reply #58 Posted: January 23, 2010, 12:53:03 am

Offline G0DZ1LA

• Devoted Member
  • G0DZ1LA has no influence.
the next manga should be pretty sweet :D cant wait

Reply #59 Posted: January 23, 2010, 01:14:02 am

[BW] D3ADZ1LA.... G0DZ1LA was taken :(

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Tiwa:
Thanks for all that. Turns out I had read the majority of your 'part 1' update.
Right up to the part where I was in the middle of the shika fight to kill the so called 'immortal' chap.

Good to know the rest. Sasuke fucks me off. Useless twit.

Quote from: RetardoBot;1055159
It's already a VERY dark brown. So I think I should be alright.

Yeh. It's about dressing up as, not turning into. IMO.

Quote from: Phlex;1055087
Wow I made this thread? I fucking hate anime/manga lol :D

Masssssssssssssssssive necro

Oh jeepers. Gidday.
Guess you though that this might be the one that changed your mind.
Also guess that your initial thoughts weren't enough to sway your underlying thoughts towards the style.
Oh well, hehe.

Reply #60 Posted: January 23, 2010, 01:17:08 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Invisty

• Addicted
  • Invisty has no influence.
So is this any different to dragon ball Z or is it basically the same because it looks the same to me, what with the art style being identical along with the characters and everything.

Reply #61 Posted: January 23, 2010, 02:03:06 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
well, more different than you make it out to be, but essentially; no.

Reply #62 Posted: January 23, 2010, 02:13:21 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Pyromanik;1055224
well, more different than you make it out to be, but essentially; no.

Dragonball Z does not have anyone who looks, acts or is as cool as Shikamaru

Shikamaru makes Naruto great

Reply #63 Posted: January 23, 2010, 07:48:43 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Pokemon ftw

Reply #64 Posted: January 23, 2010, 08:36:40 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
only kids watch cartoons

Reply #65 Posted: January 23, 2010, 08:40:44 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Simon_NZ;1055265
only kids watch cartoons

Only kids watch movies based on graphic novels Comic Books

Reply #66 Posted: January 23, 2010, 08:50:34 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: '[tsw
.Forsaken;1055148']I also get the spoilers at

http://naruto-spoilers.blogspot.com/

another good one is Bleach. Different style but I also enjoy it. A bit more dark and blood.

Cripes that naruto-spoilers website is horrible. Do those people even read or watch the manga? That link deserves to go into the conspiracy theory thread

Bleech. Bleach. A workmate gave me all the anime and I watched them (bleech Bounto) up til the Vizards. Then I stopped because I thought they were fillers

Caught up with the manga to find that they were NOT fillers and, worse, they're actually major characters in the universe!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1055188
Sasuke fucks me off. Useless twit

Spoiler :
Spoiler is so huge I spoilered it twice. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO DATE
Spoiler :

If he's killed Karin, then I'll be so angry. Personally I think Sasuke is avenging Itachi by killing everyone who knows about Itachi's true motives behind killing the clan

Quote from: Invisty;1055212
So is this any different to dragon ball Z or is it basically the same because it looks the same to me, what with the art style being identical along with the characters and everything.

Okay, for starters: I *loved* Dragon Ball growing up. Growing up with lots of chinese people, and unlike the embryos today, the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z was totally uncensored (the old 1980's European version)

Dragon Ball Z dragged on though. GT was just shit

The reason why Naruto and DBZ look so similar is obvious: Kishimoto Masashi, the creator of Naruto, was a huge fan of Dragon Ball

However: Looks aside the two are completely different. DB is about Goku, Naruto is NOT about Naruto (not until Shippuden, that is). Naruto is an epic tale which features a minor character called Naruto. The major characters in Naruto are:

Uchiha Sasuke: The only surviving member of the Uchiha clan, a clan of power ninjas who used dojutsu ('eye techniques') called Sharingan to cast illusions and mimic any ability used by an opponent. The Uchiha clan was totally wiped out by Sasukes older brother, Itachi. Itachi left Sasuke alive for unknown reasons. 12 year old Sasuke is the most powerful of all the low level ninjas

