Poll

Would you vote for or against Louisa Wall\'s (Labour Party)  Marriage Equality Bill?

For
34 (82.9%)
Against
3 (7.3%)
Abstain
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: August 28, 2013, 11:06:08 pm

Topic: Is this the simplest political decision so far this year?

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1523702
sitting around on your arse listening to hours upon hours of boring shit.

You are going to the wrong weddings..

At Darkvirus' wedding, I was having such a good time that two people found me passed out on the ground, had to carry me to a couch, where I slept for an hour, and then I resumed having said good time.

Reply #150 Posted: April 18, 2013, 06:03:24 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
......the gays have almost completely overrun our church fortress............they are so empowered...................the government has collapsed and the gay masses have taken over.....meteors have begun falling and volcanoes erupting.......may this be a message to all other countries...........avoid legalising gay marriage at all costs!

Reply #151 Posted: April 18, 2013, 06:20:58 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1523707
......the gays have almost completely overrun our church fortress............they are so empowered...................the government has collapsed and the gay masses have taken over..... gay meteors have begun falling and gay volcanoes erupting pure gayness.......may this be a message to all other countries...........avoid legalising gay marriage at all costs!

Better.

Reply #152 Posted: April 18, 2013, 06:22:44 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Most amusing speech of the debate:

Reply #153 Posted: April 18, 2013, 06:24:20 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Pretty disappointed that my electorate MP changed to 'No' for the last reading!  Unsurprising though, he is the most incompetent member of the house, so far as I can tell.

Reply #154 Posted: April 18, 2013, 06:47:18 pm

Offline deanox

• Just settled in
  • deanox has no influence.
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1523705
You are going to the wrong weddings..

At Darkvirus' wedding, I was having such a good time that two people found me passed out on the ground, had to carry me to a couch, where I slept for an hour, and then I resumed having said good time.

That be in true Whangarei style!

Reply #155 Posted: April 18, 2013, 07:57:37 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Dear old mother was just going on about how disgusted she was that gays could be married.

I asked why that was a problem.

She said that it would encourage people who are not really gay to become gay.

I asked why that was a problem.

Silence.

Then I punched her in the face.

Reply #156 Posted: April 18, 2013, 08:24:25 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It's legal to slather peanut butter on my dick and balls and then use my dick to write journal entries about how much I don't like the wait times at KFC.

And you better believe I do it.

Your mother is right. Because it's legal, everyone is going to be gay.

Are you gay yet, Berg? I am. I have big gay peanut butter balls.

Reply #157 Posted: April 19, 2013, 09:35:19 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Any forum members keen? No one larger than 8", I cant fit any bigger than that.

Reply #158 Posted: April 19, 2013, 09:52:20 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1523743
It's legal to slather peanut butter on my dick and balls and then use my dick to write journal entries about how much I don't like the wait times at KFC.

How do you manage to have such delicate control of your dick and balls to achieve the precise movements required to write legibly?

When I try, all I get is a page covered in peanut butter splodges. The IRD sent back my tax return because they couldn't read a thing.

Reply #159 Posted: April 19, 2013, 09:54:24 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

It's all about sphincter control.

Waking up, being too lazy to take a piss so you hold on for longer than you should because you don't want to get out of bed.

Reply #160 Posted: April 19, 2013, 09:56:57 am

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
Quote from: Tandoori;1523711
Pretty disappointed that my electorate MP changed to 'No' for the last reading!  Unsurprising though, he is the most incompetent member of the house, so far as I can tell.

Write a letter explaining how pissed off you are with his vote etc, imply you are going to switch allegiance to Mana or similar, or even better get involved with the LEC and replace him.

Reply #161 Posted: April 19, 2013, 11:59:12 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I've been using a new editor to complete the cards for the New Zealand Politics: CCG and when looking for information about Same Sex Marriages, ran into exactly why Same Sex Marriages were never illegal in New Zealand

Here is a link to an older version of the law, notably Part 1 - Preliminary - Section 2 - Intepretation
http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1955/0092/4.0/DLM292034.html
Notice that the word "Marriage" is not defined. BUT the law does contain all of the people who CANNOT get married e.g minors, people in a consanguineous relationship, non-humans, etc

The August 19 2013 amendment simply adds one line:
"marriage means the union of 2 people, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity"

Hopefully they increase that number one day

Reply #162 Posted: February 07, 2014, 06:51:50 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
I've been using a new editor to complete the cards for the New Zealand Politics: CCG and when looking for information about Same Sex Marriages, ran into exactly why Same Sex Marriages were never illegal in New Zealand

Here is a link to an older version of the law, notably Part 1 - Preliminary - Section 2 - Intepretation
http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1955/0092/4.0/DLM292034.html
Notice that the word "Marriage" is not defined. BUT the law does contain all of the people who CANNOT get married e.g minors, people in a consanguineous relationship, non-humans, etc

The August 19 2013 amendment simply adds one line:
"marriage means the union of 2 people, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity"

Hopefully they increase that number one day

I have to disagree Tiwaking. The Court of Appeal, in a 1997 decision called Quilter v the Attorney-General, ruled that the term 'Marriage' meant one man and one women, essentially on the basis that when Parliament passed the Marriage Act in 1955, that is what the term would have meant.  That is what the 2013 amendment, in effect, overturned.

Reply #163 Posted: February 07, 2014, 07:32:44 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I have to disagree Tiwaking. The Court of Appeal, in a 1997 decision called Quilter v the Attorney-General, ruled that the term 'Marriage' meant one man and one women, essentially on the basis that when Parliament passed the Marriage Act in 1955, that is what the term would have meant.  That is what the 2013 amendment, in effect, overturned.
This is pretty  much the reason why Judicial power is not Legislative power, and never should be. I didnt vote for some judge to hate on the homos. We've got perfectly good Politicians for that

Reply #164 Posted: February 07, 2014, 08:45:23 pm
I am now banned from GetSome