Topic: DayZ General Chat

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Just had to repost this from reddit, for those of you who don't read reddit:

"Me walking around in dayz , just started out, no gun. I then chill on a bridge, look around. I suddenly hear over local mic 'hatchetman gonna gitcha'. I fucking run like hell under the bridge. Hear clinking boots on the bridge above me. I then hear 'where you go boy, I need to wet my axe'. Fucking stay under there for nearly 10 minutes before crawling out. I look around all paranoid like for the next 10 minutes. No sign of the guy.
That is by far the most terrified I have ever been in a game."

Reply #275 Posted: June 23, 2012, 01:45:46 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
Classic. Hatchets are so cool now, run into house, turn and chop. Just a shame they force your primary into the backback and lose all your ammo in the process (still bitter)

Reply #276 Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:00:21 am
- badfox

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1490623
Hang in there dude, rocket is experimenting with all sorts at this point in the Alpha.

If you want an easy run, roll back to 1.601 (if you can find a server) and get the hang of it like the rest of us.
I think they are still available here http://www.shacknews.com/file/31794/arma-2-combined-operations-dayz-alpha-1601

Finally feel like I'm getting the hang of this game. Survivor has been alive for a day now, got a lee enfield and a makarov with heaps of ammo, 4 or 5 bandages, a can of sardines and 4 full bottles of water. Now I'm beginning to see the beauty of this game. Really enjoying it.

Reply #277 Posted: June 23, 2012, 12:36:57 pm

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
  • Warcrimes has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1491133
'hatchetman gonna gitcha'.."

XD to much

Reply #278 Posted: June 23, 2012, 02:37:43 pm
Kookynic - "facebook, it\'s a Pokédex for people"

Offline Warcrimes

• Just settled in
  • Warcrimes has no influence.
Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;1491133
'hatchetman gonna gitcha'.."

XD to much

Reply #279 Posted: June 23, 2012, 02:38:08 pm
Kookynic - "facebook, it\'s a Pokédex for people"

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
Yeah, a Lee Enfield is fine if you never fire it.

Reply #280 Posted: June 23, 2012, 02:38:01 pm

Obble

Quote from: Virus.;1491167

It's actually an amazing gun in the right situations, just those situations are very infrequent.

Reply #281 Posted: June 23, 2012, 02:39:38 pm

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Way to burst my bubble team! Haha, yea found out the drawback of the Lee Enfield the first time I pulled the trigger.

Upgraded to an AK now, and a colt 1911. Awesome fun.

Reply #282 Posted: June 23, 2012, 04:01:17 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
DayZ - Do want! Don't have time to get it and axe smash zombies though :/ Maybe around August

Reply #283 Posted: June 23, 2012, 04:17:15 pm

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Quote from: Virus.;1491167

ye, I concur with this, its a fucking zombie magnet.

Reply #284 Posted: June 23, 2012, 04:19:14 pm

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
After a few install niggles and pissing around mapping keys to G13, I jump into a GetSome server.

I'm beached, its dark, and I cant work out how to even activate my flashlight.....

A survivor suddenly comes sprinting right past me, with torch flashing wildly as he runs. Hordes of zombies trail him like a end scene of a Benny Hill show. I am dazed and confused as they dog-pile me and the guy disappears into the night. Welcome to DayZ!
I shrug it off and load in again. Spawn in the sea, swim ashore and meet a guy holding an axe on the beach. Tell him I'm a friendly, weaponless noob..........'WHACK, WHACK' and I am murdered.

Thought, fuck this, grabbed a box of piss out of the fridge and went and watched the rugby test. Will try again when its daylight on the servers to even stand a chance of progressing and learning this game! :topsy_turvy:

Reply #285 Posted: June 24, 2012, 08:49:15 am

Obble

^
fweindlies in cherno?

Reply #286 Posted: June 24, 2012, 09:45:26 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Hehe axemurdering on the beach

Reply #287 Posted: June 24, 2012, 11:18:22 am

Offline MindRiotNz

• Just settled in
  • MindRiotNz has no influence.
Had the best first experience tbh.

Running through forest for ages with torch. See little township and decide it'd be an awesome idea to run through it. End up running for a couple km chased by 6 or so zombies. (Seriously felt like I ran for 10 mins). Until I hit a barn, inside is another survivor who tells me to get up the stairs and proceeds to save my ass hard. He gives me food/water and a gun and is a general GC. Proceeds to show me around and how things work, controls etc.

Best first play tutorial ever.

Reply #288 Posted: June 24, 2012, 11:30:06 am

"The internet is not something that you just dump something on. It\'s not a big truck. It\'s, it\'s a series of tubes."

Offline Th3.Dud3.Abid3s

• Just settled in
  • Th3.Dud3.Abid3s has no influence.
Quote from: Obble;1491218
^
fweindlies in cherno?

Nah Bob, spawned far bottom left of map, no structures even in sight.....:hopelessness:

Vow to sober up and get off the beaches today. Hopefully the suns up!

Reply #289 Posted: June 24, 2012, 11:36:30 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.

