Topic: The Windows 8 Thread

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1524864
Right, I feel I have given Windows 8 enough time to adjust, but I still find it utterly awful.

I am not a fan of that ClassicShell, its budget as.

Downloaded Start8 which is pretty much identical to the Windows 7 start menu. It has settings to allow you to get rid of those fucking rage inducing corner things that you always accidently click on when youre trying to do something else.

I am now very very happy. Follow this guide: http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7

Sounds like too much effort, just get OSX.

Reply #125 Posted: May 06, 2013, 07:14:14 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Wild.

Reply #126 Posted: May 06, 2013, 08:07:52 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline PrinceTuiTeka

• Just settled in
  • PrinceTuiTeka has no influence.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1524872
Sounds like too much effort, just get OSX.

Or Win7?

Reply #127 Posted: May 07, 2013, 10:05:08 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Impressed with the Start up time. Waiting for the PC to boot up is a thing of the past.

Reply #128 Posted: May 07, 2013, 10:14:14 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
I've been running it at work for a while now. I like it.

I would move my pc @ home to win8 but I missed out on the $40 upgrade deal.

Reply #129 Posted: May 07, 2013, 02:35:05 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Benji77;1524918
I've been running it at work for a while now. I like it.

I would move my pc @ home to win8 but I missed out on the $40 upgrade deal.

I got it when it $40, it was great.

Now it's like over $100. I don't understand why they put the price up. No wonder they'll get disappointing sales.

Reply #130 Posted: May 07, 2013, 02:52:35 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524902
Impressed with the Start up time. Waiting for the PC to boot up is a thing of the past.

Because it doesn't actually start up?

Reply #131 Posted: May 07, 2013, 06:51:53 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Quote from: Pyromanik;1524937
Because it doesn't actually start up?

This is true, I actually just sit there staring at a blank screen, pretending I'm playing Battlefield 4 and beating all you guys.

Reply #132 Posted: May 08, 2013, 01:03:04 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1524956
This is true, I actually just sit there staring at a blank screen, pretending I'm playing Battlefield 4 and beating all you guys.

then you woke up with a sticky mess in your boxers ?

Reply #133 Posted: May 09, 2013, 02:52:00 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
All aboard the hater bandwagon

Brought a new samsung laptop recently. I hadn't read anything about windows 8 at all so had no idea wtf was happens when i booted up....
Shit was crazy, bright boxes everywhere, i entered a password nek minit it had all my work setting on it. shit was getting more crazy.... kept flicking between apps  (more like craps) and desktop. It is annoying that every program I installed popped up on the app screen.
Figured out that desktop is way better so spent the next day trying to find a start button. got classic shell, its balls but better than nothing (tried pokki didn't like). I am shit at computer stuff so this is a task for me.
Also, got like a free decade of trend micro titanium installed with it, however it keeps telling me there are multiple antivirussss'ss'ss installed effecting my computer, I have been through it, there is nothing else running. not even defender. so fuck knows what that is all about. what would you guys recommend for an anti funk?
With classic shell installed is there any way of getting back to the "app" screen? Is there any way of completely removing the who app thing? I could just delete all the apps i suppose.

I am scared and alone.....

Reply #134 Posted: May 09, 2013, 03:49:46 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
The trick with classic shell is going through the settings to get it working more like windows seven.

Reply #135 Posted: May 09, 2013, 06:10:20 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
How about reading my fucking post about 5 up.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/make-windows-8-like-windows-7

Reply #136 Posted: May 09, 2013, 10:29:08 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1525027

Is 5 up like 7up?

Reply #137 Posted: May 10, 2013, 07:34:47 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.

Already did, and am running it like 7 anyways. Not sure of point? :/

Reply #138 Posted: May 10, 2013, 08:13:58 am

Quote from: Xenolightning;1525035
Is 5 up like 7up?

5up was one of the prototype drinks they developed. Unfortunately it was too fizzy, and the test subjects would float up to the celling and get chopped to bits by the extractor fan.

Reply #139 Posted: May 10, 2013, 08:28:26 am

Offline oefox

• Devoted Member
  • oefox has no influence.
I here 3up was similar, but instead of an extractor fan they had a crystal that zapped them all to oblivion, was great fun for all the young employees to watch.

Reply #140 Posted: May 10, 2013, 09:32:33 am
- badfox

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Wobbly Willard and the fizz pop factory?

Reply #141 Posted: May 10, 2013, 10:28:38 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!

How about following a running joke. Derp.

Reply #142 Posted: May 11, 2013, 01:38:05 am

Offline Emrico1

The point being that you can achieve the same result with classic shell... You derp.

Reply #143 Posted: May 11, 2013, 01:40:39 am