Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Great race.

Hopefully Ferrari can keep it together development wise and keep the car going strong, same with Lotus. Nice to see Alonso finally have a car that can produce results with ferrari.  

As much as I dislike Redbull, it looks Webber won't be renewing his contract with them this year, giving Kimi a chance to move in. I believe Kimi has got a far better chance with RB to win a championship than Lotus, but its still tough considering the obvious bias in the team(more so from Marko) towards Vettel. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist but you can't help but look at Webber and think the team may have done a few things to help Vettels progress whilst effecting Webbers chances.

Regardless it looks as though this year is going to be a great championship, with Ferrari having a car that can push for the championship for the first time in a few years. Mercedes looking strong as long as they can keep up with the developments through the season. Lotus looking again like a front running with Kimi, and Red Bull at this stage not looking as though they will run away with the championship with a massively dominant car as they have the past few years.

Will be very interesting to see how this season will pan out.

My picks, Alonso to take the championship, Kimi 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Hamilton 4th.

*edit in response to Zarkov.

I had picked Vettel to be a top driver and had supported him back when he was at toro rosso and originally moved to Red Bull. But they way he has acted over the past couple of seasons my opinion of him has drastically changed. He is still a great driver(anyone that has won 3 WDC regardless of how dominant the car is, is still a top driver) but he is very childish and needs to be put in his place. I believe the reason he is the way he is, is mainly because of how dominant the car has been and he believes he is one of the greatest drivers ever in F1, which is far from right. I think this showed in the last race when he defied team orders and passed Webber believing he had the right, which showed to be the case when he told the Media that he didnt understand the orders over the radio to hold position. He reminds me of a spoiled 10yo kid thinking he has a right to whatever he wants, and hopefully this season someone like Alonso can show him how its done.

I would of loved to have seen Alonso win the WDC last year in a car that clearly for half the season was a mile off the pace, this year he has a car worthy of his skills to show what he can achieve.
Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:55:07 am by pyro

Reply #725 Posted: April 15, 2013, 02:44:42 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Bring back senna....

Even zombie senna would still drive better than some of these hobos.

Reply #726 Posted: April 15, 2013, 08:22:42 am

Offline Ninja

• Just settled in
  • Ninja has no influence.
"Bring Back Senna"

hells yes, im just picturing how the "bad boys" like grosjean or maldonado would stack up.

on the season though ive never really been a ferrari fan, i personally would really like to see hamilton win, his and nicos pace has been pretty impressive and seems to be getting better.
i would like to see kimi win a few more just cause the press conference is hilarious

and vettel? he can fuck off... we saw last year that when his car wasn't competitive neither was he, i really want to see him put in his place.

Reply #727 Posted: April 16, 2013, 05:07:36 pm
Ninja! We Own The Night!

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
By way of resurrecting this thread I would like to declare "FUCK YOU VETTEL YOU LITTLE FUCK".

That is all.

Reply #728 Posted: January 22, 2014, 01:08:52 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Ninja

• Just settled in
  • Ninja has no influence.
yes indeed arsey...

Reply #729 Posted: January 22, 2014, 01:12:24 pm
Ninja! We Own The Night!