Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
oh level like horizon level. That makes sense.

Reply #75 Posted: August 03, 2013, 06:46:15 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
Cheers Dave,  body position was something I wanted to work on pre tracking but so many things to do in the lead up.  The sweeper at Hampton downs goes up hill at the end so many I'm looking up there. Next track day is the 31st so will get another chance to improve hopefully . Dan should be finished editing and have a YouTube video up soon

Reply #76 Posted: August 03, 2013, 11:53:32 pm
sila.

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
At track days, do people shun those that don't ride sports bikes? Such as cruisers etc? Would love to take my bike down to Hampton or Puke at some point.

Reply #77 Posted: August 04, 2013, 12:10:03 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: playerB;1529420
Cheers Dave,  body position was something I wanted to work on pre tracking but so many things to do in the lead up.  The sweeper at Hampton downs goes up hill at the end so many I'm looking up there. Next track day is the 31st so will get another chance to improve hopefully . Dan should be finished editing and have a YouTube video up soon

You should still be trying to keep your head level, though you might not be able to do that and look up to the next corner due to helmet vs leathers vs shoulder stuff.

Quote from: Dr. Acula;1529421
At track days, do people shun those that don't ride sports bikes? Such as cruisers etc? Would love to take my bike down to Hampton or Puke at some point.

Nah, anyone who goes to a race track understands that the race track is the best place to learn bike handling regardless of what type of bike you ride. I've come across everything from gn125's to harley's to sport tourers, so long as you ride safe no one will care what you ride.

Reply #78 Posted: August 04, 2013, 12:23:02 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529422
Nah, anyone who goes to a race track understands that the race track is the best place to learn bike handling regardless of what type of bike you ride. I've come across everything from gn125's to harley's to sport tourers, so long as you ride safe no one will care what you ride.

Ah, that's a relief. I would've felt a bit awkward turning up to a track day on my little VL250 and be the only cruiser in the field :P

Reply #79 Posted: August 04, 2013, 12:42:14 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member

Reply #80 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:16:19 am
sila.

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Just do it,  it's awesome fun.  I'm thinking about a double bubble screen hoping to get one before the next day.  Hdticketing.co.nz

Reply #81 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:21:01 am
sila.

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
playab looks too big for his bike, should have got an XL size.

Like a clown on a tiny trike.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=qssxdbnm.iui.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

Actually thats kind sexy.

Reply #82 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:51:03 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
Oh mycruelcar, I'm fueling it with petrol and protein powder so it can make some gains.

Reply #83 Posted: August 04, 2013, 04:56:08 pm
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Passed my BHS - 9 mistakes out of a possible 15 - apparently a good score for someone jsut doing the test with no prep

Reply #84 Posted: August 04, 2013, 06:33:38 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
9 mistakes!  Get off my roads!

Gw

Reply #85 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:01:32 pm
sila.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: playerB;1529504
9 mistakes!  Get off my roads!

Gw

Well I was practicing on a Suzuki Bandit (170 Kg Wet) and the bike I did the test on was a dirt type bike (70 Kg wet) so a few of them were simply due to the bike feeling different.

That and I completely cocked up the parking section (but seriously, who parallel parks a bike?)

Reply #86 Posted: August 04, 2013, 10:10:38 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1529505
Well I was practicing on a Suzuki Bandit (170 Kg Wet) and the bike I did the test on was a dirt type bike (70 Kg wet) so a few of them were simply due to the bike feeling different.

That and I completely cocked up the parking section (but seriously, who parallel parks a bike?)

Aparently the new VW bike parks itself.

In other news, like my page bitches. https://www.facebook.com/JeremyHolmesRacing

Reply #87 Posted: August 05, 2013, 12:09:42 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
picked up some leathers last night.
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=mt4ostt2.gqj.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

pretty stoked with them.

Reply #88 Posted: August 06, 2013, 03:08:40 pm
sila.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Same.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5207/5unv.jpg
Motorcyclists of GetSome

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply #89 Posted: August 06, 2013, 04:03:03 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Woohoooooooo look what finally arrived.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7943[/ATTACH]

Reply #90 Posted: August 09, 2013, 03:53:22 pm

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
A big cardboard box?

Reply #91 Posted: August 09, 2013, 04:04:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: frankytanky;1529737
Woohoooooooo look what finally arrived.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7943[/ATTACH]

wtf did they do to the headlights? it looks like a neanderthal!

HURR DURR I RACE BIKE. BIG FAST!

is it the '13 or the '14?

Reply #92 Posted: August 09, 2013, 04:20:16 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Ah! Franky! I see you have recieved my bike....

Reply #93 Posted: August 09, 2013, 04:21:03 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529739
wtf did they do to the headlights? it looks like a neanderthal!

HURR DURR I RACE BIKE. BIG FAST!

is it the '13 or the '14?

Headlights look better in person, looks mean as, thanks for the positive comments tho.
its a 13 the current model. the 14 will be the same when they release it.

My mate is stocked, i facebooked him and said your running this in for me. He was here in seconds. I told him raf the shit out of it, and not tell me what or where he gets to but I want about 300 kms on it by the time he comes back. There was a coyote type comic plume of dust where he was standing.

Reply #94 Posted: August 09, 2013, 05:19:12 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1529741
Headlights look better in person, looks mean as, thanks for the positive comments tho.
its a 13 the current model. the 14 will be the same when they release it.

My mate is stocked, i facebooked him and said your running this in for me. He was here in seconds. I told him raf the shit out of it, and not tell me what or where he gets to but I want about 300 kms on it by the time he comes back. There was a coyote type comic plume of dust where he was standing.

tbh I did google it and retract my previous comments :)

Looks mean and angry again like the 04-06 bike.

You should do a build post of all the yummy HRC bits going on :)

Are there any new features this year?

Reply #95 Posted: August 09, 2013, 06:59:30 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1529747
You should do a build post of all the yummy HRC bits going on :)

+1 for this.

In other news, my bike got re-vinned and re-certed yesterday, plus rego and warrant, have my BSH test hopefully next week as well.

Reply #96 Posted: August 09, 2013, 09:18:29 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Easymeat56k

• Just settled in
  • Easymeat56k has no influence.
Crikey Franky!
My old knee sliders just got a wee bit warm...

Reply #97 Posted: August 09, 2013, 09:21:08 pm
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1529751
+1 for this.

In other news, my bike got re-vinned and re-certed yesterday, plus rego and warrant, have my BSH test hopefully next week as well.

Nice!

Was that your first go at re-ing it?

Reply #98 Posted: August 09, 2013, 09:57:04 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
I will try and update as I do it. I will be putting bits and pieces on the race facebook page as well (linky above). Problem being I source alot of my bits from Italy and they have just shut down for hte summer till the 25th, hopefully my Exhaust (Arrow) and my suspension (Bitubo) are on their way before this happened.

Acula, good luck with the test.

Reply #99 Posted: August 10, 2013, 06:26:02 am