Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Racing cams tomorrow, should be a pretty chillax meet

Reply #225 Posted: January 24, 2014, 05:40:38 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Helped my partners father set up a stall for the Classic Motorcycle Show today that's down at the Vodafone Events Centre in Manukau over the weekend. Got to see a whole shit ton of bikes, ranging from classic BSA Bantam's(and older) all the way to a 2013 'Busa. Wish I had of taken a few pics but the camera on my iPod is just too shit. Would recommend people go along, a lot of cool stuff there.

Reply #226 Posted: January 24, 2014, 11:59:37 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Ping

• Devoted Member
  • Ping has no influence.
Nice to see so many riders on here - I do a bit of riding, both on and off-road. Will hopefully get out later on today if its fine...

Reply #227 Posted: January 25, 2014, 03:47:52 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
Nice to see so many riders on here - I do a bit of riding, both on and off-road. Will hopefully get out later on today if its fine...

oooh nice where abouts are you?

Reply #228 Posted: January 31, 2014, 11:13:31 am
sila.

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
So many people on here have sports bikes, am I the only one currently with a cruiser? :P
Don't get me wrong though, my next bike will be something around an R6 or any other decent 500-600cc sports. I just hope I'm not the odd one out if we ever meet up for a cruise haha.

Reply #229 Posted: February 01, 2014, 01:16:46 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
KLR atm.

Thinking about getting a Ducati ST4.

Not sure if I want to become a motorcycle mechanic at my age though.

Reply #230 Posted: February 01, 2014, 04:21:50 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
The Phoe-rnet is Rising!

Hopefully will be back on 2 wheels soon

Reply #231 Posted: February 01, 2014, 06:32:15 pm

Offline Ping

• Devoted Member
  • Ping has no influence.
oooh nice where abouts are you?

In Wellington, that photo is at the top of the Rimutakas.

I love the R1 but I'm really wanting to get a Aprilia SXV450 at the moment... I reckon a motard would be the bees-knees!

Reply #232 Posted: February 03, 2014, 12:07:01 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Went for a cruise today with my girlfriends dad and a group of about 20 or so riders. Approximately 270km all up, starting out west in Massey, heading down to the Autobahn at Drury where we met up with the rest of the group, then went up through Hunua and Clevedon, and followed the coastal road right to Kaiaua where we had a bit of lunch and talked shit. After lunch, one of the guys had invited us all over to his place in Tuakau for a cold drink and to talk some more shit. The after a bit of a rest, the group slowly dispatched and myself and my partners dad made our way home.

Was an absolutely awesome ride, longest I've done so far and definitely looking forward to the next one. Only unfortunate thing that happened was just after leaving Drury and before we got to Hunua, some dude, about the same age as me(22) on a brand new Royal Enfield that he purchased just over a week ago, hadn't taken off the silicone on his tyres and ended up highsiding around a corner after trying to correct the rear wheel slipping out. Luckily though he had very minor injuries and the bike somehow came out nearly unscathed, with only the left foot peg and shifter coming off and a bit of scraping on the handle bars.

TL;DR Went for a MEEEEAAAANNNN cruise today :D

The trip

My Beast

About half of the group

Stop off in Kaiaua

KTM RC8 nom nom

Always wanted a Buell, ever since I first saw their model with the see-through airbox cover

Partners dad, he rides an 80s Kawasaki Z750

Reply #233 Posted: February 03, 2014, 02:35:07 am
Dr. λculał

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Want to take a lap with me at Levels raceway in Timaru?

Turn the sound up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81U3GpvFh9o

PS what it the[] to embed video again I forget?

There isn't one anymore, you just paste the link.
But it's gotta be http, not https.

NZSBK Levels on board with Jeremy Holmes CBR600RR

Hmm, levels doesn't look so bad when dunlop signs aren't flying out to meet you...
Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:03:28 am by Pyromanik

Reply #234 Posted: February 03, 2014, 05:01:02 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
cool cheers.
Always thought it was funny how levels kinda looked like a cock and balls.

Reply #235 Posted: February 03, 2014, 08:04:21 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Went for a cruise today with my girlfriends dad and a group of about 20 or so riders. Approximately 270km all up, starting out west in Massey, heading down to the Autobahn at Drury where we met up with the rest of the group, then went up through Hunua and Clevedon, and followed the coastal road right to Kaiaua where we had a bit of lunch and talked shit. After lunch, one of the guys had invited us all over to his place in Tuakau for a cold drink and to talk some more shit. The after a bit of a rest, the group slowly dispatched and myself and my partners dad made our way home.