Reply #290 Posted: June 24, 2012, 07:49:45 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
Haha had a cool experience today, finally found some other survivors and we ran around for a bit, until one of them disconnected and we ended up with no guns against a bunch of zombies.

Reply #291 Posted: June 24, 2012, 08:29:52 pm

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Ran from one side of the map to the other for 2 hours, got hit and fainted by a rogue zombie passed out while they ate my guts...FML

Reply #292 Posted: June 25, 2012, 12:36:15 am

Offline Cdr

• Just settled in
  • Cdr has no influence.
Today has been a pretty rubbish day for our group.

Lost my AS50 due to some bad inventory management on my part - dropped on ground, think a tree ate it.

Almost got capped in a supermarket while looking at my map, thankfully a mate was just behind me and was able to shoot the guy before he got me.

2 of our group got killed at the NW airfield, first guy was killed in a horrible friendly fire incident (note to him : Comms are there for a reason), and then the 2nd guy got killed while guarding the first blokes body. Lost a mk48, NVGs, GPS.

They then both spawned at the Elektro, fixed a car up, drove north to Vybor to meet up with the rest of us and promptly got killed by a guy with a DMR (who we then killed).

Overall, bad day out for the IPT boys.

Reply #293 Posted: June 25, 2012, 01:25:54 am

Offline Mev

• I Posted!
  • Mev has no influence.
Congratu-fucking-lations to which ever lucky bastards found my group of fives camp on NZ10...

Full truck (200 Slot inventory space truck, full of top notch gear, helicopter site loot, etc, L85 w/nightvision + thermals, M4 CCO SD's, MK 48, M240, M107, FN FAL w/Thermals, about 2 GPS, several nightvisions...

About 5 tents full of similar gear, tents, like 5 of every car part, another NVG or two + GPS, basic supplies, tonnes of DMR + Stanag SD ammo, All ammo for all the guns and more listed in the truck and more :P

And then you drove off with it all and squashed all our tents, bastards :concern:

You now have the biggest goldmine of a base to find, hopefully we will hunt you down when everybody is back online. :suspicion:

All happened while two of us were out on heli site runs and destroying kids in stary.

WELL PLAYED...

Reply #294 Posted: June 25, 2012, 01:56:27 am

Offline weap0nX

• Just settled in
  • weap0nX has no influence.
Quote from: Mev;1491306
Congratu-$#@!ing-lations to which ever lucky bastards found my group of fives camp on NZ10...

Full truck (200 Slot inventory space truck, full of top notch gear, helicopter site loot, etc, L85 w/nightvision + thermals, M4 CCO SD's, MK 48, M240, M107, FN FAL w/Thermals, about 2 GPS, several nightvisions...

About 5 tents full of similar gear, tents, like 5 of every car part, another NVG or two + GPS, basic supplies, tonnes of DMR + Stanag SD ammo, All ammo for all the guns and more listed in the truck and more :P

And then you drove off with it all and squashed all our tents, bastards :concern:

You now have the biggest goldmine of a base to find, hopefully we will hunt you down when everybody is back online. :suspicion:

All happened while two of us were out on heli site runs and destroying kids in stary.

WELL PLAYED...

lol'd. BL son

yo riot, we will have to jump on together soonish

Reply #295 Posted: June 25, 2012, 10:08:58 am
dayZ IGN - B-rad

Offline EuphoricBliss

• Devoted Member
  • EuphoricBliss has no influence.
our groups camp got raided on nz10 yesterday also.... They took our military offroad vehicle filled to the brim with high tier loot (m4 SD/50 cal sniper rifle/FN Fal etc)

The loss of vehicle is really the only biggie... We can re-dupe all the items we lost anyway. :/

Reply #296 Posted: June 25, 2012, 10:24:26 am
Quote from:
I\'mma smash you IRL, buddy. You better finnish up that line cause you\'re gonna need to be in another state of mind to deal with the pain once I\'m done with you.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Hah, must have been shocker day on NZ10.
After surviving for 5 days through all the shitty patches got a RIB, got owned, got a bus, we all got owned. Got back to the Bus, shot a guy... Owned.
Some dudes had our little base camped out for hours lol.
Best game ever.

Reply #297 Posted: June 25, 2012, 10:31:58 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Mmm, i played this game once, ran around for about 1 hr before i ran out of ammo.

found a stack of AK47's in a military medic camp, but i couldnt pick any of them up, so assumed they were just objects.

Eventually ran out of ammo, and a zombie broke my leg and ate my face.

Didnt see anyone else.

I just found the lack of item finding in general frustrating.

Reply #298 Posted: June 25, 2012, 10:41:35 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline MindRiotNz

• Just settled in
  • MindRiotNz has no influence.
Quote from: weap0nX;1491326
lol'd. BL son

yo riot, we will have to jump on together soonish

keen hard.

Reply #299 Posted: June 25, 2012, 11:43:17 am

"The internet is not something that you just dump something on. It\'s not a big truck. It\'s, it\'s a series of tubes."