Hatake Kakashi: The most mysterious Ninja in the village. One of his eyes is a Sharingan eye. He is also world reknowned with the nickname 'Copy Ninja Kakashi' who has copied over 1000 techniques. He is the next in line to be Hokage

Sarutobi Hiruzen (Third Hokage): The leader of Narutos home village is known as the 'Hokage' ('Great Shadow') and is the Third Hokage, the fourth Hokage having died ten years previously in battle. The Hokage is a title and a rank meaning they are the most powerful ninja in the village. Sarutobi has been the leader for almost 50 years

Each adventure in Naruto is an 'arc'. The first arc being the formation of Team Seven (Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura under Kakashi)

The story of Naruto starts off quite slow but ends up being unbelievably awesome and incredibly involving. Somehow it has never gotten old (Its been six years since I started watching it) and is always inventive and unpredictable.

The fact that it has been the number 1 anime in Japan ever since its release should be a good measure of its impact. The fact that kids yell "Akatsuki! Itachi rules!" whenever I wander around in my Akatsuki cloak (which is whenever I leave the house) always surprises me

Unlike DBZ, the writer of Naruto wont get contractually forced into continuing the story long after all the lose ends got tied

Reply #67 Posted: February 03, 2010, 04:15:39 pm

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
There's DBZ Kai now. A much more refined series of the Dragon Ball Z series. It basically cuts out all the crap and drag along episodes and gets right down to the action, its scheduled for 100 episodes, unlike DBZ which had over 200.

Naruto is overrated IMO. There are many more great anime's out there that surpass Naruto in many and all ways.

Reply #68 Posted: February 03, 2010, 08:48:41 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: nz_wing;1062924
Naruto is overrated IMO. There are many more great anime's out there that surpass Naruto in many and all ways.

Such as? I've still got time to waste before classes start up again!

For example: One of my favourites is Ergo Proxy, but it ends. It also has some episodes which phone it in (that game show one for instance)

And do the Naruto slayers have an end? Naruto most assuredly has an end, Kishimoto has confirmed it repeatedly.

One of the biggest problems with DB:Z was that once you hit "Power Rating: One Million!", you couldnt go any higher. But they did, becoming more and more ridiculous

Although you have amazingly powerful characters in Naruto, they're 'different' more than 'one more power rating than you'. The five kage for instance or Itachi and Jiraiya

Plus the characters themselves are pretty well fleshed out (minus TenTen) and there are plenty to go around AND it deals with two incredibly important themes:

"Is violence an acceptable means to do good?"
"How much harm is 'too much' for the sake of peace?"

Reply #69 Posted: February 03, 2010, 10:02:24 pm

Offline loBlackhawk

• I Posted!
  • loBlackhawk has no influence.
Does anyone know where i can download all of the naruto shippuden episodes that has been english Dubbed?

Reply #70 Posted: February 03, 2010, 10:58:49 pm
{G.P} loBlackhawk

Senor Whoopie

Offline nz_wing

• Devoted Member
How is not having an ending to an anime not good? If anything, it's the anime''s that span less than 100 episodes that are usually the best ones, not the ones that span 200+,
ala One Piece, Bleach and Naruto.

The character evolution is a joke compared to other anime's character development plots. Naruto is good, but not great in terms of what's out there.

Character development - Death Note/ Code Geass/ Clannad (After Story)
Fighting Scenes - Code Geass/ Darker Than Black/ Fate Stay Night/ Full Metal Alchemist, and i could go on.
Theme and meaning - Clannad (After Story)/ Ghost in the Shell/ Honey and Clover/ Jin Roh (movie)/ 5cm per second (movie)/ Grave of the Fireflies (movie)

Reply #71 Posted: February 04, 2010, 01:31:44 am

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: loBlackhawk;1063005
english Dubbed?

you what?

Reply #72 Posted: February 04, 2010, 09:10:28 am

Offline loBlackhawk

• I Posted!
  • loBlackhawk has no influence.
Dubbed on Subbed

Reply #73 Posted: February 04, 2010, 10:36:13 am
{G.P} loBlackhawk

Senor Whoopie