Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Whoopsy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yffzuYIq8xA#t=256

"Unfortunately i kick the kickstand up but no enough so it fell back down againresulting in the crash as i go to turn left. yes i know i shouldn't have ridden it but i have ridden for many years, since i was 5. so its not like a lack of experience which caused it."

Yeeees it was.

How come engine didn't stop when you put it in gear?

Both my bikes do that.

Same, however it only does it when fully down - the stand could have been partially down combined with the lean enough to not stop the engine

Reply #275 Posted: April 06, 2014, 07:16:57 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

How come engine didn't stop when you put it in gear?

Both my bikes do that.

Few reasons I can think of, in no particular order or likelihood:

1) The 996 doesn't have that switch, some bikes don't. My girlfriends GN250 doesn't.

2) The 996 had it, but it got munted so it's either been removed cause it was dicky or because the ducati replacement was $300+

3) It's been a race bike and had the switch, but while being a race bike the side stand was removed, and hence the switch was removed also. For whatever reason it was never attached again. Lost? damaged? guy couldn't be fucked and figured it'd only ever be him riding it and muscle memory serves him well.

4) I hadn't thought of this, probably the most likely given it actually happened in the video
Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:21:57 pm by Bounty Hunter

Reply #276 Posted: April 06, 2014, 09:17:22 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
well i thought id just inform you all that on Wednesday just been, i wrote my bike off and since then have been sitting in a hospital bed with 2 fractured knees, a broken tibia and a shattered and dislocated ankle, also my left forhead bone above my eye is fractured as well, ill be looking at sitting in this hospital bed for a good 2 weeks or so, then another 6+ months of recovery in the form of wheel chairs and physiotherapists. So yea, not very fun, and some of the damage in my foot could be permanent. Hope all of you are riding safe and keeping your wheels the right way up.

As you can in the picture, I've have quite a number on myself.
Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:24:40 am by Dr. Acula

Reply #277 Posted: May 11, 2014, 07:43:05 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
sorry to hear that man ,get better and keep a positive attitude . Hmmgood said he was gonna call by the hosp to see you...

Reply #278 Posted: May 11, 2014, 09:10:34 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
well i thought id just inform you all that on Wednesday just been, i wrote my bike off and since then have been sitting in a hospital bed with 2 fractured knees, a broken tibia and a shattered and dislocated ankle, also my left forhead bone above my eye is fractured as well, ill be looking at sitting in this hospital bed for a good 2 weeks or so, then another 6+ months of recovery in the form of wheel chairs and physiotherapists. So yea, not very fun, and some of the damage in my foot could be permanent. Hope all of you are riding safe and keeping your wheels the right way up.

As you can in the picture, I've have quite a number on myself.

OUCH!!!!

How did you do it?

Hope you get well soon and that any damage isn't permenant.

Reply #279 Posted: May 11, 2014, 09:16:57 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
D: chap, that's no good. Best of luck for full and (comparitively) swift recovery.

Reply #280 Posted: May 11, 2014, 10:21:39 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
sorry to hear that man ,get better and keep a positive attitude . Hmmgood said he was gonna call by the hosp to see you...

Yea Dan(hmmgood) stopped by yesterday and had a good talk with him.

Was slightly raining up on the coast on Wednesday when i was on my way back from the mall in a line of traffic, had to quickly slow down to keep with the flow of traffic and i must have hit the fronts a little hard and the front wheel slid me out onto oncoming traffic. I hit an oncoming car but luckily they had come to a complete stop by the time i hit them. Extremely lucky to be alive due to the quick actions of the other road users. Bike, ego and body, not so much luck, but all i can hope for is full recovery for my leg and feet and hope to be back on a bike one day.

Reply #281 Posted: May 11, 2014, 10:34:26 am
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
dat wet weather D:
Thinking about riding in it makes my arse pucker as an inexperienced rider :/
Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:54:58 am by Pyromanik

Reply #282 Posted: May 11, 2014, 10:53:25 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Sucky news mate, but glad your here to tell us about it! Best wishes for your recovery, and I'll pass on best wishes from SmilinSniper as well, as we were chatting the other day and he'd heard about your bin too.

Reply #283 Posted: May 11, 2014, 11:46:46 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Narly, Looks like you are incredibly lucky to still be with, all the best on your recovery

Reply #284 Posted: May 11, 2014, 12:22:38 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

Yea Dan(hmmgood) stopped by yesterday and had a good talk with him.

Was slightly raining up on the coast on Wednesday when i was on my way back from the mall in a line of traffic, had to quickly slow down to keep with the flow of traffic and i must have hit the fronts a little hard and the front wheel slid me out onto oncoming traffic. I hit an oncoming car but luckily they had come to a complete stop by the time i hit them. Extremely lucky to be alive due to the quick actions of the other road users. Bike, ego and body, not so much luck, but all i can hope for is full recovery for my leg and feet and hope to be back on a bike one day.

shiiiiiiit Man!

Good luck with the recovery - bad luck on going into a car, but you know - shit happens. Take care, when you get better, we will go for a ride

Reply #285 Posted: May 11, 2014, 02:12:11 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Thanks heaps guys, for the well wishes, really appreciate them, especially being all stuck up in a hospital bed, unable to move or really do anything, looking forward to being out of here and being back on a bike, after a good few months of decent recovery first haha. Second lot of surgery went well last night to close up the wounds in my legs and hopefully should be able to hop into a wheel chair today or tomorrow.

