Topic: Car Products

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What would people recommend for polishing and taking care of the paintwork. Also something to stop raindrop reduise forming on my car?

Alos, and products I should advoid?

Posted: December 08, 2012, 09:00:37 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
What's rediuse?

Also, Alos?

How do we avoid them?

Reply #1 Posted: December 08, 2012, 10:33:28 pm

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
use mothers/macguires .

Reply #2 Posted: December 08, 2012, 10:45:43 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Yeah I have found mothers to be good over the years, also the interior spray has a wonderful almondy fragrance  mmmmmm

Reply #3 Posted: December 08, 2012, 11:06:30 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I use macguires. Personally keep finding that quality carnubra wax gives the best and longest lasting protection, despite all these synthetics coming out.

If this is your first time, would recommend getting a clay kit and going over the car with that first. Then paint cleaner, polish, wax.

Then maintain the wax with meguires quik detailer. This will keep the fresh waxed look/ feel and shed the water off the paint like a duck. Also get a product for the windscreen like rain clear which sheds water off the windscreen. You look like the man when you're driving through heavy rain and don't need to use the wipers.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6741/wp000101medium.jpg
Car Products
Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:17:44 am by BerG

Reply #4 Posted: December 09, 2012, 10:12:54 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
And for christ sake get a chamois. Dry the car after cleaning it.

Reply #5 Posted: December 09, 2012, 10:18:47 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I don't think SM has time for quite that level of car care.

Reply #6 Posted: December 09, 2012, 10:47:26 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

The above is a once yearly process. Then just wax monthly and quik detail weekly (takes 2 mins).

If he doesn't have time for that, he needs to divorce his wife and quit his job.

Reply #7 Posted: December 09, 2012, 02:26:36 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1511114

Also, Alos?

It's spanish for also. Maybe.

Quote from: BerG;1511136
And for christ sake get a chamois. Dry the car after cleaning it.

I've been using a cat, but chamois would work much better, and my arms wouldn't get clawed as much.

Quote from: Zarkov;1511138
I don't think SM has time for quite that level of car care.

Yes I do, I spent lots of money on my car so I want to take good care of it. Plus I like shiny things.

Reply #8 Posted: December 09, 2012, 03:04:50 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

I bet you spend more money on your wife.

Does she ever get a good waxing?

Reply #9 Posted: December 09, 2012, 04:22:22 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1511161
I bet you spend more money on your wife.

Does she ever get a good waxing?

YUP!

:D

Reply #10 Posted: December 10, 2012, 08:46:33 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: BerG;1511133
I use macguires. Personally keep finding that quality carnubra wax gives the best and longest lasting protection, despite all these synthetics coming out.

If this is your first time, would recommend getting a clay kit and going over the car with that first. Then paint cleaner, polish, wax.

Then maintain the wax with meguires quik detailer. This will keep the fresh waxed look/ feel and shed the water off the paint like a duck. Also get a product for the windscreen like rain clear which sheds water off the windscreen. You look like the man when you're driving through heavy rain and don't need to use the wipers.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6741/wp000101medium.jpg
Car Products

Obviously clean it before any of this happens. Also, depending on the colour, you might want to degrease it, use a bit of turps to get the tar off.

Reply #11 Posted: December 10, 2012, 11:22:22 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Car like black like Berg's car.

Reply #12 Posted: December 10, 2012, 11:24:43 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Brake fluid will take that nasty coating right off.

Reply #13 Posted: December 10, 2012, 03:00:06 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Do not listen to Black Heart.

SM- if you are black go for macguires black detailer rather than quik detailer.

Reply #14 Posted: December 10, 2012, 03:17:16 pm

Quote from: BerG;1511232
Do not listen to Black Heart.

SM- if you are black go for macguires black detailer rather than quik detailer.

Thanks

I am pretty black. It's useful when i'm fighting crime lords.

A applied the rainx stuff.

Now I want it to rain, but it doesn't look like it will at all this week.

Reply #15 Posted: December 10, 2012, 03:23:29 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

What about the rest of the car?

You will still look like a loser if you're windscreen is shedding water but the rest of the car is not.

People will probably laugh at you as you're driving along.

Reply #16 Posted: December 10, 2012, 03:32:08 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Out of interest do you lot buy online, or just head down to supercheap/repco. I find my local supercheap has a rather lacking selection.

Reply #17 Posted: December 10, 2012, 05:18:58 pm

It rained today. That rainx stuff is boss.

Reply #18 Posted: December 12, 2012, 08:14:48 am

Quote from: toofast;1511258
Out of interest do you lot buy online, or just head down to supercheap/repco. I find my local supercheap has a rather lacking selection.

Where abouts are you?

Reply #19 Posted: December 12, 2012, 08:23:13 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

The end of the World is and a shiny car are incompatible imo.

Reply #20 Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:03:14 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1511408
It rained today. That rainx stuff is boss.

How else did you think I had Swedish womens beach vollyball teams chasing me all the time?

Reply #21 Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:05:57 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Don't listen to berg, it  was the ukranian team chasing him. They caught him too, he will never be the same again. The things they did with brake fluid.

Reply #22 Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:38:04 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Ok I lie.

It was the Belarus women's shot put team.

Reply #23 Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:46:00 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
You have my sympathies. I hope the ACC sensitive claims unit aren't faxing your notes across the country as we type.

Reply #24 Posted: December 12, 2012, 09:47:20 am