Topic: Storm started

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
Quote from: Scream;1311173
Welcome to GetSome, pun network.

When it rains, it puns

Not much going on in east aucks atm.. bit o wind, bit o rain, then it stopped.. still a little breezy but not bad.

As Dee said had a moment of sideways rain (This shit was blowing down our driveway and under our deck through the carport, was epic)

Reply #25 Posted: September 18, 2010, 01:54:02 am

Offline Anaraith

• Addicted
  • Anaraith has no influence.
In Welly about 40 mins ago it was freaken windy. After walking in wind for 20mins it died and is pretty calm now :D

Reply #26 Posted: September 18, 2010, 03:20:45 am
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Pokemon arent real but they should be.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I'm man enough to admit that I was awake in my bed half the night worrying that the huge trees outside my house were going to fall on me. That was some STRONG WIND!

Didn't help having no power :(

Reply #27 Posted: September 18, 2010, 04:32:40 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Berg was powerless?

Reply #28 Posted: September 18, 2010, 07:10:00 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1311160
There be thunder and lightning, and lots of rain.

How is it in your part of the country?
There was thunder and lightning at 6am (it woke me up)

But there is snow everywhere. It was snowing last night but was too dark to take any good pictures. Speaking of pictures, here are a few:

Reply #29 Posted: September 18, 2010, 07:20:44 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Have woken up to beautiful and sunny, clear blue sky in the Hutt valley.

Am wondering if this is the eye of the storm? Or did our bogans scare the storm away?

Reply #30 Posted: September 18, 2010, 07:45:51 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
The weather people are hyping this shit to the extreme. Though it doesn't help when tvnz decide that they should have a little bit of news with their hour of weather. :(

Reply #31 Posted: September 18, 2010, 08:14:54 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Beautiful sunny morning here now, off to Tauranga for some retail therapy later!
:)

Reply #32 Posted: September 18, 2010, 08:18:11 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Nice and sunny today.

Probably should go outside and clean the front of the house.

Reply #33 Posted: September 18, 2010, 08:57:52 am

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Quote from: BeNZene;1311359

Am wondering if this is the eye of the storm? Or did our bogans scare the storm away?

Just had a big downpour and house shaking gusts of wind. Clearly the bogans have failed.

Reply #34 Posted: September 18, 2010, 08:59:15 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bigROBOTbill;1311364
Beautiful sunny morning here now, off to Tauranga for some retail therapy later!
:)
I think I'll go wandering around and take pictures of the city covered in snow!

Reply #35 Posted: September 18, 2010, 09:04:13 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Oh you're lucky Tiwa. I wish I lived down south :)

Reply #36 Posted: September 18, 2010, 09:50:40 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I was unimpressed

I thought it was going to be a big storm, was little more than a wet fart

Reply #37 Posted: September 18, 2010, 10:55:36 am

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
Wind feels gooooddd.

Reply #38 Posted: September 18, 2010, 11:06:49 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
It so windy. And for some reason my neighbour thinks this is the perfect time to cut the hedge next to our house, which is blowing shit everywhere.

Reply #39 Posted: September 18, 2010, 11:09:57 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Manukau Heads (wind only)

at 12:00pm Saturday 18 September 2010
Wind Speed: 83km/h
Wind Direction: NW
Humidity:

It's definitely windy.

Reply #40 Posted: September 18, 2010, 12:10:00 pm

Offline Nyan

• Addicted
  • Nyan has no influence.
Windy and cold as fuck.

Reply #41 Posted: September 18, 2010, 02:23:34 pm

Offline Bane

• Addicted
  • Bane has no influence.
the 25m tall poplar tree behind our neighbors house fell over onto someone elses house, other than that, uneventful

Reply #42 Posted: September 18, 2010, 04:31:29 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Snowed here a couple of hours ago, only for a few minutes though.

Reply #43 Posted: September 18, 2010, 04:42:10 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Quote from: BeNZene;1311359

You in the Hutt Valley Benz! Should meet and have a beer/sex. :P

Reply #44 Posted: September 18, 2010, 04:53:03 pm
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mattnz;1311483
Snowed here a couple of hours ago, only for a few minutes though.
In Pallet Town?

Reply #45 Posted: September 18, 2010, 05:45:27 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Dunedin :P

Reply #46 Posted: September 18, 2010, 06:05:19 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
[video]cHzOG4mJ0PA[/video]

Reply #47 Posted: September 18, 2010, 09:27:29 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: camy205;1311380
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1311373
I think I'll go wandering around and take pictures of the city covered in snow!
Oh you're lucky Tiwa. I wish I lived down south :)
After five hours of wandering around I got 166 pictures of the South City and City Central. There was snow everywhere, snowmen (and snow women) and snow fights on every street. I havent sorted them all out, but I've got five of the best ones below.

There is even a video on youtube (the article on stuff.co.nz) where a guy puts a camera on his remote controlled helicopter showing all the snow everywhere.

Apparently it is going to snow again tonight so there will be even more snow around tomorrow. You may have noticed that I have been saying 'snow' a lot. That is because everywhere has snow. Stadium Southlands roof and Windsor New Worlds roof has collapsed due to the weight of the snow.

The snow movers didnt appear to be out in force. The inner city was just a muddy, snowy wet mess.

Also: Invercargill drivers are incredibly bad. I counted over 15 accidents when I was walking around South City and at least 5 people crashing into parked cars in City Central. However: It was hilarious watching people turn a normally straight forward parking lot into a permanent grid lock.

There was also one car with a snow man built on it. It drove past me before I could get a picture of it, which disappointed me greatly.

Reply #48 Posted: September 18, 2010, 09:51:44 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
^
Apparently your stadium collapsed under the weight of snow. Ouch.

We've just finished a great display of thunder and lightening. Great to watch through the window from the warmth of bed.

Reply #49 Posted: September 18, 2010, 10:02:09 pm