Reply #286 Posted: May 12, 2014, 10:34:56 am
Dr. λculał

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Hey dude sorry to hear about the accident, Shit happens I can attest to that, been through my fair share of accidents ...

Hope everything mends up well, and welcome to the ranks of those of us that can tell the weather changes from the aches in our broken bones.

Reply #287 Posted: May 12, 2014, 02:03:21 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
That really blows mate, I really feel for ya. I have been rubber side up a few times on track but I couldn't imagine the terror of sliding into incoming traffic. It might not feel like it now but the gods smiled on you! That picture is epic, you look like you went 12 rounds with Tyson. But seriously I am glad to hear you are still here (alive), people have done less and not gotten away with it. Heal up fast and all the best with the recovery.

Reply #288 Posted: May 12, 2014, 05:00:48 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Oh man, sorry about the bike, but it's best to see that you'll live.

I did the same thing a few months into my first bike ownership, except I stayed in the lane and almost comically tapped my head on the back on the car in front of me.

Haha, oh, this asian lady got out and came around the back of her car, found me checking her bumper and was like "ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh you ok?!?" I cracked up.

Reply #289 Posted: May 14, 2014, 01:05:42 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Thanks again for the support guys, though i'd update ya'll on the goings on. The actual breaks etc were, both tibias, have a plate on the left and a rod going down the right, left foot has multiple breaks, left heel is in 'uncountable' pieces and my left ankle was dislocated. All that and a fractured left eyebrow. So, at least a couple more weeks in the hospital, another surgery next week for my left foot and another for the eyebrow fracture. 12+ weeks in a wheel chair then probably 6+ months on crutches with the possibility of having permanent damage in my left foot which could result in a limp or pain walking on it. Bike suffered a little worse though, shes a write off due to the frame behind the forks being bent so will probably gut her and sell off the good parts.

Reply #290 Posted: May 16, 2014, 02:54:48 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

What were you wearing? just normal shoes/boots or proper Motorcyle Boots?

Reply #291 Posted: May 16, 2014, 03:17:22 pm

Offline Baldesto

• Addicted
  • Baldesto barely matters.Baldesto barely matters.
you are still alive. rehab is gonna take some time , so the bikes fucked , its replaceable , most of you is where it counts. thoughts are with you man, can hook you up with loads of movies . worse , the pain of rehab is gonna suck ass .

Reply #292 Posted: May 16, 2014, 07:56:41 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Had proper padded leather jacket, gloves and a decent helmet, only wearing jeans and skate shoes though. Thing is, all of my injuries are from the impact, so even quality boots and slacks wouldn't have minimised the damage much.

Yea, definitely lucky to be alive, all thanks to the driver I hit having come to a stop before the impact. GF's father(who is my mechanic and taught me to ride) is looking for another frame and spare parts for my bike to see if he can get it back up to a ridable state which would be amazing. No need for movies or anything, have a mate that brought my PC into the hospital for me and drops by most days with new and exciting things to watch and play which is great, cheers for the offer though man, muchly appreciated.

Reply #293 Posted: May 16, 2014, 09:04:22 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Had proper padded leather jacket, gloves and a decent helmet, only wearing jeans and skate shoes though. Thing is, all of my injuries are from the impact, so even quality boots and slacks wouldn't have minimised the damage much.

Yea, definitely lucky to be alive, all thanks to the driver I hit having come to a stop before the impact. GF's father(who is my mechanic and taught me to ride) is looking for another frame and spare parts for my bike to see if he can get it back up to a ridable state which would be amazing. No need for movies or anything, have a mate that brought my PC into the hospital for me and drops by most days with new and exciting things to watch and play which is great, cheers for the offer though man, muchly appreciated.

MOTOGP THIS WEEKEND TOO!

MARQ MARQUEZ TO CONTINUE KICKING MORE ASS!

Reply #294 Posted: May 17, 2014, 11:08:37 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
only wearing jeans and skate shoes though. Thing is, all of my injuries are from the impact, so even quality boots and slacks wouldn't have minimised the damage much.

I always where my Trousers and boots - Trousers have Knee and hip Armour and these are my boots:

Note the big chunks of Ankle Armour.

Not saying you would have been able to walk away, but quite possibly would have absorbed some of the impact

Reply #295 Posted: May 19, 2014, 09:05:30 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Yea, definitely going to get decent gear before I get back onto a bike. Now I'm just hoping that I will be able to get back on a bike :(

Reply #296 Posted: May 19, 2014, 10:18:42 am
Dr. λculał

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Yea, definitely going to get decent gear before I get back onto a bike. Now I'm just hoping that I will be able to get back on a bike :(

Worst case, buy a trike :-)

Reply #297 Posted: May 19, 2014, 09:59:45 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Worst case, buy a trike :-)

I want to say never but, absolute worst case...

Reply #298 Posted: May 19, 2014, 11:03:06 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
One of my mates came into North Shore Hospital this morning as on his way to work on his R6, he got hit from behind by a car, luckily he only had to get a few xrays done then was on his way. Haven't heard about the bikes condition yet.

Reply #299 Posted: May 21, 2014, 06:45:05 pm
Dr. λculał