Was an absolutely awesome ride, longest I've done so far and definitely looking forward to the next one. Only unfortunate thing that happened was just after leaving Drury and before we got to Hunua, some dude, about the same age as me(22) on a brand new Royal Enfield that he purchased just over a week ago, hadn't taken off the silicone on his tyres and ended up highsiding around a corner after trying to correct the rear wheel slipping out. Luckily though he had very minor injuries and the bike somehow came out nearly unscathed, with only the left foot peg and shifter coming off and a bit of scraping on the handle bars.

Heh, you probably would have ridden passed me I saw a bunch of Bikers, was very jelly as it was a great day for a ride

Reply #236 Posted: February 03, 2014, 08:39:31 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Heh, you probably would have ridden passed me I saw a bunch of Bikers, was very jelly as it was a great day for a ride

I've seen them on that route also.

Looked a bit crowded to me, also a lot of different skill levels.

2 or 3 riders is probably more fun.

Reply #237 Posted: February 03, 2014, 04:34:10 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Was a cracker day for a ride! Did feel a bit crowded at points, but we broke off into two groups after that dude had a fall, with the faster more experienced riders in one and the less experienced in another so made it a lot more fun, though being in the second group got a bit boring at times as I prefer to go fast :P

Reply #238 Posted: February 03, 2014, 10:02:57 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
cool cheers.

Whaaaaaaat data acquisition is that to do the overlay buddy?

Reply #239 Posted: February 03, 2014, 10:08:14 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
cool cheers.

Whaaaaaaat data acquisition is that to do the overlay buddy?

Why it is none other than an XT racing 8 channel GPX pro data logger supplied by none other than Race Supplies at the price of a small kingdom. No, it's not actually that expensive for what it does. Very handy tool.

Reply #240 Posted: February 04, 2014, 09:33:06 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Ordered new Helmet today - Shoei Qwest  8)

Trying to order new Jacket and Gloves - but certain companies won't allow cheaper overseas online stores to ship directly to NZ...

Grrrrr

Reply #241 Posted: February 04, 2014, 10:04:27 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Has anyone here got any thoughts on 1tonne when it comes to gear?

Reply #242 Posted: February 04, 2014, 10:11:07 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Has anyone here got any thoughts on 1tonne when it comes to gear?

Insert terrible 'its a bit on the heavy side' or 'I prefer lighter gear' Joke

Reply #243 Posted: February 04, 2014, 10:16:29 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Why it is none other than an XT racing 8 channel GPX pro data logger supplied by none other than Race Supplies at the price of a small kingdom. No, it's not actually that expensive for what it does. Very handy tool.

8 channels? what're you logging?

I'm learning all about data logging at the moment (coming soon: Formula SAE thread)

Reply #244 Posted: February 04, 2014, 05:53:42 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member

8 channels? what're you logging?

I'm learning all about data logging at the moment (coming soon: Formula SAE thread)

The loggers are either 4 or 8 channels.
I am not using all the channels yet but will in the future, (i figured its better to have more channels and not use them than not have enough). So far, RPM, TPS, Brake, Water temp and countershaft speed. (it logs GPS, speed, and g force by default). In the future I will prob get suspension probes.

Reply #245 Posted: February 05, 2014, 09:45:43 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
anyone else going to HD tomorrow?

Reply #246 Posted: February 05, 2014, 11:54:22 am
sila.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
The loggers are either 4 or 8 channels.
I am not using all the channels yet but will in the future, (i figured its better to have more channels and not use them than not have enough). So far, RPM, TPS, Brake, Water temp and countershaft speed. (it logs GPS, speed, and g force by default). In the future I will prob get suspension probes.

<Mandatory probe joke>

Brake pressure? or just brake on/off?

with a few widgets and some foo you could do tyre temps and pressures :)

Reply #247 Posted: February 05, 2014, 07:41:29 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Oh good god! I love the look of this bike, but why oh why does it have to be produced by such an unknown company! Why couldn't Yamaha, or Suzuki or any of the other well known and trusted producers bring this out?

http://www.iamabiker.com/motorcycle-news-desk/2014/hero-hastur-620-cc-street-fighter-concept/

Reply #248 Posted: February 07, 2014, 07:45:29 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Maybe they want to actually sell motorbikes.

Reply #249 Posted: February 09, 2014, 08:43:29 am